The Turf at Dolphin Stadium

I like the ACC logos at the 25 yard line. I don't think we've had those all season have we?

Advertisement
I like the ACC logos at the 25 yard line. I don't think we've had those all season have we?

Dolphins are on the road this week, I wouldn't be shocked if they give us the endzones custom too.

Huge national TV game, have to go all out.

M0ipenZ.jpg

Looking good so far.

I'm guessing that is a recent picture, either yesterday or today. Was kind hoping they would paint the end zones like they did at the OB with the helmets and Canes font we use. Dolphins are at Panthers on MNF so there is time to get rid of it. Oh well.

It's also Veterans Day so look for a great pre-game show. Of course the talking heads never show it for those who have to watch it on TV.

Dolphins are on the road this week, I wouldn't be shocked if they give us the endzones custom too.

M0ipenZ.jpg

Looking good so far.

I'm guessing that is a recent picture, either yesterday or today. Was kind hoping they would paint the end zones like they did at the OB with the helmets and Canes font we use. Dolphins are at Panthers on MNF so there is time to get rid of it. Oh well.

Picture is from about noon today. Still a lot of time to paint the endzones.

Advertisement

When was the last time we had custom end zones at HRS? 2008?

The ONLY time Miami ever has had custom end zones in that stadium is 2008 vs UCF.

True.

Why Tampa and USF can figure it out and Hard Rock can't I have no idea. Really it is just about a refusal to do it. Nothing is stopping them besides the cost of paint and possibly having to rip up the endzones to switch from UM to Dolphins when they don't play back to back games. The excuse I have heard is it doesn't look good for the Dolphins games to have faded UM custom endzones under a freshly painted Dolphins end zone.

Advertisement

When was the last time we had custom end zones at HRS? 2008?

The ONLY time Miami ever has had custom end zones in that stadium is 2008 vs UCF.

True.

Why Tampa and USF can figure it out and Hard Rock can't I have no idea. Really it is just about a refusal to do it. Nothing is stopping them besides the cost of paint and possibly having to rip up the endzones to switch from UM to Dolphins when they don't play back to back games. The excuse I have heard is it doesn't look good for the Dolphins games to have faded UM custom endzones under a freshly painted Dolphins end zone.

It's not just Tampa Bay and USF.
Temple and the Philadelphia Eagles do it.
USC and the LA Rams do it.
The only other teams that don't do it are the Pittsburgh teams.

M0ipenZ.jpg

Looking good so far.

I wish the U was a tad bigger.

M0ipenZ.jpg

Looking good so far.

I'm pretty sure there are rules where the logos can't cross over the lines on the field, so it would be all distorted if you just tried to stretch it vertically.

M0ipenZ.jpg

Looking good so far.

I'm pretty sure there are rules where the logos can't cross over the lines on the field, so it would be all distorted if you just tried to stretch it vertically.

That doesn't sound accurate. The U at the OB was bigger and FSU's logo of the white guy's face dressed as a Seminole on the 50 is huge.

Advertisement
M0ipenZ.jpg

Looking good so far.

That doesn't sound accurate. The U at the OB was bigger and FSU's logo of the white guy's face dressed as a Seminole on the 50 is huge.

Maybe that's an NFL rule.

Definitely not an NCAA rule.

UNC’s field Logo is about 50% bigger than the “U”
E Carolina and VT are about 100% bigger
FSU, Clemson and Duke about 30% bigger

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back