The Turf at Dolphin Stadium

Advertisement
The turf affects our guys too, obviously, but I definitely think it has been getting into the heads of our opponents. Our team is used to it and knows what to expect. It isn't in the back of their heads, they aren't worrying about it. It's an advantage to us if anything.

I don't know how much better the field is going to be the whole rest of the year. It might be impossible to correct within the span of two weeks. Constantly having the Canes and Dolphins playing at home on the same weekend sure isn't helping, either.

Wow, wonder how much money they are spending on turf rolls? Can I get a roll for my backyard? Sheeesh!

Advertisement
It was weird because they appeared to install different grass in the endzone last week. The endzones get less traffic but they held up fine in warmups and during the games. Doesn't look like they're ripping them up either if you look at the webcam.

The field softens hits and if you can't plant your feet to make cuts, you lessen your chances of tearing a ligament. The slippery conditions helped neutralize gt's option and syracuse's passing attack. It's a definite home field advantage.
The injury portion regarding "give" was mentioned. How exactly do you guess the slippery turf helped neutralize Syracuse's passing attack?

and all this time I thought our receivers were running routes they were just only running on the good grass so it didn't effect our passing game like it Syracuse's.

:monkey-serious:

Advertisement
For everyone saying that this isn't a big deal, you're wrong. It's a competitive disadvantage and an injury risk, and there's no excuse that the field has been this bad this season.

I'm not really behind the artificial surface idea yet, but it can't stay like this.

I know they put in new sod in August, and after this week, twice this month. Did they put in new sod in September too?

what is going on here?

102320171103_l.jpg

Renovations. Prior to the season and for several months, large equipment occupied the interior of the stadium. The existence and use of that mammoth machinery damaged the sub base and a couple drainage ducts. Also, repair to the grading and sloping was never done....the results of that won't be remedied till the end of the year

What the ****, man. Watched guys rip through 2 foot divots yesterday. Really tough to make sharp cuts toward the middle of the field in that environment. Also makes DBs and LBs a little more hesitant in changing direction.

Anyone have the story on why this is going on? It's been raining and all, but looks extreme. The Dolphin game right now looks like my High School's practice field in the 90s. Lots of mud.

*Looked through the first two pages for "field" and "turf" and didn't see anything. Sorry if there's already a thread on this. If so, I'll delete.

This seems to make sense. Did you work on the stadium project? If so, any idea when the situation will be remedied? There definitely wasn't any drainage issues prior to this season.

Also, let's just put some itchy *** St. Augustine grass down at Hard Rock. Then it'll really be like playing at home for the Florida kids.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The part that makes zero sense is I can't believe that the Dolphins didn't have a study done on the hearty-ness of the grass they planned to use.
You mean there's not an agricultural company out there that could have tested various types of sod in the anticipated conditions of the field?

Also they're lack of addressing it speaks volumes.

Last edited:
Spend the money and put field turf down. Problem solved. The boys will really 'fly around' then.

The circus is coming to town and it will be starring that clown steve ross. Maybe he'll swallow a flaming sword...

Advertisement
Back