The truth about Jarren Williams...

Hopefully Jarren will outperform NKosis performance seeing as he was watching on the sidelines while NKosi was playing as a true freshman last year... Jarren is in his second year and in a better offense under a better coach.
N'kosi was a true freshman last year? That's news to me.

Advertisement
Hopefully Jarren will outperform NKosis performance seeing as he was watching on the sidelines while NKosi was playing as a true freshman last year... Jarren is in his second year and in a better offense under a better coach.
Funny how both had the same time to learn under the same coach in the same offense and Jarren beat your guy 🤷‍♂️.

Hey you know what they say about fat-gutted, pimple-faced couch Quarterback experts?

"Those guys are the true experts of how to play the QB position...."

Wake up homers-- this ain't 2001....or 1989...

This is like 1984 when Schnelly started a vibe, a movement.... bringing in the bad boys from the mean streets...

This is when the foundation gets put down. It's actually not about winning every game yet.... it's about showing you can improve from game to game. That mistakes are cut down. That blocking gets better. That the running game can rip yards so that the QB can have the benefit of the D being a little back on their heels so he gets that extra time and space for the WR to get open.

You can believe Miami always step on the field every year as "THE MIAMI".... just like you can believe Trump ain't a mad-man running America...

It don't make it true.

Miami is what Miami is... a #30s-20's ranked team at best right now.

But it's what they are ranked at THE END OF THE SEASON that has the ultimate meaning.

So take a big toke on some good green bud....blow it out....take another big toke....blow it out....scratch your nuts...

Then let's wait for the next game...and see if this team shows it can learn from mistakes and improve.

That's how you tell if Miami is coming back....
You get nuked at Schnelly
This is the new narrative for people to latch on I guess.... Some of y’all taking this too the extreme and can’t comprehend what enos presser the other day was all about. Did Jarren show some good things? Yes. Can he stop working and rest on his laurels? No. He made a lot of plays and missed some plays. That’s fine and expected to happen a for a QB starting his FIRST GAME. He will improve with more experience under his belt
Man I hope you're right. Just an fyi...I ain't got no narrative. It's all about the U. End of story.

Go Canes!!!!!

Advertisement
I came into this thread to understand why it was still adding post. Left more confused than when I arrived.

Since you seem to have your pulse on the racial tendencies of our fan base, how do you suggest we criticize this QB if he shats the bed? Is there some language I can use to signal to Cane nation that I am not a racist and only am criticizing the QB play (if I must). The last thing I want to do is be labeled a racist (not that I really care), and you seem to be the person to talk to about this - a man that can see through the subterfuge, with a skilled eye in fleshing out racist overtones, and a man who monitors the social zeitgeist of our cane family. I think we will need you much this season, as now we have a black QB, and a quick white Edelman/Welker-esque possession WR who is clearly a gym rat - this has never happened in college football so I suspect your skills will be needed as we move forward.

The 1st thing we need to understand is, even the most staunch racist rarely ever acknowledges that they are one. So the very nature of racism is that it functions surreptitiously.

Secondly, I never once said that criticism of Jarren was unwarranted or flagrant. My pt was that being overly critical of him at this stage or reaching broad conclusions about the trajectory of his career based off of 1 game, is absurd. A racial undertone is introduced when clowns attempt to put forth the notion that Martell would've not only performed better against UF, but also would've ended up winning the game. There exists such a disparity in arm talent between Williams & Martell that it's not even worth discussing.

The 1st thing we need to understand is, even the most staunch racist rarely ever acknowledges that they are one. So the very nature of racism is that it functions surreptitiously.

Secondly, I never once said that criticism of Jarren was unwarranted or flagrant. My pt was that being overly critical of him at this stage or reaching broad conclusions about the trajectory of his career based off of 1 game, is absurd. A racial undertone is introduced when clowns attempt to put forth the notion that Martell would've not only performed better against UF, but also would've ended up winning the game. There exists such a disparity in arm talent between Williams & Martell that it's not even worth discussing.

Forget about the 2 people saying we should have used Martell. They’re irrelevant anyway.

You realize that a good portion of the posters banging on Jarren are black themselves?

I agree about Jarren, his first game is too quick to judge. But I have no problem with holding him to a high standard. I want him to succeed. Being critical of him is in no way being racist. It’s holding him to a high standard, in fact not holding him to a high standard might actually be more racist in itself.

Bottom line, unless it’s one of the couple of obvious racists that pollute the site, nothing having anything to do with the quarterbacks, in my opinion, has anything to do with race. Nobody thinks like that anymore.

Maybe those people that ríp Jarren and call for Tate are just morons???

And the board’s biggest Tate supporter is African American as is the board’s biggest Jarren detractor.

Personally, I like Tate getting some decoy packages though the number of reps he got compared to Hightower and others is concerning to me but I’m not a coach so I have to hope that the coaches do what they think is most likely to help us get wins.

Advertisement
Maybe those people that ríp Jarren and call for Tate are just morons???

And the board’s biggest Tate supporter is African American as is the board’s biggest Jarren detractor.

Personally, I like Tate getting some decoy packages though the number of reps he got compared to Hightower and others is concerning to me but I’m not a coach so I have to hope that the coaches do what they think is most likely to help us get wins.
My call would be to put him in at receiver a few times a game just to give the D something to worry about. Throw to him once or twice just to see what happens.

If he's in every play and we never throw to him or do a double pass, it doesn't make much sense. That said, we've only seen one game so...

CIS posters regularly trash players if we lose. ****, even when we win folks on here jump all over the dropped pass or the missed tackle. There will never be a player that doesn't get criticized, no matter how well he plays. People criticize ST for god sakes. If there's a player more revered in Miami lore, I don't know him, but every once in a while somebody finds something negative to say.

So yeah, some of this may be racism, but pump the brakes. There are fair criticisms to make right now and pointing them out doesn't make somebody a racist.

Advertisement
This is the new narrative for people to latch on I guess.... Some of y’all taking this too the extreme and can’t comprehend what enos presser the other day was all about. Did Jarren show some good things? Yes. Can he stop working and rest on his laurels? No. He made a lot of plays and missed some plays. That’s fine and expected to happen a for a QB starting his FIRST GAME. He will improve with more experience under his belt

Dude. Are you serious right now? Who the **** is latching on to this narrative you speak of? Just because someone has a different opinion than yours doesn't means they're part of some fake *** false narrative club that you seem to have pulled out of your *** just so you can support your own narrative. That **** is wacked yo.

JW looked like a talented kid out there with all the skills to be a great QB one day. No doubt about it.
Besides the fact that he couldn't figure out how to throw the ball away and taking an insane amount of costly sacks. Coupled with the fact that he looked like he may have never thrown a ball away in a game before in his life. Is disturbing to say the least. Other than that. He played well. Just not well enough to win a game we should have won and probably would have won if he didn't take a half dozen unnecessary sacks.
Make all the excuses you want for the young man. At the end of the day . He didn't play well enough to win the game and he wasn't alone in the mistake category. But that doesn't change the fact that he played well enough to lose. He's the QB and his mistakes were as costly as any that cost us the game. I'm pulling for the kid to succeed just as much as you are. He just better figure out how to win and he needs to do it right away or his *** will be holding a clipboard and wearing a head set on the sidelines before long. Just facts bro. No excuses. No narrative. Just facts. If he can't get it done vs NC then we need to find out who can. I'm not saying I've got the kid figured out after game 1. I'm just saying he didn't play well enough to win and that ain't gonna fly around here. Peace

Go Canes!!!!!!

There are indesputable truths about Jarren so far and there is speculation about Jarren.

These are the truths:

1. He held the ball too long at times
2. He missed some open guys
3. 90% of the time the ball did leave his hand, he delivered a beautifully thrown, accuarate ball where only the receiver could make a play on it and/or put him in a position to continue to gain positive yardage.

1 and 2 are totally fixable.

Number 3 is all I care about right now, especially after one start, on the road, with a new offense and OC, against a Top 10 team thats our most hated rival.

The kind of accuracy he displayed is much harder to teach than 1 and 2 are to correct.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Give the kid 4 or 5 games to show what he can do. He should get used to the speed of the game at this level by then and Enos should have a better sense of how to get him into a good rhythm.

If by the middle of the season we see the same mistakes then maybe we should reevaluate things a bit but I have a feeling we will be more than okay.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back