The truth about Jarren Williams...

We've got 2 6'5" guys as receiver types and we didn't bother to throw a single fade to them in the end zone. There were other plays where we had receivers open downfield but Jarren decided to go short. He played scared. Holding onto the ball and taking sacks is being timid. He needs to roll the dice on some long balls to stretch a defense.
Regarding tall receivers, Cager says hi.
As for the long ball, I don't disagree in general. But in that game, I think the priority was and should have been ball security.

Advertisement
Stats
- 11 of 20 completed passes were behind the line of scrimmage (Yes 20, espn box score has it wrong at 19).
- 6 of the other 9 passes were for 10yds or under (3,3,5,6,10,10). *This is not counting yac, just the throw and catch
- 19 of 20 passes were to wide open receivers.

These are throws that any Power 5 starting qb should be able to make.

Missed Opportunites
- A low throw to Jeff Thomas at 3:20 left in the 2nd quarter cost a TD. If the ball is on point and hits JT in stride then its a TD. Notice the one safety has his body turned towards the slot and the other bites on KJ and its open field behind him.

- A throw behind DJ Dallas cost a TD. If the ball is on target then the DL doesn't touch DJ and all other defenders are being blocked. Kurt comments on it as well during the replay.

- Potential TD is missed due to not keeping eyes on Dj Dallas with the sack at 3:34 in the 3rd quarter. There was pressure but there was also an opportunity as DJ has steps on his defender downfield.

- Big plays squandered by inaccuracy and not seeing a wide open target.

- Jaren had 4 chances at drives on the gator side of the field in the last half of the 4th quarter and did not score on any of them.

Other
- At least five sacks were Jarens fault. Dan enos stated this in a post game interview.
- Decision making lacked in areas like throwing the ball away, tucking and running, not tucking and running, pocket presence and posture among others. This was also commented on by Enos.
- Jaren was not the same QB as they saw in practice. This was another comment made by Dan Enos.

Thoughts
- This is UM. National championships are the bar. This was one of manny's first statements as head coach. Its wins or nothing here. This was stated after the loss by Manny, DJ, and Jaren as well. There were many problems in the game that cost us a win. However, if any player has a performance like this during a game (not practice) and shows so many flaws in things that are not quick fixes then they need to be re-evaluated at minimum and possibly pulled since this may be who they are as a player. Again, this is UM and we dont tolerate losses, especially like this to Florida. If you are playing for the Miami Hurricanes then it doesn't matter if it's your first start or 40th, we expect excellence , this was also a statement made by Enos. We will not see a defense like this until clemson so do we wait until then to see if Jaren can change, or do we give some one else a shot that might not be lacking in these categories.

1.) You sound like a hardened racist. We have a lot of those in this POS fanbase-let's not pretend otherwise.

2.) You're misconstruing Enos's comments. When he said that he demands excellence from his QBs whether it's their 1st start or 40th start, he was talking more so about his unwillingness to lower the bar or not hold them accountable. Enos understands that in order to develop a championship caliber QB there has to be consistency in his coaching methodology & message. If you listened to the entire soundbite or excerpt you would've learned that he also said that mistakes from a young QB are to be expected, as long as they're addressed in a focused & deliberate manner.

Last edited:
1.) You sound like a hardened racist. We have a lot of those in this POS fanbase-let's not pretend otherwise.

2.) You're misconstruing Enos's comments. When he said that he demands excellence from his QBs whether it's their 1st start or 40th start, he was talking more so about his unwillingness to lower the bar or hold them accountable. Because in order to have a championship caliber QB there has to be consistency in the teaching methodology & message they ultimately receive. If you listened to the entire soundbite or excerpt you would've learned that he also said that mistakes from a young QB are to be expected, as long as they're addressed in a focused & deliberate manner.

How the **** is that racist?

How the **** is that racist?

We have dyck suckers in our fanbase that are overly critical of Jarren, in part because they possess a strong disposition towards Martell becoming the QB simply because he is White. All one would have to do is closely examine some of the comments on this site & others, to understand why there exists a racial undertone for a large portion of the criticism directed towards Jarren. This is unfortunate because these type of preferences have the potential to divide & fracture a fanbase, if it hasn't already.

We have dyck suckers in our fanbase that are overly critical of Jarren, in part because they possess a strong disposition towards Martell becoming the QB simply because he is White. All one would have to do is closely examine some of the comments on this site & others, to understand why there exists a racial undertone for a large portion of the criticism directed towards Jarren. This is unfortunate because these type of preferences have the potential to divide & fracture a fanbase, if it hasn't already.

Makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

Advertisement
LOL at “flops”, come on now... In no way did he flop starting his first real against a top 10 opponent that has a good defense with 2 freshman blocking for him..
Make all the excuses you want. He flopped. He's admitted as much. His inability to throw a ball away instead of taking sack after sack was and will be inexcusable moving forward. I'm pulling for the kid but like I said. He flops again again vs NC. He's losing his starting job.

Go Canes!!!!!!

Advertisement

Since you seem to have your pulse on the racial tendencies of our fan base, how do you suggest we criticize this QB if he shats the bed? Is there some language I can use to signal to Cane nation that I am not a racist and only am criticizing the QB play (if I must). The last thing I want to do is be labeled a racist (not that I really care), and you seem to be the person to talk to about this - a man that can see through the subterfuge, with a skilled eye in fleshing out racist overtones, and a man who monitors the social zeitgeist of our cane family. I think we will need you much this season, as now we have a black QB, and a quick white Edelman/Welker-esque possession WR who is clearly a gym rat - this has never happened in college football so I suspect your skills will be needed as we move forward.

I think it goes both ways... just read the incessant posts about Tate being in the game.... pitting cane players against each other is just wrong. ....just need to chill and let it sort out in time....

Last edited:
Make all the excuses you want. He flopped. He's admitted as much. His inability to throw a ball away instead of taking sack after sack was and will be inexcusable moving forward. I'm pulling for the kid but like I said. He flops again again vs NC. He's losing his starting job.

Go Canes!!!!!!
This is the new narrative for people to latch on I guess.... Some of y’all taking this too the extreme and can’t comprehend what enos presser the other day was all about. Did Jarren show some good things? Yes. Can he stop working and rest on his laurels? No. He made a lot of plays and missed some plays. That’s fine and expected to happen a for a QB starting his FIRST GAME. He will improve with more experience under his belt

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not a good enough excuse when NKosi Perry was an option... he wouldn’t have had half of the mental errors and would’ve definitely tested their dbs downfield.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 N’kosi wouldn’t have half the mental errors? Wow, I have a tape for you and it’s called the 2018 Miami Hurricanes

you forgot the 20 plays that were more than 10 yards for a 1st down due to penatlies.... starting a drive and its 1st and 20 or ect killed the game.

Advertisement
Well reading the first and last post in this thread only reaffirms that most UM fans have an IQ slightly above an adult civet. Carry on gentleman, here are some sippy cups, two helmets, and some condoms - I am out of balloons.

When their messiah gets trashed they result to truths about their home life and project them onto others.

I’m sure you’re an opioid addict. Go see a counselor

Sunshine ain't do **** at the beginning which is why he got benched against the Aggies. They brought him along slow. Dont even get me started with the ton of circus catches in the natty to make him look good. Did you see him tonight? I'm a believer Jarren is gonna flourish.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 At least sunshine actually threw the ball to allow his guys to make those catches.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 At least sunshine actually threw the ball to allow his guys to make those catches.
Sunshine had way more time as well (Clemson's oline best game ever, seriously) and it wasn't his first start at that point. You know as well as I that you can't base if he is trigger shy off of one. Results vary opinions, obviously. They dont make those catches then nobody is riding Sunshine ****. We win with a gw drive and nobody is bashing Jarren except the ones who are always negative that are prolly not cane fans. Tee, if you were in SC then you would have the same disgust for Clemson as me. **** Clemson lol

Advertisement
Back