The Top 5 leaps we need from defensive players

Advertisement
He was originally recruited as a CB no? And just found his home at safety?
Precisely.

He struggled immensely when they played him at CB because he simply didn’t have the Foot-speed to cover down the field, but at Safety he found his spot & was more comfortable last year.

He still got exploited in games against UF, NC ST, Clemson, Wake Forest & Notre Dame, but for most part he was actually pretty solid in coverage.

Advertisement
Opponents attempted 36 plus passes a game and we only had 8 INTs
One of the safties has to turn this number around. Avantae is my choice. Blades skills and experience should equal 3 or more as well.
Also only 3 fumble recoveries. Not sure forced fumbles. Safety and LB have to tackle first but opportunities will grow just wrapping up
Mesidor and harvey will look at 8 plus sacks and thomas davis could be our jarvis moss, 5,6 or more

Pure conjecture
I'm actually sticking with this
one or two of the DEs will bring the 8plus sack number
Blades being the nickel dime really makes a huge impact
the safties will all improve, but the turnover numbers need to - Avantae (kinchens too)
LB is the only position I have no idea
it's pretty much an unknown, could be a revelation, it could be depressing
the DL will be a huge key in allowing LBs and strong safety to make plays, but finishing a play will be imperitive

still **** excited

Chase Smith is listed on the roster at 210 - hopefully he can be 220 for fall camp. This guy is an impact player that we need at LB.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back