The talent is back at Carol City

Calvert:

Nice footwork. Average arm strength. High football IQ. Long slow release/floats too many balls because of lack of upper body strength.

Could develop into something nice under center. Not good idea in spread.

Not sure how you got high football IQ from a kid who's only played optimist football. The spring game was his first varsity game in his life. Regardless, he has a nice arm and will be surrouded by talent at CC.

Buckshot is a heady player. I think he's a high motor guy as well.

Advertisement
Calvert:

Nice footwork. Average arm strength. High football IQ. Long slow release/floats too many balls because of lack of upper body strength.

Kinda the same conclusion but different premise altogether. I thought he rarely settled his feet and often throws off his back foot. That could be due to defensive pressure. However, that instability in his base is what I thought lead to some airy throws.

However, his middle name is "Buckshot".

Anymore film of him out there?

Our WR class in 2016 is nice, but I'll be a little upset if Newbold isn't one of the guys included in the class. He's the type that will be a problem underneath and a move the chains type we desperately need.

Newbold should blow up this year. Only people who have seen him play know how good he is. Special player. Should garner more attention after the season.

Calvert:

Not sure how you got high football IQ from a kid who's only played optimist football. The spring game was his first varsity game in his life. Regardless, he has a nice arm and will be surrouded by talent at CC.

And two broken legs.

Advertisement
Newbold should blow up this year. Only people who have seen him play know how good he is. Special player. Should garner more attention after the season.

Newbold is an absolute stud. Should be the last receiver UM takes in 2016 after Brandon Johnson and Freddie Pinder.

Newbold is an absolute stud. Should be the last receiver UM takes in 2016 after Brandon Johnson and Freddie Pinder.

You think we're taking 6 WRs in 2016? That's surprising.

I remember Mullins saying when he committed that he was under the impression there were 3 WR slots and he wanted to lock one down, which is why he committed so early. As long as the WRs already committed don't have a problem with it, then that'd be great. But hopefully there isn't confusion about numbers like there is with the 2015 RB group.

Went in depth on this in another thread too.

Sadly despite Johnson being a cane legacy. I think he might get passed up.

Think and Want us to take Pinder and Newbold and close up shop at WR.

Sucks cause you can only take so many. I think a guy who would get a spot regardless would be Victor but who knows what's the truth. Conflicting reports for him leaning towards Miami and Bama.

My biggest question... Do we pass up the Cali Stud Dymond Lee? Does he want to go from Cali to Florida? We offered him ages ago, any new news on him at this point? I'm thinking maybe staff is passing, because we have enough in state. Seems odd though, since staff took Kaaya, and looking like Milo to come on board too.

The younger Ridley. Cavin. At the moment won't be coming here.(Refer to SBB and Calvin) And he projects more to RB right now.

And for Irvin Jr. Being taken as a TE.

Theirs only so many you can take. Someone getting left out and their feelings hurt.

Think what makes the most sense. It's Newbold and Pinder. Pinder most likely the next. And Newbold after the staff sees more on him. Not a lot of film on Newbold yet.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Why exactly is Buckshot´s potential so high? I see a weak arm and a slow, funky release.

Buckshot is a Davie kid. He was supposed to be with us but we had Freebeck at the time.

Good kid. Good quarterback. Grew a ton in the past couple years.

Advertisement
Boyd Anderson fell off. just a few years ago they were in the 2nd round playoffs consistently

Academics at that school after taking a real turn for the worst from what I've heard. Kids have been trying to get over to Dillard or Stranahan.

Advertisement
I'm telling you, watch out for Buckshot and Newbold. Been stressing it all offseason on here.

Advertisement
Back