The talent is back at Carol City

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
The Carol City Chiefs used to be the gold standard in Dade County. In recent years, the best talent in the area has migrated to Miramar. But it seems like the Chiefs are starting to load up again.

Three guys stand out to me. Rashad Fenton (#1) is a ballhawking '15 corner with good size. Steve Newbold (#3) is a lightning-quick and confident '16 receiver. And '16 QB Buckshot Calvert (that's his real middle name) might be the most interesting of them all. He is a former Optimist star who transferred from Chaminade. He still looks like a little kid, but he has a good arm and can move. He has a lot of hype and could develop into something special.

Check out these highlights from their spring game agains a decent North Miami team. Buckshot throws 6 TDs, four of which go to Fenton and Newbold:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG_PLJYPFyY

Advertisement
The fact that the kid is white and attending Carol City is actually more shocking than his supreme badass name. but that's just me.

i personally think fenton is the best CB in south florida hands down!
He is so dam fluid and has excellent body control!
Please accept his commitment now dam it.
Cole is playing games ,so why is he considered a plan B option? i dont get it!!

Advertisement
Swing pass @ 1:50 was a thing of beauty , and there's no reason thats not a staple in our offense. **** of a job staying up and completing the TD @ 2:55.

Once again, there are so many ballers in south Florida. This ******* kids name is buckshot..... Sign em up.

Advertisement
I graduated from North Miami. when i used to go there, the football team was hot garbage. cool to see they're decent now.

Calvert:

Nice footwork. Average arm strength. High football IQ. Long slow release/floats too many balls because of lack of upper body strength.

Could develop into something nice under center. Not good idea in spread.

Advertisement
The fact that the kid is white and attending Carol City is actually more shocking than his supreme badass name. but that's just me.

It happens. Two of my nephews/Godsons(not athletes at all) attended CC because my sister liked some program there. Bused in from Miami Springs. Still it is not exactly what we are use to seeing. CC is my childhood hood. Was tough then and hasn't gotten any softer.

How have we not gotten Fenton yet? This kid Newbold is the type that goes to a mid level SEC school and plays himself into the league. (See Sanders, Ace)

i like Fenton's tape. He still doesnt have an offer though & how many DBs will this staff end up taking this cycle?

Advertisement
Carol City my pick to make noise in Dade county this year.

St. Thomas for Broward area.

I won't be a happy camper if Buckshot and Newbold not in 2016 class.

Calvert is good, but nowhere near Allison. Let's be real.

As current prospects yes. But you can't deny Calverts potential.

I consider Allison in a group of elite qbs for 2016. From my own personal opinion.

Allison
Costello
Eason
Franks
Henry

Calvert not as advanced as Allison is at their age. But Calvert has a big time ceiling.

If we stay in state to get a 2nd qb for 2016. Hope it's Calvert. Heard he loves the U. I like him more as a prospect than Dame from Suncoast.

As it has been alluded to. See the potential in Calvert. Looks like he's still growing, even some bulking. Definitely one to watch. He's been making a lot of noise.

Last edited:
Calvert:

Nice footwork. Average arm strength. High football IQ. Long slow release/floats too many balls because of lack of upper body strength.

Could develop into something nice under center. Not good idea in spread.

Not sure how you got high football IQ from a kid who's only played optimist football. The spring game was his first varsity game in his life. Regardless, he has a nice arm and will be surrouded by talent at CC.

Advertisement
Back