The Tale of Dan Enos: Failure In Numbers

Advertisement
Advertisement
No, selectively choosing things to try and criticize him for while ignoring things he deserves credit for is nitpicking.
A handful of people (Which to be honest I'm more upset about) are freaking out because his entire body of work as an OC is garbage tier stuff outside of 1 year at Arkansas. That is not nitpicking. That is his resume.

No, selectively choosing things to try and criticize him for while ignoring things he deserves credit for is nitpicking.
Are you trying to say that scoring offense and total offense are irrelevant or something?

I don't understand how pulling those two stats is being selective. What stats do you refer to to judge a coaches merit?

Never heard of the guy before this week. But it seems like a weak pick. I don't by the Bama and UGA wanted him as OC hype.

lol you dont buy what was vastly reported that UGA and Bama offered him their OC jobs and he said no? ok. maybe you just dont like him and had your heart set out on a dude

I wanted a spread/Air Raid style of guy for OC. I thought if we could get that kind of system in here and surround an OC with ace recruiters, then we could sit back and watch the profits roll in.

However...I've got to trust Manny here. I think I remember Manny saying in an interview somewhere he would look for a guy who was the type that gave him issues as a defense. He's played against Enos before when Manny was at Miss St and Enos was at Arky. Maybe Manny feels like Enos can give other DC's a challenge like he did to Manny. I'm not crazy about the system being more pro-style when I was expecting an Air Raid type of hire...but Enos knows QBs, and can get the most out of them. QB play has been an Achilles heel at Miami for far too long...maybe Enos is the guy to fix that.

Right/wrong/otherwise - I do like the optics of taking him from Bama. Even if Saban didn't necessarily want him, the fact that we peeled him away when he was assumed the de facto OC-to-be has a good look to it. UGA announcing the Coley OC hire right after we announce that we landed Enos looks good too. Now...whether it will actually work and turn into production or not - we'll all see.

I get the concerns, I really do. But I'm willing to give him an honest shot.

saban offered him the OC job according to their own reporters.

Advertisement
Saban is cleaning house. If Saban wanted him, he’d have him.

saban isn't cleaning house. their own guys are reporting he was the front runner for the OC job after locksley left. you can either make **** up or believe what more informed people are telling you. if smart had won out on Enos, this entire site would've cried and *****ed that we only ended up major or someone else

that arkansas offense was good the year before he got there as well

coley was already Co-OC at georgia. so im guessing he turned down a Co-OC job there, and most likely what was going to be one at bama, to come here to be the sole OC.

this isnt a slamdunk, homerun hire. but it is a safe one

we’ll see.

DD this is the biggest coaching hire for Miami in 30 years. We beat out two top 5 teams for him. Huge huge win.

You really think that Saban is being outbid if he didn't want this guy to leave Tuscaloosa?

No chance.

ITS BEEN REPORTED BY THEIR OWN GUYS THAT HE WAS THE OC FRONTRUNNER TO TAKE OVER. maybe you know more than guys who are with saban daily. i doubt it, but maybe that's you

Fair point; perhaps he's better suited as a coordinator. I still think given his reputation, the quality of the programs that wanted to hire him, along with his experience and history of production makes him a quality hire.

Hope you're right. I really want to see our offense get out of the stone age.

Advertisement
DD this is the biggest coaching hire for Miami in 30 years. We beat out two top 5 teams for him. Huge huge win.

also there is 0 truth to enos sharing play calling duties with coley. UGA offered him the job and he turned it down for whatever reason. they then promoted coley.

Advertisement
ITS BEEN REPORTED BY THEIR OWN GUYS THAT HE WAS THE OC FRONTRUNNER TO TAKE OVER. maybe you know more than guys who are with saban daily. i doubt it, but maybe that's you

I'm not doubting this. But Bama has deeper pockets; in my opinion, if Saban wanted to keep him on staff, he could have outbid us no problem.

He would have been no less than QB coach co-oc at Bama. They absolutely wanted him there.

he was credited by both QBs to helping their game develop and they absolutely didn't want him to leave. their fans, who know more about their own team and guys than we do, are ****ed he was the one that got poached

Don’t know if I’m ready to go over to the good hire side yet but I’m just looking for someone that can call plays that set up something and aren’t just thrown together with no rhyme or reason.

Richts O ( if you can even call it that) made no sense most of the time.If this guy can just call plays to sustain drives and do things in the first half to set up stuff in the second half I think I’ll be ok.He obviously is a good QB coach and we’ve been lacking this forever.Maybe top QB’s will want to come here to play and actually turn into decent players.

I’m not crossing over yet but I’m getting closer to the line.

ummm hes better than the last lot... and has been a winner, a well; as highly coveted. If Jalen comes im ok with it.

Advertisement
Back