The Tale of Dan Enos: Failure In Numbers

Fan of the team, and an alumnus. The latter is an automatic disqualification, the former is an aggravating factor.
uUUJ3oc.gif

Advertisement
This thread is about Dan Penos, not a platform for weird ****** stalkers to recite inaccurate bios.

The entire point of this thread was "show me something besides Bama and UGA wanted him." The OP put numbers down that paint a pretty bleak picture. That's an objective fact.
This was offered (pasted below) and both of you have completely ignored it:

During his three years at Arkansas, Enos oversaw an offense that produced some of the most impressive seasons in Razorback history. Arkansas was one of two FBS programs with a 3,000-yard passer and 1,300-yard rusher in both 2015 and 2016, featuring a different quarterback and different running back carrying the load in each season. He also had a 3,000-yard passer and 1,000-yard rusher in his final season at Central Michigan in 2014.

Enos tutored both Brandon Allen (2015) and Austin Allen (2016) to 3,000-yard passing seasons, as the brothers became just the third and fourth players in program history to reach that number through the air. Brandon threw for 3,440 yards and 30 touchdowns as a senior in 2015 while leading the nation in quarterback efficiency. Austin then led the SEC in 2016 with 3,430 yards and was second in the league in touchdowns with 25. Enos had five offensive players selected in the 2016 NFL Draft, tied for the second-most nationally.

Despite seeing two 1,000-yard rushers move on to the NFL following the 2015 season, Enos also turned another first-time starter in running back Rawleigh Williams III into a First Team All-SEC selection. Williams led the SEC regular-season in rushing while his 1,360 yards on the year were bolstered by seven 100-yard performances.

This thread is about Dan Penos, not a platform for weird ****** stalkers to recite inaccurate bios.

Is it now? Any other instructions? I'm so sorry I didn't have your permission. Dan Penos is the only subject allowed?

Speaking of weird faqqots, go easy on the kettle there, pot.

Having a great memory does not a stalker make; you put all this information out there voluntarily. I'm assuming you made it to 3L, right? Address the substance of my argument that you lack credibility.

Or did you result to an insult because you can't be rehabilitated?

Advertisement
This was offered (pasted below) and both of you have completely ignored it:

During his three years at Arkansas, Enos oversaw an offense that produced some of the most impressive seasons in Razorback history. Arkansas was one of two FBS programs with a 3,000-yard passer and 1,300-yard rusher in both 2015 and 2016, featuring a different quarterback and different running back carrying the load in each season. He also had a 3,000-yard passer and 1,000-yard rusher in his final season at Central Michigan in 2014.

Great, he did well for the Arkansas Razorbacks. Doesn't ignore that at CMU and Arkansas, both offenses got worse as his tenure went along.

Enos tutored both Brandon Allen (2015) and Austin Allen (2016) to 3,000-yard passing seasons, as the brothers became just the third and fourth players in program history to reach that number through the air. Brandon threw for 3,440 yards and 30 touchdowns as a senior in 2015 while leading the nation in quarterback efficiency. Austin then led the SEC in 2016 with 3,430 yards and was second in the league in touchdowns with 25.

Malik Rosier threw for 3000 yards and 26 TDs last season. Consider me unimpressed.

Also, when a feather in your cap is "I did great things with the Allen brothers!" you're not winning me over.

Enos had five offensive players selected in the 2016 NFL Draft, tied for the second-most nationally.

This is a very, very poor way to evaluate someone's abilities as a coach. Kliff Kingsbury went 5-7 with Patrick Mahomes as a quarterback and had Baker Mayfield on his roster without ever offering him a scholarship; does he get credit for their draft position?

Despite seeing two 1,000-yard rushers move on to the NFL following the 2015 season, Enos also turned another first-time starter in running back Rawleigh Williams III into a First Team All-SEC selection. Williams led the SEC regular-season in rushing while his 1,360 yards on the year were bolstered by seven 100-yard performances.

I'm shocked that a run-first, run-heavy team produced a 1,000 yard rusher. Again, not the best indicator of abilities as an offensive coordinator.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Great, he did well for the Arkansas Razorbacks. Doesn't ignore that at CMU and Arkansas, bot offenses got worse as his tenure went along.

Malik Rosier threw for 3000 yards and 26 TDs last season. Consider me unimpressed.

Also, when a feather in your cap is "I did great things with the Allen brothers!" you're not winning me over.

This is a very, very poor way to evaluate someone's abilities as a coach. Kliff Kingsbury went 5-7 with Patrick Mahomes as a quarterback and had Baker Mayfield on his roster without ever offering him a scholarship; does he get credit for their draft position?

I'm shocked that a run-first, run-heavy team produced a 1,000 yard rusher. Again, not the best indicator of abilities as an offensive coordinator.
LOL smh. So your agenda is you don't like the hire and will nitpick everything you can to fulfill your goal of whining incessantly about it for his entire tenure. Cool, bro, enjoy.

Advertisement
So your agenda is you don't like the hire and will nitpick everything you can to fulfill your goal of whining incessantly about it for his entire tenure. Cool, bro, enjoy.

Nope. Here's my thoughts on it, since you seem to want to put words in my mouth.

1. It's an underwhelming hire for what Manny said he wanted to do with the offense. If the goal is spread, stress-the-defense horizontally and vertically, this is not the guy to do that.

2. That's not a bad thing! I think Enos can work at Miami - but there are some red flags in his past, and I don't like that we didn't take a chance on a younger, hungrier guy that ran a spread, up-tempo system to take advantage of the athletes we have.

3. Enos being the top choice for Bama and UGA does nothing for me. I refuse to sign off on the hire for that fact alone.

4. Enos could be successful...but I need to see it first to believe it. It just doesn't feel like this is the direction Manny wanted to go in, and I think the fanbase would have been VERY upset if Mark Richt was the one making this hire.

5. If Enos is NOT successful, a lot of the same complaints we had about Richt will be applicable to his failures. And that sucks.

You dont coach for Saban if you aren't successful

That depends. Some guys have done well (Kirby Smart, I guess you could put Kiffin here?) Others have not fared as well - Nussmeier, McElwain, Pruitt is still a question mark.

His LSU coaching tree is very good, I will give him that.

Advertisement
Bro I don't want to hear about how georgia wanted him so that means miami should. Enos got taken off the board and they ******* hired coley as the second option.

Based on that @1mg of Epi wants to be one of the first to jump on the negative train, nothing else, because apparently he was the leading candidate at Bama and UGA
Well... because he was the QB coach. Was he offered the OC job there?

I’m not negative on the hire. I’m neutral at this point. I would’ve have preferred manny do what he said he was going to do and hired an OC that runs high tempo spreads like some of the other names we heard... But at the same time, he was coaching at Bama and wanted by another elite program.

The stats from his previous OC stints are pretty pedestrian, but on the flip side... people do get better over time. (Ie manny himself)

So... I have high hopes, but im not ecstatic over the hire. Not really negative at all. Realistic.

Besides..... @Go Canes!! When have u ever known me to go negative??? Lol

It doesn't explain his awful numbers at Central Michigan. And he took over a CMU team that went 12-2 and finished the season ranked #24 (and proceeded to go 3-9 in back to back seasons), so you can't make the argument that he inherited a bare cupboard.

Fair point; perhaps he's better suited as a coordinator. I still think given his reputation, the quality of the programs that wanted to hire him, along with his experience and history of production makes him a quality hire.

You really think that Saban is being outbid if he didn't want this guy to leave Tuscaloosa?

No chance.

LOL I Like how something like outbid gets thrown in there and how your hunches are somehow more factual than facts themselves.

Advertisement
Back