The Tale of Dan Enos: Failure In Numbers

I love when people say he developed tua.

A kid that was called the next Aaron Rodgers before stepping foot on a campus.

Advertisement
I love when people say he developed tua.

A kid that was called the next Aaron Rodgers before stepping foot on a campus.

So? Jeff Tedford developed Aaron Rodgers. Or does Tedford get no credit? Cutcliffe is consistently credited with Peyton Manning's development. Tua wasn't Aaron Rodgers enough to beat out Hurts when he first got on campus.

LOL.

OP is a fūcking ****?

A4D6C5F1-227E-4EDB-BF1A-1C26B5E7E1CA.gif

DONT BE A FAN LATER

I have never been stabbed, similarly, I shouldn't decide if I dislike it now before I have all the facts and have seen it in action, given it time to change my mind.

I also have never eaten **** before, but probably shouldn't have an opinion on that yet, it may be good after all, I don't know and going on other indicators would make me a bad **** eating fan if I ended up loving it.

Advertisement
Anyone else think its cringe worthy that diaz is the one that tweets homereun hire what a absolute joke this program has become

You're right. As head coach, it's a shame Diaz is trying to sell our program. Who does this guy think he is?

Post less.

Advertisement
Fantastic hire. We aint fuc*in yet but we sure as **** finally in the bedroom with our pants down for the first time in years. **** invigorating to be a Canes fan today, and the good news keeps rolling in. About time we let our balls drop again, finally feel like we have at least someone semi-competent steering this ship. Amazing what a hungry. motivated, and sharp leader can do. I was cold on the 7 hour hire like most sensible people, but Manny is looking the part.

People are enjoying hyping themselves over the “Bama OC” title he’s held for two weeks, even though he’s never called a single play for Saban.

There’s also rampant and furious *********ion due to the fact that Georgia is rumored to have offered, too. That’s fine, but if you look deeper than that at metrics of substance and numbers that quantify his actual output coaching offenses, there isn’t much to get excited about. There isn’t a pattern showing a history of routinely fielding great offenses.

Let’s look at the results. This is a post examining cold hard facts and indisputable numbers — Not one about who’s rumored to be pursuing him, or his job title, but objective stats. Stats Penos can’t escape.

He was the head coach at Central Michigan from 2010-2014. He had full control of that team. He could’ve run any offense he wanted. Here’s what he did:

Total offense:
2010: 49th
2011: 57th
2012: 64th
2013: 110th
2014: 70th

Scoring Offense:
2010: 82nd
2011: 91st
2013: 96th
2014: 81st

So he winds up in Arkansas with that Butthead looking weirdo Belima. Here’s what he does as offensive coordinator:

Total Offenss:
2015: 25th
2016: 54th
2017: 94th

Scoring Offense:
2015: 27th
2016: 57th
2017: 61st

If you look at just his resume alone, he’s a terrible candidate. Not only is he not a fit for the style that best suits us AND the one Manny claimed to want, he has nothing in his history to indicate he’s capable of engineering highly powered and productive offenses. He can’t move the ball. He can’t score.

You throw his resume up against a guy like Fedora’s and he gets absolutely run out of the building. People like him because they hear “Alabama offensive coordinator” and we’re so desperate to be good we’ll like anything, so they build a small fire and grunt around it “hur hur Saban hur hur Bama OC” without delving any further into his past production or style.

Coming back to the facts:

Penos produced ONE respectable offensive unit in SEVEN seasons.

We can post homerun gifs or talk about which coaches wanted him, but when it has come time to put a successful offense on the field, he’s failed to do so 85% of the seasons he’s coached.

And those remain the facts.

I hope he has some late-career revelation that turns him into an offensive savant, but as of now, all he’s proven is that’s he’s a journeyman guy running an offense that seldom produces and is pretty opposite of what Manny said he wanted.

God help us all.
Whatthehell?
Well, go away then.

Advertisement
How is this news to everyone? But that proves my point. Why conceal such a thing?

He normally gets away with it because of the old rep system, and his legion of devoted followers, who, not surprisingly, have begun the bolivia campaign.

Again it says more about us than it does him.

Never took his posts seriously, the few I read.

Had NO idea he was a gator loving fakkit.

People are enjoying hyping themselves over the “Bama OC” title he’s held for two weeks, even though he’s never called a single play for Saban.

There’s also rampant and furious *********ion due to the fact that Georgia is rumored to have offered, too. That’s fine, but if you look deeper than that at metrics of substance and numbers that quantify his actual output coaching offenses, there isn’t much to get excited about. There isn’t a pattern showing a history of routinely fielding great offenses.

Let’s look at the results. This is a post examining cold hard facts and indisputable numbers — Not one about who’s rumored to be pursuing him, or his job title, but objective stats. Stats Penos can’t escape.

He was the head coach at Central Michigan from 2010-2014. He had full control of that team. He could’ve run any offense he wanted. Here’s what he did:

Total offense:
2010: 49th
2011: 57th
2013: 110th
2014: 70th

Scoring Offense:
2010: 82nd
2011: 91st
2013: 96th
2014: 81st

So he winds up in Arkansas with that Butthead looking weirdo Belima. Here’s what he does as offensive coordinator:

Total Offenss:
2015: 25th
2016: 54th
2017: 94th

Scoring Offense:
2015: 27th
2016: 57th
2017: 61st

If you look at just his resume alone, he’s a terrible candidate. Not only is he not a fit for the style that best suits us AND the one Manny claimed to want, he has nothing in his history to indicate he’s capable of engineering highly powered and productive offenses. He can’t move the ball. He can’t score.

You throw his resume up against a guy like Fedora’s and he gets absolutely run out of the building. People like him because they hear “Alabama offensive coordinator” and we’re so desperate to be good we’ll like anything, so they build a small fire and grunt around it “hur hur Saban hur hur Bama OC” without delving any further into his past production or style.

Coming back to the facts:

Penos produced ONE respectable offensive unit in SEVEN seasons.

We can post homerun gifs or talk about which coaches wanted him, but when it has come time to put a successful offense on the field, he’s failed to do so 85% of the seasons he’s coached.

And those remain the facts.

I hope he has some late-career revelation that turns him into an offensive savant, but as of now, all he’s proven is that’s he’s a journeyman guy running an offense that seldom produces and is pretty opposite of what Manny said he wanted.

God help us all.
Soooooo, you’re not happy with the hire?

Advertisement
Whatthehell?
Well, go away then.

Whats more pathetic, having nearly 20,000 posts on a rival school's board? Or the people like @RiDLer80 who rush to defend someone like that? Gotta be a push, everyone gets their bets back.

Again, totally fine that you like the Yankees and the Red Sox. Or Barca and Real Madrid.

OP -- what would the negative nicknames have been for the following had you not like their hiring:

1. Larry Fedora
2. Major Applewhite
3. Bright Wright
4. Graham Harrell

Advertisement
Back