The Sh*t is about to hit the fan for the NCAA

MainLineCane

No More Excuses / Time to win

This will get ugly...and threats aside... this is is not a battle the NCAA will win in the long run.

Preventing someone from benefiting from & controlling their own image will prove to be impossible.

Advertisement
Figured this would end up happening but especially with California leading the path, I actually believe things are going to change.
There's no way in **** a high court will say that just because a school is providing a scholarship, that the athlete can't earn from their performance and image. Them playing the sport for the school is the service they provide in return for the scholarship.
It might get interesting!

Advertisement
Was just about to start a thread on this, but OP beat me to it. California extremists about to start the downfall of the NCAA...I won't shed a tear for the corrupt NCAA...

Let's just see if college football is replaced by something worse ...maybe another unaccountable, bureaucratic federal college sports regulatory agency.

We don't need another swamp entity running college sports...soon they'll have mandated numbers of women playing college football, transexual men dominating college women's track and field and basketball, men and women sharing unisex locker rooms....eventually we'll be looking back with nostalgia for the days of the corrupt NCAA.

Was just about to start a thread on this, but OP beat me to it. California extremists about to start the downfall of the NCAA...I won't shed a tear for the corrupt NCAA...

Let's just see if college football is replaced by something worse ...maybe another unaccountable, bureaucratic federal college sports regulatory agency.

We don't need another swamp entity running college sports...soon they'll have mandated numbers of women playing college football, transexual men dominating college women's track and field and basketball, men and women sharing unisex locker rooms....eventually we'll be looking back with nostalgia for the days of the corrupt NCAA.

That would be my first concern. The NCAA was originally in place to keep a level playing field with the importance of balance throughout all of college sports as a governing body. But as we've seen, since Emmert has been in office, some schools are able to skirt the rules (Bama, LSU, etc...) while others are handled differently then their contemporaries (Miami and USC are glaring examples). I mean for ****'s sake, the NCAA literally paid Nevin's ******* lawyer to try and hammer us.

Advertisement
California ‘extremists’ aside, this is what happens when a governing body without true legal standing fails to handle their business. The NCAA should have seen this coming with the Ed OBannon case. Instead, a bunch of grumpy old men fought to maintain status quo.

Last edited:
And how is that going to play out with the signed contracts with the Big Ten, Pac-12 and the TV networks, the Rose Bowl, and National Championship at the new LA Stadium in 2022.

Advertisement
Advertisement
That would be my first concern. The NCAA was originally in place to keep a level playing field with the importance of balance throughout all of college sports as a governing body. But as we've seen, since Emmert has been in office, some schools are able to skirt the rules (Bama, LSU, etc...) while others are handled differently then their contemporaries (Miami and USC are glaring examples). I mean for ****'s sake, the NCAA literally paid Nevin's ******* lawyer to try and hammer us.
Skirt the rules? You mean **** and take a dump all over them.

All that sounds godawful...but also ALL highly improbable

Doubt they EVER happen ...&...I seriously doubt any sane person will ever miss the NCAA

Advertisement
Back