The Saftey That Wasn't A Safety

Cane4life18

Senior
This should've been a safety on 2 accounts.
1. Travis is tackled in the end zone. The ball is in the end zone.

2. As Wesley is taking down Travis, Travis doesn't have complete possession as you can see in the video below. Travis regains control of the ball while on the ground and Wesley is laying on top of him.....in the END ZONE.

How in the world did the refs miss this. Inexcusable.

We need to leave the ACC expeditiously. No way it isn't intentional the we're officiated by refs.

Advertisement
It’s honestly inexcusable. We have had 3 critical calls go against us this season and all three had video evidence that they should be overturned. Travis 100% loses possession of the ball, and only regains it when he’s clearly down in the endzone.

Miami needs to hold the ACC accountable. Even the commentators are tired of it. And to be fair, that was also targeting on James.

We all know what happened. Everyone in America knows what happened.

Sadly UM's administration is polluted with a bunch of pussies that don't have the fortitude to speak out on such matters. They think they are "classy" and always take the high road, hence the ACC constantly sodomizing us.

Advertisement
Emory had a hit to the head during one of his runs.... no review. but they review an incidental contact on JW
Can’t remember who it was, Fletcher perhaps on his longer run near the end of the game, but the FSU defender literally just clubbed him in the head at the end of the run. Swung his whole arm back and punched him right on top of the helmet and it wasn’t even in the middle of the pile.

Advertisement
Emory had a hit to the head during one of his runs.... no review. but they review an incidental contact on JW

JW’s wasn’t incidental.

He knew exactly where to put the helmet…right under that *****’s jaw.

I’d bet he doesn’t play the next 1st half of the LU game after a review by the league.

1. The safety makes it 10-9 FSU.

2. Free kick puts Miami at least around midfield but with Smith taking the kick 100% certain that Miami starts in FSU territory.

3. Momentum. Anytime defense scores momentum always shifts in football. But with a safety, it’s even greater because defensive team becomes offensive team.

It was a huge call.

Advertisement
1. The safety makes it 10-9 FSU.

2. Free kick puts Miami at least around midfield but with Smith taking the kick 100% certain that Miami starts in FSU territory.

3. Momentum. Anytime defense scores momentum always shifts in football. But with a safety, it’s even greater because defensive team becomes offensive team.

It was a huge call.
And we got the ball to start the second half. That’s 3 potential scoring opportunities

What, if any, is the procedure for contesting calls like this? Does the ACC have a review procedure after the game? The stack of complaints from Miami must be substantial. There is video evidence of these calls. Surely we are documenting this stuff, right?

We need to stop *****ing and crying about coaching and get behind a full on attack on the ACC. Our players have played hard enough this year to see the fans start getting behind them. I have sent email to ACC and I will call the office everyday until I get someone on the phone. I know...I know it probably won't go anywhere but ......... 50k fans doing the same thing might. It's all at our fingertips

Advertisement
Can’t remember who it was, Fletcher perhaps on his longer run near the end of the game, but the FSU defender literally just clubbed him in the head at the end of the run. Swung his whole arm back and punched him right on top of the helmet and it wasn’t even in the middle of the pile.
I noticed that too. I was surprised the announcers didn’t mention it.

But is that a penalty? It wasn’t a facemask or horse collar. I don’t think I’ve ever seen somebody penalized for that, unless it was a quarterback in the pocket.

I might be wrong though.

I noticed that too. I was surprised the announcers didn’t mention it.

But is that a penalty? It wasn’t a facemask or horse collar. I don’t think I’ve ever seen somebody penalized for that, unless it was a quarterback in the pocket.

I might be wrong though.
IDK if I’ve ever even seen anyone actually do that to someone so blatantly haha

We all know what happened. Everyone in America knows what happened.

Sadly UM's administration is polluted with a bunch of pussies that don't have the fortitude to speak out on such matters. They think they are "classy" and always take the high road, hence the ACC constantly sodomizing us.
They either don't understand or don't care to understand, the only way to fix the issue is to raise **** every week about this.

Advertisement
Back