The Rock

The Rocks, weight training routine is one of the toughest I've ever seen not many could with stand the power and intensity the rest between sets maybe a 30 second count MAX .

The Rock is one powerful DUDE any room he walks into he turns people heads in WOW......BELIEVE IT.

GOCNAES

Advertisement
Wooooaaahh. Hold on. You can talk about messing with Dusty, because Vince did (at least pretty clearly seem to) do that on purpose, but the Goldust character was incredible when it started.

I was like ten and had no idea what to make of it, but matching Dustin’s natural talent with that absurdity of character was genius. Like one in a thousand people could have pulled that off, and he picked the absolute right guy. Twenty years later and the character is still over.

It's similar to the Undertaker. Only one guy could have pulled that off. Vince has been behind some AWFUL gimmicks over the years. Whether it was the Red Rooster, Doink(Even though M. Borne made it work, it was a garbage gimmick) or Isaac Yankem DDS, McMahon has signed off on garbage. The sad part is that he won the war because WCW was so poorly managed by a collection of idiots for a decade. There's a reason why wrestling is less popular than ever on a mainstream basis, and it's because of McMahon's "Booking" and the over-reliance on comedy garbage, instead of well structured storylines. When the only people you can consistently get over is legends, and the occasional indy darlings, it's a sign that your creative team blows.

Wahoo was a bad man. No joke. So was Haku, maybe more so as he was more skilled, while being just as tough.

Rick Rude would fight anyone and RVD was the real deal. Just ask Tazz.

But nobody wanted any piece of New Jack.

People forget that Wahoo was a legit athlete in his day. Dude was a beast in football, was a **** good golfer(Lee Trevino loved playing with him, has stated that Wahoo could have played on tour if he put his mind to it). Haku is just a straight beast of a man that didn't give a **** about hurting someone if he got ****ed. Wahoo actually gave a **** about hurting people, that's a liability in a straight street fight.

It's similar to the Undertaker. Only one guy could have pulled that off. Vince has been behind some AWFUL gimmicks over the years. Whether it was the Red Rooster, Doink(Even though M. Borne made it work, it was a garbage gimmick) or Isaac Yankem DDS, McMahon has signed off on garbage. The sad part is that he won the war because WCW was so poorly managed by a collection of idiots for a decade. There's a reason why wrestling is less popular than ever on a mainstream basis, and it's because of McMahon's "Booking" and the over-reliance on comedy garbage, instead of well structured storylines. When the only people you can consistently get over is legends, and the occasional indy darlings, it's a sign that your creative team blows.
Wrestling is so different now because of the massive popularity that Vince helped to create. Without him, there is no 90s revolution of wrestling. Without him, the Indy/small TV promotion scene now isn’t nearly thriving as much as it does now in this country and around the world. He might come up with dumb ideas all the time, but his best ones built the modern industry.

Plus, he himself is the greatest character in the history of professional wrestling, and his ability to be hated so passionately helped build the second greatest, stone cold. So you have to take that into account when you question his genius.

Jack is just crazy. Haku is the same way, but at least he isn't a ******. Rude was a club bouncer, thats where he learned to brawl. Hercules Hernandez was a brawler too. That dude used to beat up entire bars back in his Mid South days.
Scott Hall was a bouncer too, and actually killed a guy.

Advertisement
The picture of the Rock in the Virginia shirt reminded me of the sad ending of the OB in '07. For all that were in attendance probably remember (if you haven't blocked that day out of your memory) that the Rock gave the intro speech that got the crowd going nutz! Then we proceeded to get destroyed by repeated TE passes to the flat (or screens or whatever they did every play).

Also, I think we were down 7-0 at the time (or maybe 14-0), but we had a defensive scoop and score that was called back on a flag I believe. Coulda woulda shoulda!

GO CANES!
Josh

Yeah I’m not gonna forget that night but for all the wrong reasons obviously. Really put into question Randy Shannon after only his first year. Unable to defend a tight end out of the flat, is as totally pathetic as it can get.

We kept yelling from the stands “here it comes here it comes”, and we still couldn’t defend it. Everybody in the stands had that play diagnosed except the actual fūcking coaches on the field.

I think they actually ran that play about 10 times or more, from the same formation, and we still couldn’t defend it. The whole night was an embarrassment. Should’ve known then that Randy wasn’t the guy.

should be a thread where we identify all the gator scums on SFL radio

i got Amber wilson, zach krantz, crowder, lebatard

the basketball heat fanatic as well is a uf guy...zaslow.

we literally only have Mike Ryan and Hochman...because i dont consider Le Batard a cane.

Crowder is the best of the bunch actually..he keeps it real for the most part.

Advertisement
Back