The Return of George

Advertisement
He's so fluid in his routes, I think he's going to ball out against Texas A & M. Kind of like rooster did vs UVA last year after sitting out and watching the flow of the game/offense.

Omg. You with 70+ post know that TVD doesn't trust his receivers. And you knowledge is based on your insight into the program?
Some of the posts on here make my head hurt they are so ignorant from posters with 10k posts, quantity doesn't always equal quality friend. Furthermore, I don't think it's far fetched to deduce that TVD may not have the utmost trust in his outside receivers, look at how often he looks for X in the middle of the field.

Advertisement
What’s wrong with Restrepo back there? He’s been reliable so far.
Restrepo I am not worried about although he had a couple unsteady moments last year. It’s TS I am worried about. He doesn’t look natural catching the punt. He almost coughed one up last game. George is our most natural punt catcher.

Restrepo I am not worried about although he had a couple unsteady moments last year. It’s TS I am worried about. He doesn’t look natural catching the punt. He almost coughed one up last game. George is our most natural punt catcher.
That jump punt return thing was weird lol

I'd keep Restrepo back there for now. I'll take the fair catches.

Advertisement
Can he block?

Miami's run 91 running plays to just 55 pass attempts.
When you blow out teams that's usually what happens. Also TVD threw 30 passes v Southern Miss. We're we supposed to throw 50 V BCC? Can yall please make these statements make sense.

I was yelling at the TV when he didn't hit Keyshawn

Funny how if TVD hits that play, I bet some of these cats change their tune about the offense not being explosive, etc.

I'm chalking it up to him being off on Saturday and lethargic just like a fair amount of guys were. Here's to him being locked in for the biggest game of his college career come 9/17, Gattis knows what he's doing, would be stupid to give up on him after 2 games vs. significantly inferior competition.

When you blow out teams that's usually what happens. Also TVD threw 30 passes v Southern Miss. We're we supposed to throw 50 V BCC? Can yall please make these statements make sense.
Are you really denying that we're a run-first team?

Advertisement
U ain't said anything about run first. You trying to make it sound we are being coached by Paul Johnson. Dishonest like a politician.
Thought I made a valid comparison with Georgia and Stetson Bennet. They've played in 2 blowouts but are a throw-first team with their Heisman-caliber QB. Mario has been transparent about what he wants us to be on offense. Many don't agree with the philosophy but pinning our run/pass disparity on the scoreboard is what's dishonest imo.

Advertisement
Truthfully, for all the camp talk, our WRs have been better than expected. We knew, before the season, we didn't have a Andre Johnson in that room. So, hopefully, our coaches figure a way to get these guys the ball. X is eating. It was nice to see K.Smith score on a flea flicker. Hopefully, we can see our TEs (Arroyo) involved alot more.
I agree with this. TVD looks uncomfortable, as has been duly noted throughout the board. I don’t recall seeing any blasphemous drops a-la Pope/Higgins. Redding has looked solid. X obviously.

Would love to see some post routes this weekend, TVD always seemed to like those last yr

Advertisement
Back