The Return of George

George will help a lot later in the season as he is a smooth route runner and TvD is not fully trusting the outside receivers. Run game good, slot WR and TE will be good, just need a few outside dudes to step up as we knew going into the year.
Omg. You with 70+ post know that TVD doesn't trust his receivers. And you knowledge is based on your insight into the program?

Advertisement
He did that alot last year. Go watch alot of his big plays, never scanned the field because it was the right read pre snap and they came against alot of bum teams. And also they were simple reads. Teams have film on him from last year and he is not cycling through his progression. Even the pick, he had plenty of time to come off that WR and he didn't. If he doesn't improve, they won't have no problem going to Jake. I'm really high on dude but I'm at the game watching all 22. Not giving up on him by a long stretch but yall blaming Gattis for stuff the QB is doing.

Also people told yall they were force feeding Rambo last year, this might be a consequence of that and he seem to be looking for X alot. He needs to look.for his outside WR when they teams are crowding the box and the middle.
He was lighting up Pitt and NCSU who are apparently “bum teams” but the all powerful Southern Miss defense was able to keep him in check? Gotcha.

Hopefully the offense diversifies a bit and Van Dyke can start seeing the guys running open downfield more often.

I thought "guys were running open all game long"?
They were. There was no “separation” problems on Saturday. There were a handful of plays were they just had good coverage but on a majority of the pass attempts there were open receivers. Even on plays that worked out for us, there were options open for bigger gains.

He did that alot last year. Go watch alot of his big plays, never scanned the field because it was the right read pre snap and they came against alot of bum teams. And also they were simple reads. Teams have film on him from last year and he is not cycling through his progression. Even the pick, he had plenty of time to come off that WR and he didn't. If he doesn't improve, they won't have no problem going to Jake. I'm really high on dude but I'm at the game watching all 22. Not giving up on him by a long stretch but yall blaming Gattis for stuff the QB is doing.

Also people told yall they were force feeding Rambo last year, this might be a consequence of that and he seem to be looking for X alot. He needs to look.for his outside WR when they teams are crowding the box and the middle.

I know you said you're not giving up on him, but in what world does that even need to be said? We've played 2 games, one a high school scrimmage, one a sleepy noon game with the biggest game we've played in a year looming over it. I'm not in the excuse making business, but the kid is completing 74% of his passes on the season, we're played 2 games and are outscoring our opponents 100-20, and we have to say out loud that we're not giving up on him?

He's completing a higher percentage of his passes for more yards per attempt than Bryce Young. How many Bama fans are giving up on him?

He had one "bad" half. I think he was 8/9 in the 2nd half last week and we outscored them 20-0, and he threw the ball 1 time in the final 10 minutes of the game.

Advertisement
How do you know where the play is designed to go? TVD is playing iffy, which coach is telling man don't throw the ball down field to a open WR? He was the one locking on to players and not scanning the field.
Exactly, and he admitted as much, that he wasnt feeling comfortable and was locking in on 1st receivers. He had an off game, but we know he is capable. People are pressing the panic button way too early.

Pretty evident to me that TVD isn't comfortable yet in this offense. It takes time. Last year, the ball was coming out as soon as he hit his back foot. This year, much more hitching in the pocket, shuffling, throwing off-platform. He'll get there. It just takes a few weeks.

Remember, last year was his first year playing. However, when he got the job after King got hurt, he was essentially a year and a half in with Lashlee. He was here in 2020 the whole season, learning. And more of the same in the first 4 games in 2021. When he got his chance, he knew the offense forwards and backwards. To me, he's clearly not yet comfortable only 2 games in with Gattis. I fully expect that to improve over the course of the season.

Rhett Lashlee was hired 1/3/20. Tyler Van Dyke enrolled at Miami 1/13/20. What we saw last year was 21-22 months in the making. He's only known Gattis for 7 months, and I don't think the spring was incredibly helpful, considering how many guys we had out and the fact that Gattis was barely here a month before it started.
This.

I can't believe how overlooked this is. As he gets comfortable he will recognize his reads and the game will speed up.

Everyone expects instant gratification.

Advertisement
The Jeffersons Dancing GIF

The more weapons available the better.

Advertisement
Truthfully, for all the camp talk, our WRs have been better than expected. We knew, before the season, we didn't have a Andre Johnson in that room. So, hopefully, our coaches figure a way to get these guys the ball. X is eating. It was nice to see K.Smith score on a flea flicker. Hopefully, we can see our TEs (Arroyo) involved alot more.
First test is this week imo. Texas A&M Defense as a whole is a different animal. That secondary is physical. We still need someone to step up on the outside imo. Especially in this game. Ladson, smith, Redding or brinson need to bring it

Advertisement
Truthfully, for all the camp talk, our WRs have been better than expected. We knew, before the season, we didn't have a Andre Johnson in that room. So, hopefully, our coaches figure a way to get these guys the ball. X is eating. It was nice to see K.Smith score on a flea flicker. Hopefully, we can see our TEs (Arroyo) involved alot more.
Totally agree. Funny how everyone was worried about how the TEs would get all the action and our WRs wouldn't and now the opposite is happening. Hopefully its just a produce of our holding back for the bigger games on some calls. Although, i think Arroyo needs to play more over Mallory

They haven't lost us a game yet and they are caching most of what is coming their way.

Agree. Really hope Mallory awakens from his slumber.

Advertisement
Back