The real story

• Thread starter Deleted member 25719
  • Start date
It's about time for my annual donation to the university. I'm thinking that "For Manny's buyout" should go in the memo field.
Yea, that stopped years ago for me. If I want to waste money, I can do plenty of things at my own discretion. Now with a baby, it is going in her 529 plan and no where near Blake James or Julio Frenk to **** away.

Advertisement
Yea, that stopped years ago for me. If I want to waste money, I can do plenty of things at my own discretion. Now with a baby, it is going in her 529 plan and no where near Blake James or Julio Frenk to **** away.
I understand why others feel that way, but the university helped me out when I needed it to finish my education. I'll repay that kindness as long as I'm able to.

Some things have to stay within the family. My source who would have been part of the solution and I think that has been proven here multiple times. Believe what you choose to believe, my guys know what they are talking about. Spurrier and my relative who both won a prestigious trophy, talked at halftime of the Gates game last night and Steve said “that is the worst effort I’ve seen at any level in my life,” I’m the same guy that got mocked here because I praised Ohio State and Bama for their PROGRAM S. We can only wish.
Bro, you constantly blow up the full of **** meter....

I understand why others feel that way, but the university helped me out when I needed it to finish my education. I'll repay that kindness as long as I'm able to.
All these guys who act emotionally spent over a football game have probably never set foot on campus....

Advertisement
People have been saying this since the day it happened but the slurpers attack them.
Oooh. The slurpers attacked them.....
Major League Baseball Dancing GIF by MLB

I get it. Ironically, Boston College is that school for me, though I don’t have a degree from there. After Katrina they took me in for the semester when Tulane was closed, and will always be indebted to them for that.

For my story and experiences, of the three schools that I attended, Miami by far did the least to help in my career. I’d give to the athletic department again if and when James leaves, but that’s about it.

Advertisement
We are stuck with flake at least one more year. Have to hope and pray Zo or similar plan will begin end of next year, that’s all there is to it.

only at UM: ineptitude, first time head coach gets 3 years. Going to be a long 12 months, but compared to 20 years this is easy work.

ND is basically larger than every public university if you consider the fan base as the nations Catholic university on top of having its own television deal. They also spend 2x what Miami spends.

If they make it this year that will be 2x in 10 years which is about what I said was the original expectation for Miami .... catch lightning in a bottle every 5 years or so.
Well, I think we have close to 3k more in undergrad population than ND so if you want to limit the universe of private schools to include some random variables next time might be good to lay them out In adVance...

Advertisement
Some things have to stay within the family. My source who would have been part of the solution and I think that has been proven here multiple times. Believe what you choose to believe, my guys know what they are talking about. Spurrier and my relative who both won a prestigious trophy, talked at halftime of the Gates game last night and Steve said “that is the worst effort I’ve seen at any level in my life,” I’m the same guy that got mocked here because I praised Ohio State and Bama for their PROGRAM S. We can only wish.
Tell your relative to tell Spurrier that Tom Osborne remembers a similar effort from the Crocs when they couldn’t stop Nebraska’s ground game in the BCS title game.

Tell your relative to tell Spurrier that Tom Osborne remembers a similar effort from the Crocs when they couldn’t stop Nebraska’s ground game in the BCS title game.
Spurrier is a douche bag. Anyone who quotes him is completely laughable....

Advertisement
Well, I think we have close to 3k more in undergrad population than ND so if you want to limit the universe of private schools to include some random variables next time might be good to lay them out In adVance...
You got me.

Notre Dame has a $13B endowment and Miami's is $1B.

Notre Dame football revenue was $110M last year and Miami's was $40M.

ND and Miami are very similar private universities right?

The myth is this Miami has money garbage.

The University and the Athletic Department are two separately run businesses. The University essentially does not contribute to the football program. Its the other way around. The football program pays UM 85x the cost of tuition. That is the extent of the financial relationship.

The football program (and all sports) are an autonomous business. The revenues generated by the sports business determines what can be spent.

The revenues at Miami are 1/2 of that of Bama/UGA/Ohio State/etc which means we have 1/2 as much to spend on our sports teams.

Can we hire a great young coach and can we make our money go further by being smart about who is hired? Yes.

Is it going to make up for a $40-70M difference in spending .... not likely and certainly not for any sustained period of time.

If the NFL had no salary cap would Bill Belichek be considered a genius if the Pats spent 1/2 as much as the top 10 teams in the league? Maybe for a while but not long term. Basically NCAAF is like MLB. The Rays or Marlins can be a top team every once in a while but the Dodgers/Yankees are a top team every single year.
Your talking players salaries versus paying a guy to see how many penalties the other team had on 3rd and ling.

Advertisement
Back