The real story behind ‘scary’ Aussie that has the US losing its mind

Advertisement
* Newly signed JUCO punter Louis Hedley, an Australian, primarily has used a running rugby punting style, and he’s working now on perfecting the standard style of NFL punters.

Patke said Hedley could punt using both formats at UM.

“In his drill tape his coaches are working with him on both, and I’ve got to talk with one of his coaches (in Australia) and he said half the day he’s working traditional and half the day he can rugby,” Patke said. “He’s got a gift. We’re going to use his gift and hopefully he excels here at the University of Miami and takes it to the next level.

I could see a line of guys going in to see Hedley to have their tats done or finished.

Advertisement
Inspirational story, but why we downplaying his “scary”?

**** that. When people ask me about him I’m gonna tell them he killed people while working on scaffolding in the Australian desert, fled to Bali to avoid jail, and originally started punting the heads of those that crossed him and intends on keeping that up by using the heads of those unfortunate souls that make the mistake of trying to return his punts for practice.
He killed, with his bare hands, the stingray that killed Steve Irwin.

He’ll be the first punter penalized for unnessary roughness while kicking.
Joining the Miami lore of having the only mascot ever penalized and the only RB ever penalized for unnessary roughness while running the ball

Advertisement

Advertisement
Ok. Listen up.

Our man Louie da Kangaroo has a tattoo on his scalp.

"...The most painful of Hedley's tattoos? That one's on his scalp. It's of a panther with arrows going through its head and a hand holding the world..."

He has sharks with frickin laser beam on their heads in his aquarium. He owns a Komodo Dragon named Fluffy.

He is absolutely going to get flagged for unnecessary roughnesss or targeting on a punt return LB. He might even get flagged for attacking every opposing player on the field, at the same time.

Louie going to strut his stuff like a boss.

I, too, am excited about the possibilities and hope he lives up to the crazy hype.

But, last night I dreamed that Hedley's first punt of the season went for 1.97 yards. TIFWIW.

Advertisement
Back