The Quarterback Breakdown: Tyler Van Dyke

Advertisement
Good looking arm, but he doesn't look incredibly mobile or fast in a high school film, he will have to build on both, and I hope he does.

Advertisement
I hate to see him in the shotgun, coming here he will have to go back under center and turn his back to the defense. After him watching Miami this year he must have been promised that either Enos will change schemes or we are getting a new OC or no way he would have signed,

Your time is coming too.
tenor.gif

Advertisement
Can TVD's OC replace Enos? At the very least maybe he could be the Joe Brady to Enos's Ensminger. Also Diaz needs to pull Bubba Baxa's scholly and give it to that kid who decapitated the defender. Need a terror on special teams.
As long as Baxa is putting kickoffs in the endzone, he needs to be here.

Disagree.

There's a guy I'm watching right now that got drafted in the first round last year....from Duke.
Duke '18 ranked #53 in passing ypg and #75 in qbr.
Miami '19 ranked #41 in passing ypg and #52 in qbr.

One of the best QB's in the league right now was drafted out of Wisconsin.
That year they ranked 61st in passing.

If you're that good, the league finds you.

Per Wikipedia: Eight quarterbacks whom Cutcliffe coached in college have gone on to play in the NFL: Heath Shuler, Peyton Manning, Tee Martin, Eli Manning, Erik Ainge, Thaddeus Lewis, Sean Renfree, and Daniel Jones.

TVD would have been better off going to Duke and getting actual coaching.

Per Wikipedia: Eight quarterbacks whom Cutcliffe coached in college have gone on to play in the NFL: Heath Shuler, Peyton Manning, Tee Martin, Eli Manning, Erik Ainge, Thaddeus Lewis, Sean Renfree, and Daniel Jones.

TVD would have been better off going to Duke and getting actual coaching.

You make a great point with Cutcliffe, but only Jones is currently on an NFL team
(I'll refrain from any comments on Cutcliffe putting the Manning brothers in the league).
Enos has one as well, and will have 2 QB's drafted in a few months, which will be 3 QB's in the League on an NFL roster that he has coached.

Before this gets sidetracked, this is just a response to your comment.
I do not want Enos here next year.

Advertisement
Great Roman. Really enjoyed that. I have a question. Obviously when people look at QBs it is about the passing game but is there any way to evaluate a QB's impact on the run game other than a good passing game can help the run? His hand offs, fakes, pitches or anything else? I grew up watching Griese and he was masterful with his ball handling. We don't seem to be able to run worth a crap any more. I keep think it is because we are in the gun so much whereas in the old day it was everything under center. I know this kid has played under center. Any thoughts on his impact on run game.

Great Roman. Really enjoyed that. I have a question. Obviously when people look at QBs it is about the passing game but is there any way to evaluate a QB's impact on the run game other than a good passing game can help the run? His hand offs, fakes, pitches or anything else? I grew up watching Griese and he was masterful with his ball handling. We don't seem to be able to run worth a crap any more. I keep think it is because we are in the gun so much whereas in the old day it was everything under center. I know this kid has played under center. Any thoughts on his impact on run game.

I put that category under ball handling. The ability to ball fake etc. I recall him being a very efficient ball handler under center in last year's offense. Harder to judge this year because your traditional back turned to the defense ball fakes were replaced with More shotgun face forward this year.

He did have a couple mind you and they were fine. I actually checked to see if the defense got sucked up and it was marginal. (Not because of him but defenses were read keying his offensive line-OC pass blocked with no real read buster ideology)

Honestly biggest impact on the run game will be on the OC to fix. 1) need to consider tempo 2) need to create more horizontal pressure which equals more space for running lanes and more chances to run.

In TVD film alone I noticed the Suffield OC putting 3 wide receivers out side the hash in a 3x1 set.
They had 5 designated dbs no where close in run support and TVD had easy time running the ball.

I will say this politely. When enos says systems don't win championships? Suffield academy changed theirs from one year to the next. 9-0. Lsu changed theirs. You see where I'm going?

You want to fix the run game here? Get enos and Barry out of here and it'll do just fine.

Advertisement
I put that category under ball handling. The ability to ball fake etc. I recall him being a very efficient ball handler under center in last year's offense. Harder to judge this year because your traditional back turned to the defense ball fakes were replaced with More shotgun face forward this year.

He did have a couple mind you and they were fine. I actually checked to see if the defense got sucked up and it was marginal. (Not because of him but defenses were read keying his offensive line-OC pass blocked with no real read buster ideology)

Honestly biggest impact on the run game will be on the OC to fix. 1) need to consider tempo 2) need to create more horizontal pressure which equals more space for running lanes and more chances to run.

In TVD film alone I noticed the Suffield OC putting 3 wide receivers out side the hash in a 3x1 set.
They had 5 designated dbs no where close in run support and TVD had easy time running the ball.

I will say this politely. When enos says systems don't win championships? Suffield academy changed theirs from one year to the next. 9-0. Lsu changed theirs. You see where I'm going?

You want to fix the run game here? Get enos and Barry out of here and it'll do just fine.
Thanks Roman. I like our old style offense but am desperate enough to try anything. This kid looks good. Classic size but with some wheels -- wheels are something we can't seem to get on a QB: Rosier was the best runner I remember. I don't know if TVD is the answer but "the answer" isn't on the team right now. If he doesn't bet current crop out for starting QB, Manny might be gone before this time next year. By the way, you have excellent voice, please do move of these type "write ups". Been reading 8 to10 hours a day most of my life; listening is a wonderful change.

I Like his talent and film but we will see what he does in practice come spring ball. Not anointing anyone and won’t put unrealistic expectations on the kid in year 1.

Then you’re in the wrong place.... CIS is the official home of overhype em up and tear em down of Miami Hurricane Football

Advertisement
Back