The program is DEAD and never coming back

Advertisement
This is where we're at. All anyone cares about is the result. They don't care how much money has to get funneled to players through illegal means. They don't care how much other aspects of a university have to be neglected in order to please the players. All they care about is winning.

There are only a few universities willing to sell their souls like that. The rest of us can strive to be at the top of tier 2.

This is where we're at. All anyone cares about is the result. They don't care how much money has to get funneled to players through illegal means. They don't care how much other aspects of a university have to be neglected in order to please the players. All they care about is winning.

There are only a few universities willing to sell their souls like that. The rest of us can strive to be at the top of tier 2.
This made me think about the issues at Clemson. I believe they were about to cut women's swimming or women's track and field, and the girls filed a lawsuit. Well in the initial filing, it was mentioned how all the football players are given dodge challengers or chargers. Needless to say, Clemson quickly settled the matter out of court.

Listen, the Dukes and Idaho’s of the world have had fans forever. You think Kansas fans are expecting National titles? That’s who we are now. We’re fans of a mid-tier program who will never win big again. We can have fun in our rivalry against FSU and watch the big boys on ABC at night

Advertisement
yea we shoulda beat Bama wtf bro

Not beat them bro, but competed w/ them. I think we’re better than UF, yet we played right into their hand on both sides of the ball. ABC put up a graphic where Young absolutely torched us blitzing him, yet he was pretty pedestrian when we rushed four & played coverage. I said, ‘cool, let’s stop blitzing this jit & play sound football.’ Nope, Diaz kept blitzing & Young kept torching.

On offense, for some inexplicable reason, for 24 mins, we bottled ourselves up by running Cam when Cam couldn’t do chit. And Mallory? Ghost, not used at all. Then when we finally started to get some movement, we’ll…we decided to gift a disorganized Bama DL on the 1 yrd line, by doing a QB sneak from SG v. getting up to the L.O.S and bull dozing in.

See, those r the things that have me, I can’t speak for the rest on here, but have me ****ed off. It’s not the L, it’s how that L was acquired.

We don’t need to sell our soul to win The Coastal bro. That’s just facts.

Advertisement
We don’t need to sell our soul to win The Coastal bro. That’s just facts.
Of course not, but people here are talking about being in the top 5.

Our underachievement in our conference is a completely different story. There is no excuse not to be in the ACCCG this year. Not one.

Program is so dead. No coming back. But I will root for it like it’s my last breath

This is a 8-4 9-3 team for the rest of eternity. Anyone that tells you differently lives in another universe.

it’s a canes thing you wouldn’t understand is getting harder and harder to live by as the years go on. Go canes
You mean troll to your last breath. Cause thats all you have done since I can remember.

I'm pretty apathetic to the whole thing.

Same here....I gave my car a nice detail yesterday and I feel good.
Many years ago, a Canes' loss would shut down my weekend.
I'm over that.
Same with the recruiting drama, only follow that nonsense when it's a few days before NLOI day.
Time to buy some bourbon today and get the grill ready.

Advertisement
Parity, parity, parity, parity.

I’ve been hearing parity for a while. The fact is, CFB has never been a sport of parity. It has always been the haves & the have nots. Parity is defined as the state or condition of being equal. Well, the fact is, there has never been equals in CFB.

Brothers & Sisters, I would admonish u to go back to the beginning of CFB all the way back to 1869. U will find in every single decade, there were only one to two teams that dominated that decade & u would have a team sprinkled in here or there that would win. I’m talking from Princeton, to Yale, Harvard, Michigan, Minnesota, Bama, ND, Oklahoma, SC, OSU, Nebraska, Bama, Miami.

Truth be told, we didn’t really start having parity or the perception of it from 2002 - 2008. If anything that was the anomaly. Seriously, go see how teams were racking up 4-5 titles per decade &/or playing for it, since the inception of CFB.

Listen, call me a mope, I don’t give a Fck; I live in reality. When I see Bama, I see part admiration, part envy, and part hatred. Bama was a suck *** program from 94 - 2006. I’m talking scandals & all that. They did something about it; they hired a former Nat’l Championship coach, 4 yrs removed from his last championship to ride the wave, and said “here’s the check book, whatever u want.” I like that mentality. It makes me envious of that type of mentality. And I hate what Bama has become, BECAUSE of what I see HERE.

We’ve been a middling program from 2005-current. We had not one, not two, not three, but FOUR opportunities to right this ship before it went way, way off course. I can’t blame Bama for us hiring Randy Shannon. On December 8, 2006, we hired Randy Shannon. On November 27, 2006, Alabama hired Nick Saban, yet Saban was in our backyard, coaching at the football stadium we would call home.

Man, miss me w/ the parity chit. We created this paradigm shift. We did this. This is our punishment for incompetence. As a fan, I want to win National titles, but folks give me some ACCCG’s. Give me some NY6 games. Give us something to build upon to show we r moving in the right direction.

There has never been parity, and we willingly gave up our seat at the table. Those r the harsh realities.

My G, you know you're my guy, and I respect what you have to say, but this whole notion that there's never been parity in CFB, and the administration & HC deserve 100% of the blame for MIA being mired in mediocrity is just categorically false & ridiculous.

While you are partially correct when you say CFB has always been stratified, the issue is the hyper-stratification that we see today is unsustainable & undermines the integrity of the sport. Since it's inception the CFP playoffs have had the same 4 teams account for 20 of the 28 playoff spots, and only ND & LSU have either gotten multiple invites or won a NC.

It's very important for you & other fans to understand that without parity, there wouldn't even be a university of MIA football program.
Prior to the landmark supreme court ruling in NCAA v. Board of Regents of the University of Oklahoma, 468 U.S. 85 (1984), the NCAA controlled how many times each school could appear on national TV. This resulted in only a few of the most powerful schools getting national TV exposure. Ironically, it was the big schools who sued the NCAA, as they wanted ALL of their games on TV. The biggest winner in this ruling wasn't OU, but the non-blue blood schools, who suddenly had the same access to national media exposure. In the wake of the decision and the resulting TV contracts, we were ushered into the most extreme era of parity and non-blue bloods winning titles in the history of the sport. It's not a coincidence, that MIA finally ascended to being a relevant national program, and achieved it's greatest success in its history during this era. But besides MIA, other non-blue blood programs also won NC's during this era. Programs like BYU, Colorado, and Washington respectively. That type of feat occurring in today's CFB landscape, is virtually impossible. The explosion in revenue that followed, ensured this era of parity in CFB was destined to be short lived, as it helped to fuel the current arms race in CFB. Unfortunately, that is a race this university will ALWAYS be ill-equipped to win.

We can talk about the questionable hiring decisions this program has made in the last 20 yrs, but the bottomline is when you are forced to operate behind these sort of budget constraints, making the "right" hire becomes infinitely more difficult. Shannon & Golden were 2 of the lowest paid HCs in P5. This program was literally the last program in P5 to get an indoor practice facility, though it needed it more than anyone. You love to bring up recruiting rankings, to underscore the pt this program has underachieved relative to it's talent, but as I've tried to explain to you numerous times, in this sport the biggest determining factor for success is not talent. It's resource allocation. That's why programs like Iowa, Wisconsin, Iowa St, Michigan St, & Baylor have all been nationally relevant, despite recruiting outside of the 30's. This program's recruiting base only becomes relevant if there's a coach who can properly evaluate & assess the talent. Otherwise, all we have is raw talent, that needs a lot of work. In the end, this program has been a middle of the road ACC program for the last 20 yrs, because it has SPENT like a middle of the road ACC program. Those are the realities, & facts, we need to start focusing on.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Native American Crying GIF

As long as you keep hiring sons of corrupt Miami politicians with no experience as head coaches, this will continue...tried to tell you this and got negged for it. But I want national championships and others are just happy to have one their "own."
If he's a corrupt politician, then I would at least expect him to understand how to work the system a little better. Nobody is going to tell me that teams like Bama, Clemson (Miami back in the day) are as good as they are for as long as they are and playing by the rules.

Advertisement
Back