The program is DEAD and never coming back

Advertisement
You have a clueless President, an under-qualified AD who has no business running a major program, and a BOT who does not give a **** about winning. We're all delusional and sick in the head for tuning in every year and thinking it's just magically going to click one year

Convince me otherwise
I’m not gonna even try, after watching you carry on *****ing, moaning, and crying these past several years. Miami’s performance on the field has me aligning with you. That is truly messed up.

You have a clueless President, an under-qualified AD who has no business running a major program, and a BOT who does not give a **** about winning. We're all delusional and sick in the head for tuning in every year and thinking it's just magically going to click one year

Convince me otherwise
Same thread different year....OP will comeback next year and say the same ****..

Advertisement
It’s almost sad to read the hype commentary. By the numbers prior to the Alabama game???? By the numbers Miami has to beg guys that would sit for Alabama to play for the Canes. Very few top players come even though they can succeed here and make the NFL. Why is that? Why can players come here, start way quicker than Alabama, make the NFL and still choose Alabama? Maybe it’s because they want to win. I’m not 100% but I am 100% this team has not believed in themselves or had heart in close to 20 years. It’s 100% dead upon arrival

Where’s that poster with the avatar of him wearing a Canes jacket standing backwards? That guy has donated so much money to the U, he could practically pick our next coach.

Advertisement
Lost control under Coker. We had a shot under Shannon still. Kids wanted to be canes still. The talent still wanted to be at Miami until they saw the schools commitment to football with Shannon. Shannon had a STUD team (like Coker) but was a complete embarrassment nationally. So yeah it started under Coker. Regardless that’s the time period of the death of Miami football. It’s over now unless they spend some serious $ then maybe but that’s not going to happen. They’re 3-4 tiers behind them in $

Appreciate the response, however I have some questions for you?

1. You said I love to focus on recruiting rankings, however don’t we consult recruiting rankings to establish the talent that teams have? How else can we gage that?

2. Budget constraints; how do we know about our budget constraints? Do anyone know what we’re operating w/, b/c since we’re a private institution, you can’t find our operating budget.

-So after Shannon went 5-7, and 7-5 in 2 yrs, did our “budget constraint” cause us to extend him for another 4 yrs w/ a pay raise? Did a budget constraint force this admin to hire the same DC who’s players were swinging helmets on FIU players, and was apart of embarrassing period, in our history?

OK, F it…did the budget constraint cause this admin to completely gloss over the sub 500 record of a G5 coach to lead its program? Did the budget constraint force us to up Golden’s pay & give him a 4 yr extension after mediocrity, oh…and announced this “massive contract extension” (per the Orlando Sentinel) in the 4th qtr during the BC game while we were trailing 24-14??

Did our broke little school cause us to give Richt his biggest pay day & allow him to hire his son?

Did our financial constraints handcuff us, forcing us to shell out $7m to retain a DC that was apart of dysfunctional locker room to be it’s new HC?

Now, back to the CFP & parity. The only thing the CFP did was highlight what was already around, the Have & The Have Nots. Why? B/c it’s only 4 teams that’s focused on. Yesteryear, National Championships were either subjective by The AP & Coaches, or a Computer (BCS). Prior to that, u had the “claimed & unclaimed” era. So yes, u would get an occasional GT, Colorado, or BYU to win the title b/c if they were the only undefeated team, why not? Then u had a time where Nat’l titles were split. But at the end of the day, the emphasis is on “occasional.”

The point of this exercise is to show u what’s happening today was no different than yesterday. The problem is yesterday, a team could go undefeated in a conference not worth a **** or be independent & be in consideration for a National Title b/c of how voting went. Today, there’s no subjugation to that method. So again, the problem isn’t the CFP or CFB.

Let me preface everything that I'm about to say, with please don't take anything I say personal, I respect you as a poster, and there are many times we are in agreement. I am just trying to have an honest discussion with you, so we both can become more informed about this situation.

My G, no offense, but you're just making stuff up, in order to fit your narrative, while in the process completely missing the forest for the trees.

1.) I'm saying recruiting rankings are only relevant, if they coexist with proper infrastructure, and talent evaluation & development. You're narrowly only focusing on the talent acquisition part of the equation. An example is Tracy Howard. You're of the impression that if Tracy Howard went to Bama, he would've been an all-american, and eventually a 1st rd draft pick. Which is ridiculous

2.) All of the pertinent information is readily available, if you're actually willing to do the research, instead of spreading misinformation, and railing incessantly against the administration & HC, on a daily basis. I know the information may not align with your false narrative, but it will definitely help you to understand this issue better. I can promise you that. Fyi, disclosing annual university athletic department figures is mandated by the U.S. Department of Education and its Equity in Athletics Data Analysis (EADA) arm.

3.) Again, both Shannon & Golden were 2 of the lowest paid HCs in P5. Why are you trying to compare their contracts to the entire FBS, when they coach in the P5?

https://www.statecollege.com/penn-state-football-about-the-golden-moment-als-heart-hasnt-changed/

"That’s because Golden is underpaid when it comes to college football head coaches. As a coach with eight years and two schools of head coaching experience, he makes $2,148,107 a year – No. 46 in the country at a school that has won five national championships."

https://itsauthing.com/dave-hyde-says-um-is-lowballing-randy-shannon

My G, its not difficult to understand that both Shannon & Golden were hired because the administration wanted to divest & siphon whatever limited resources they had away from the football program. Both HCs & Richt, were prematurely extended because the university wanted to try to offset & get a handle on runaway inflation that has occurred in Div I CFB HC salaries within the last 20 yrs. Furthermore, do you think it reflects favorably on the university's finances that both HCs after their tenures, had to sue over contract disputes?

Please stop saying Richt received his biggest payday @ MIA. No he didn't. He received the same salary he was earning @ UGA. The bigger issue that you should focus on, is why an accomplished HC like Richt would never even entertain this job, without being handed carte blanche control. That's why one of the stipulations for him accepting this job, was also hiring his unqualified son, which ultimately became his undoing. The lack of administration accountability that people on this forum constantly clamor for, is a direct byproduct of lack of resource allocation. I know you seriously don't think MIA could ever pay its HC more than UGA, because that's just wild. Also, MIA only matched his base compensation of $4 mil, not his performance bonuses.

https://www.sicemdawgs.com/2015/01/uga-head-coach-mark-richt-raise-contract-extension/

Your take regarding parity in CFB is just made up fiction. Nothing more. Why anyone would try to make the argument that CFB today, has the same level of parity as 40 yrs ago is beyond me. My G, the last school to win a 1st time NC was UF in 96'. Since then, starting in the BCS era, six teams have combined to win 74% of the championships: Alabama (6), LSU (3), Clemson (2), Florida State (2), Florida (2) and Ohio State (2). In the last 23 years, just 17 teams have qualified for the 46 spots in championship games. In the era that preceded the BCS, you had 5 different 1st time NC winners in a span of 11 yrs, & 2 of them were private schools! Let that sink in for a second, and marinate in your brain. Yes, CFB has always been stratified, because of the inherent advantages that blue bloods & big state schools have over everyone else, but what you're seeing today is unprecedented on multiple levels. Just look at the dominance with regards to P5 conference champions, compared to the BCS era. Clemson & OU have both won 6 straight conference championships!

To recap, without the landmark legislation that I highlighted in my last post, there wouldn't be a university of MIA football program. It makes absolutely no sense to suggest the only reason why MIA broke through the exclusive fraternity of CFB, is because they hired Howard Schnellenberger. A HC who compiled a record of 54-56-2 @ Louisville, and 58-74 @ FAU. The biggest catalyst for MIA becoming an upstart dynasty was the increased parity that existed in the sport at the time. Without it none of us would be here today. Similarly, CFB today has reached a watershed moment, and is in desperate need of another parity increasing measure, to ensure the sustainability of college athletics. Because of the CFB arms race, the entire sport is currently on a very dangerous trajectory, placing not only CFB, but also college athletics, and higher education in a state of peril. When you have 90 out of 120 CFB programs in Div.I operating at a yearly loss, you know there's a big problem. Who do you think is going to be responsible for those charges, & debt? Students & tax payers, that's who.

Last edited:
Let me preface everything that I'm about to say, with please don't take anything I say personal, I respect you as a poster, and there are many times we are in agreement. I am just trying to have an honest discussion with you, so we both can become more informed about this situation.

My G, no offense, but you're just making stuff up, in order to fit your narrative, while in the process completely missing the forest for the trees.

1.) I'm saying recruiting rankings are only relevant, if they coexist with proper infrastructure, and talent evaluation & development. You're narrowly only focusing on the talent acquisition part of the equation. An example is Tracy Howard. You're of the impression that if Tracy Howard went to Bama, he would've been an all-american, and eventually a 1st rd draft pick. Which is ridiculous

2.) All of the pertinent information is readily available, if you're actually willing to do the research, instead of spreading misinformation, and railing incessantly against the administration & HC, on a daily basis. I know the information may not align with your false narrative, but it will definitely help you to understand this issue better. I can promise you that. Fyi, disclosing annual university athletic department figures is mandated by the U.S. Department of Education and its Equity in Athletics Data Analysis (EADA) arm.

3.) Again, both Shannon & Golden were 2 of the lowest paid HCs in P5. Why are you trying to compare their contracts to the entire FBS, when they coach in the P5?

https://www.statecollege.com/penn-state-football-about-the-golden-moment-als-heart-hasnt-changed/

"That’s because Golden is underpaid when it comes to college football head coaches. As a coach with eight years and two schools of head coaching experience, he makes $2,148,107 a year – No. 46 in the country at a school that has won five national championships."

My G, its not difficult to understand that both Shannon & Golden were hired because the administration wanted to divest & siphon whatever limited resources they had away from the football program. Both HCs including Richt, were prematurely extended because the university wanted to try to offset & get a handle on runaway inflation that has occurred in Div I CFB HC salaries within the last 20 yrs. Furthermore, do you think it reflects favorably on the university's finances that both HCs after their tenures, had to sue over contract disputes?

Please stop saying Richt received his biggest payday @ MIA. No he didn't. He received the same salary he was earning @ UGA. The bigger issue that you should focus on, is why an accomplished HC like Richt would never even entertain this job, without being handed carte blanche control. That's why one of the stipulations for him accepting this job, was also hiring his unqualified son, which ultimately became his undoing. The lack of administration accountability that people on this forum constantly clamor for, is a direct byproduct of lack or resource allocation. I know you seriously don't think MIA could ever pay its HC more than UGA, because that's just wild. Also, MIA only matched his base compensation of $4 mil, not his performance bonuses.

https://www.sicemdawgs.com/2015/01/uga-head-coach-mark-richt-raise-contract-extension/

Your take regarding parity in CFB is just made up fiction. Nothing more. Why anyone would try to make the argument that CFB today, has the same level of parity as 40 yrs ago is beyond me. My G, the last school to win a 1st time NC was UF in 96'. Since then, starting in the BCS era, six teams have combined to win 74% of the championships: Alabama (6), LSU (3), Clemson (2), Florida State (2), Florida (2) and Ohio State (2). In the last 23 years, just 17 teams have qualified for the 46 spots in championship games. In the era that preceded the BCS, you had 5 different 1st time NC winners in a span of 11 yrs, & 2 of them were private schools! Let that sink in for a second, and marinate in your brain. Yes, CFB has always been stratified, because of the inherent advantages that blue bloods & big state schools have over everyone else, but what you're seeing today is unprecedented on multiple levels. Just look at the dominance with regards to P5 conference champions, compared to the BCS era. Clemson & OU have both won 6 straight conference championships!

To recap, without the landmark legislation that I highlighted in my last post, there wouldn't be a university of MIA football program. It makes absolutely no sense to suggest the only reason why MIA broke through the exclusive fraternity of CFB, is because they hired Howard Schnellenberger. A HC who compiled a record of 54-56-2 @ Louisville, and 58-74 @ FAU. The biggest catalyst for MIA becoming an upstart dynasty was the increased parity that existed in the sport at the time. Without it none of us would be here today. Similarly, CFB today has reached a watershed moment, and is in desperate need of another parity increasing measure, to ensure the sustainability of college athletics. Because of the CFB arms race, the entire sport is currently on a very dangerous trajectory, placing not only CFB, but also college athletics, and higher education in a state of peril. When you have 90 out of 120 CFB programs in Div.I operating at a yearly loss, you know there's a big problem. Who do you think is going to be responsible for those charges, & debt? Students & tax payers, that's who.
You sure took something personal lol

Jokes aside, your post is the entire truth. The same athletic studs we used to get back then are now the ones going to Bama, Clemson or Ohio State.

The best season college football has ever had was 2007. Wonder why...

Convince me otherwise
Jesus! Take it easy brother! Think about ur wife & kids! It’s not worth it! Reconsider! Read sum Literature

Advertisement
We're talking about LSU.

You also don't understand the graph apparently. Total revenue of 9 million is a small *** school.

If you actually read the linked article, and examined the graph closely, you would've realized the graph is not representing a snapshot of a school's finances. It's showing you the aggregate revenue of all FBS programs. The point of the post was to show you that FBS programs do in fact receive state funding, and in the case of programs outside the top 30, that number in many instances approaches 70+ % of their budget. Sorry you misunderstood. Take care

My G, its not difficult to understand that both Shannon & Golden were hired because the administration wanted to divest & siphon whatever limited resources they had away from the football program. Both HCs & Richt, were prematurely extended because the university wanted to try to offset & get a handle on runaway inflation that has occurred in Div I CFB HC salaries within the last 20 yrs. Furthermore, do you think it reflects favorably on the university's finances that both HCs after their tenures, had to sue over contract disputes?

Please stop saying Richt received his biggest payday @ MIA. No he didn't. He received the same salary he was earning @ UGA. The bigger issue that you should focus on, is why an accomplished HC like Richt would never even entertain this job, without being handed carte blanche control. That's why one of the stipulations for him accepting this job, was also hiring his unqualified son, which ultimately became his undoing. The lack of administration accountability that people on this forum constantly clamor for, is a direct byproduct of lack of resource allocation. I know you seriously don't think MIA could ever pay its HC more than UGA, because that's just wild. Also, MIA only matched his base compensation of $4 mil, not his performance bonuses.

Do me a favor; go & find Miami’s revenue & operating expense report. I’ll wait.

Fitting narratives is funny. Lol.

U literally shucked & jived while providing no rebuttal, just a well formulated statement that amounted to nothing. ****, I’m not even sure what U’re responding to, honestly.

One thing about me, my guy…I ain’t one of them “fit a narrative” type of ninja. What I stated & what I stand by is that CFB have been about the Haves & The Have Nots. I thoroughly explained why there were teams that snuck in & won, which u fundamentally failed to acknowledge, b/c by acknowledging that, U’re whole counterargument becomes moot. The winning of a championship pre-BCS was in the most simplistic of forms. The BCS computer started taking SOS into consideration, & that all but eliminated G5 programs sneaking in. It was also wildly subjective, but I don’t need to tell u that; there’s a whole series called College Football 150 yrs that outlines this.

Anyways, anyways,

But since u low key tried to call me out regarding one thing, about Richt was making same amount at UGA vs Miami. Smh.

This was the proposal prior to him signing w/ us & him getting fired.

We matched it.

Anyways, have a good night & be blessed.

Last edited:
Advertisement
College Football is dead altogether. ESPN literally put up a graphic showing how two teams are beating it up for the past five years.

Parity in this sport has disappeared altogether. Its Bama, Clemson and then, its everybody else. And the amount of movement is slim. Theres no hope for other teams to win a title when Alabama is at the top. Its a different sport and it sucks complete ***.
So why are you here?

Do me a favor; go & find Miami’s revenue & operating expense report. I’ll wait.

Fitting narratives is funny. Lol.

U literally shucked & jived while providing no rebuttal, just a well formulated statement that amounted to nothing. ****, I’m not even sure what U’re responding to, honestly.

One thing about me, my guy…I ain’t one of them “fit a narrative” type of ninja. What I stated & what I stand by is that CFB have been about the Haves & The Have Nots. I thoroughly explained why there were teams that snuck in & won, which u fundamentally failed to acknowledge, b/c by acknowledging that, U’re whole counterargument becomes moot. The winning of a championship pre-BCS was in the most simplistic of forms. The BCS computer started taking SOS into consideration, & that all but eliminated G5 programs sneaking in. It was also wildly subjective, but I don’t need to tell u that; there’s a whole series called College Football 150 yrs that outlines this.

Anyways, anyways,

But since u low key tried to call me out regarding one thing, about Richt was making same amount at UGA vs Miami. Smh.

This was the proposal prior to him signing w/ us & him getting fired.

We matched it.

Anyways, have a good night & be blessed.

1.) Here is the information in question, My G. The Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act (EADA), requires all co-educational postsecondary institutions that receive Title IV funding (i.e., those that participate in federal student aid programs) and have an intercollegiate athletics program, to submit yearly athletics financial data to the dept. of education. They are obligated by law to do so. I've attached the financial statement in this post as a .pdf, but you can can also generate the file yourself by going to this website..

👇

https://ope.ed.gov/athletics/#/

2.) My G, everything you have said has been refuted & debunked. You just don't want to hear it, because then it would suddenly mean the majority of your posts on this forum become worthless. Your schtick of putting 100% of the blame on the administration & HC would come to an end. I realize that will mean you inevitably lose some of your clout & standing on this forum, but what you will gain in its place is much more valuable. The truth. And in the end, only that can set you free.

3.) I'm confused as to why you continue to dismiss & discredit the pre-BCS era, when the team you're supposedly a fan of won 4 out of 5 NCs in its history during this era. Again, without this pre-BCS era, which was defined by parity, there wouldn't be a university of MIA football program.

My G, I think you're a smart & capable guy, but unfortunately have been heavily influenced over the yrs, by all of the S.FLA shills, & delusional alumni who frequent this forum. If you are willing to research further into the economics of CFB, I think it will help your understanding of this topic tremendously.

Attachments

• University of Miami athletics budget.pdf
    47.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
1.) Here is the information in question, My G. The Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act (EADA), requires all co-educational postsecondary institutions that receive Title IV funding (i.e., those that participate in federal student aid programs) and have an intercollegiate athletics program, to submit yearly athletics financial data to the dept. of education. They are obligated by law to do so. I've attached the financial statement in this post as a .pdf, but you can can also generate the file yourself by going to this website..

👇

https://ope.ed.gov/athletics/#/

2.) My G, everything you have said has been refuted & debunked. You just don't want to hear it, because then it would suddenly mean the majority of your posts on this forum become worthless. Your schtick of putting 100% of the blame on the administration & HC would come to an end. I realize that will mean you will inevitably lose some of your clout & standing on this forum, but what you will gain in its place is much more valuable. The truth. And in the end, only that can set you free.

3.) I'm confused as to why you continue to dismiss & discredit the pre-BCS era, when the team you're supposedly a fan of won 4 out of 5 NCs in its history during this era. Again, without this pre-BCS era, which was defined by parity, there wouldn't be a university of MIA football program.

My G, I think you're a smart & capable guy, but unfortunately have been heavily influenced over the yrs, by all of the S.FLA shills, & delusional alumni who frequent this forum. If you are willing to research further into the economics of CFB, I think it will help your understanding of this topic tremendously.

Dude, and I mean this in all respect, but literally nothing u posted has chit to do w/ running a competent, athletic dept.

1. Covid already exposed some financial hinderances for all major Universities. Hence, many athletic programs had to be cut b/c most, and in some cases, all operate in the red. Which is why donations, boosters, endowments, etc are so important. Football, and basketball, for the most part, are the only prosperous athletics for majority of any school that competes at the NCAA or NIAA level.

2. However, if we’re in this bad of shape financially, as your trying to counter argue, then why continually blow money? How do we have the means to buy a HC out of his contract, just to pay him, additionally, to come here? Oh, btw for ur edification; said HC is making more $ than a HC that not only led his team to a Nat’l Championship game and a CFP birth this decade, but coaches at a larger school, student, donor, & alumni base than Miami can’t remotely fathom. Diaz is making $1.3m MORE than Bryan Kelly. How’s that possible w/ our budget crises??

3. I don’t have a “schtick.” Everyone knows that. I don’t post for click bait or likes, I can give two fcks about clout. If I cared about clout, I would have my own YouTube channel or filming myself doing something reckless to post on IG or other social media platforms. It doesn’t take “clout chasing” to recognize the incompetency from top to bottom of this school. What if I were to tell u….naw, never mind. That would be for clout. Anyways, this narrative of ‘Miami being broke, has to work w/in a limited budget, as to why the program is where it’s at’ is inherently & patently false.

4. Your defense is compromising ur comprehension. Not one time did I dismiss the pre-BCS era. Maybe if u took the time to actually have an open mind vs trying to create a lane no one is driving in, you would understand that.

Your counter point was that in today’s game, there is no parity, the same teams are winning. OK, I agree. My whole point was since the inception of CFB, the same teams were winning per decade, hence the notion of parity was more perceived, than actual. The reason why there was a “perception” (key word, PERCEPTION) of parity was b/c of how voting and selecting a National Champion was done yesteryear vs today. So yes, you would get an occasional one-off team that would claim the title.

However, even w/ THAT being said, CFB have always, and centrally been about the Have & the Have Nots. In essence, when the era of the BCS came in, what it did was eliminate the notion of being a Nat’l champion STRICTLY on record. Strength of Schedule was now taken into account, which meant teams like BYU, Navy, Army, etc were now extinct, unless their S.O.S was solid. (More on this)

Do u know why the BCS was created? B/c schools were UCF circa 2017 before UCF. So the BCS was created to eliminate that confusion. That’s all I was explaining. What the BCS, & now CFP have done is magnified what was always around: It’s either U’re a Have (winning or playing for multiple titles w/in a 10-15 yr window) or U’re a have-not (hoping to get a crumb that falls off the table, but mostly on the outside looking in.) Again, HISTORY, since 1869 proves that.

But this notion of Miami not being National Champions if not for the pre-BCS is absolute bull chit.
-In 1983, Miami played four Top 20 teams and went 3-1 against them, including the #1 team.
-In 1986, they played two top 20 teams, including the #1 team in the nation, before succumbing to the #2 team.
-1987, they played six top 20, including five being in the top 10.
-1988, six top 20 teams, including four top 10
-1989, four top 10 teams
-1990, four top 20 teams, including 3 top 10
-1991, four top 15 teams, including 3 top 10
-1992, five top 25 teams, including 4 top 10
-1993, five top 25 teams, including 4 top 15
-1994, six top 25 teams, including 3 top 10

We won & was always in contentions for those chips, not b/c of some pre-BCS counterargument U’re trying to make, but b/c we played ANYBODY, ANYTIME, ANYWHERE.

Back to S.O.S for a moment; when BYU won its National Title in 1984, u know who they played? #3 Pitt. That’s it; but, b/c they were the only team undefeated team that season, albeit their schedule was soft af, they was awarded the National Title. THAT was my whole point. Yes, a team caught lightning in the bottle for “A” season like Colorado & GT in 1990 or Washington in 1991, but there’s a reason why there’s a phrase called “blue blood.”

Imma just say, literally that comment about Miami in connection to parity was one of the more asinine comments I’ve ever heard a “fan” say.

5. No need to patronize me; u know nothing about me or my capabilities. U legit don’t know what I do for a living, who I’m connected w. U know why? B/c I don’t chase clout. What’s ironic is you taking the time to post spread sheets as a means to prove something that, I guess in ur mind, felt the need to post to show how intelligent u r on this matter. 🤷🏾‍♂️

And shame on u for trying to discredit alumni that post on here, that have probably donated more than most. There’s no delusional alumni base here. I guess former players & former admin are all delusional too, huh?

Listen, there’s no need to reply, b/c ur rhetoric is tiresome. Please save those spread sheets for someone who’s naive or haven’t been around this team for 30+ yrs.

Have a great day.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back