The personality of the offense

Dorsett might be better than TB one day. That day isn't here yet tho.

and Miller started to run tentatively after he came out a game holding his shoulder. Could tell he played through an injury the rest of the way just by how his running style changed so dramatically in the middle of the season. Dude toughed it out. Should be commended instead of criticized for it. Had surgery right after the season. Usually that happens when guys were playing with the injury - same way Jacory played through the thumb issues in 2009 and took forever to recover from (which i think played a part in his tough 2010).

Advertisement
Don't care what anyone says T3 will be missed... He wasnt a hitch and screen type player... He was a deep ball- Joey Galloway type player... We have talent but I can say that I doubt that anyone of them are on T3 level right now... We'll be even more conservative than last year...

Don't care what anyone says T3 will be missed... He wasnt a hitch and screen type player... He was a deep ball- Joey Galloway type player... We have talent but I can say that I doubt that anyone of them are on T3 level right now... We'll be even more conservative than last year...

lmao. Benjamin was just another in a long line of underachieving, no heart, combine warriors that the previous regime put out for us. Kid had NFL speed but played with the heart of a pussycat.

Sure he'll be missed. Shammin recruited ***king NO ONE after the 2008 WR class except for Hurns. All we have are Hurns (who is hurt), Dorsett, and a kid that's never even seen the field yet in Scott. So even a noheart talent like Benjamin will be "better" than the 808089 incoming true FR WRs that Golden had to bring in to make up for Shammin's shi**ty WR recruiting.

This is just my opinion, but Benjamin could have had a whole different career with Morris at quarterback.

You saw flashes of it when he came in against Virginia. Morris put the ball on him so fast that Benjamin was able to show off his RAC ability.

And when it came to the deep ball, Morris's arm strength could have allowed Travis to use his speed instead of playing jump ball. Hopefully Dorsett can fill that role this year, because he's the only pure speed guy in the WR corps.

I'm getting more optimistic about this team notwithstanding spring limitations.

Our OL should be solid and improved.

Our TEs will be solid.

Our RBs with Duke will be improved because Miller wasn't healthy enough last year.

IMO Morris will be better than Jacory.

WR is a Q, but Scott sounds legit. We need Dorset to stay healthy. Hurns is capable. Add to them Lockhart, Lewis, AJL if he gets in, maybe Thompkins.... We will be okay there (hopefully). Streeter was a big Q before last year and he ended up being very solid. I expect we'll be surprised again by someone. Maybe Scott.

If Porter stays healthy, we can be okay at DT. He, Smith and who knows. L Rob soundlike he has stepped up. Grimble, probably is serviceable but a year away. Doubt he gets to RS though. Briscoe or Ivery will see minutes. Chick is solid at one End. A range of so-so options at the other.

We will miss spence, but perryman is legit, and Kirby sounds good. Hopefully buchanon can turn the corner. Between those three, Gaines and Paul, we should have bodies at LB for the first time in a while.

I think we'll survive at CB with Finnie, McGee, Gunter and the new guys.

S scares me, but RRA has got to be at least a solid contributor as a senior, one would think. The second S spot who the heck knows.

With luck, we can win 9 games in '12. In 2013, I'd expect 10+.

Advertisement
Ethnic, don't forget Larry Hope. I keyed in quite a bit on him and he has awareness. Breaks on the ball well and isn't afraid to jam the WR at the line. How many times did we see our DB's just standing there watching the other guys catch the ball before reacting? I didn't see that one time on Friday night.

Finnie reminds me of Terrel Buckley. T-Buck had attitude and had a knack for undercutting the route and picking the ball. He(Finnie) was called for pass interference penalty,but it was one of those that could be forgiven because he was trying to make a play on the ball and not the man. Our defense becomes demonstrably better if we get aggressive,consistent play from our corners. I like what I saw so far. It's hard to determine if they are good or our WR's can't shake 'em. But technique wise and attitude wise they are so far ahead of last years group. Had me grinning at times.

As for Ray Ray, he was vocal and playfull. Once after a play was over he chucked Thompkins in the back as Thompkins was walking back to the huddle. He was all in Mike James ear after one play in a goal line situation. Was yapping for a good 10-15 seconds that was audible in the stands.

This is just my opinion, but Benjamin could have had a whole different career with Morris at quarterback.

You saw flashes of it when he came in against Virginia. Morris put the ball on him so fast that Benjamin was able to show off his RAC ability.

And when it came to the deep ball, Morris's arm strength could have allowed Travis to use his speed instead of playing jump ball. Hopefully Dorsett can fill that role this year, because he's the only pure speed guy in the WR corps.

Wasn't Benjamin the intended receiver against Duke when Morris came in and threw an absolutely perfect bomb like 40-50 yards in the air that the Duke DB made a ridiculous play on to get his hand in the way and knock it down?

The only thing keeping me from jumping on board is the DL. Not enough war daddies. Chick is for real, and Porter and Cain have a chance to be good if they keep improving. Outside of that, it's a JAGfest.

Watching the team this spring, they have some key pieces but are in desperate need of 27 scholarship bodies. Can't wait to see the competition at WR and DB this August.

Ethnic, don't forget Larry Hope. I keyed in quite a bit on him and he has awareness. Breaks on the ball well and isn't afraid to jam the WR at the line. How many times did we see our DB's just standing there watching the other guys catch the ball before reacting? I didn't see that one time on Friday night.

Finnie reminds me of Terrel Buckley. T-Buck had attitude and had a knack for undercutting the route and picking the ball. He(Finnie) was called for pass interference penalty,but it was one of those that could be forgiven because he was trying to make a play on the ball and not the man. Our defense becomes demonstrably better if we get aggressive,consistent play from our corners. I like what I saw so far. It's hard to determine if they are good or our WR's can't shake 'em. But technique wise and attitude wise they are so far ahead of last years group. Had me grinning at times.

As for Ray Ray, he was vocal and playfull. Once after a play was over he chucked Thompkins in the back as Thompkins was walking back to the huddle. He was all in Mike James ear after one play in a goal line situation. Was yapping for a good 10-15 seconds that was audible in the stands.

Not forgetting him. Just grouped him in with the new guys. Whether its him,Howard, Davis, bush, Crawford ... We'll get some run from that group.

Advertisement

Wasn't Benjamin the intended receiver against Duke when Morris came in and threw an absolutely perfect bomb like 40-50 yards in the air that the Duke DB made a ridiculous play on to get his hand in the way and knock it down?

Si.

The only thing keeping me from jumping on board is the DL. Not enough war daddies. Chick is for real, and Porter and Cain have a chance to be good if they keep improving. Outside of that, it's a JAGfest.

Watching the team this spring, they have some key pieces but are in desperate need of 27 scholarship bodies. Can't wait to see the competition at WR and DB this August.

I hear you. But we have had JAGs for years at DT, IMO. Porter this year if he stays healthy might be the best DT we've had in a long time. Forston never did squat. If we have two _legit_ DL in Porter and Chick, that'll be a big step up for us. I'm not predicting a BCS bowl or anything, but if ose two guys stay healthy, we should be solid enough on D.

streeter hadnt done much prior to last year but he had the physical tools. I don't see any WR on this roster right now with those tools. maybe Scott can suprise but I doubt that he is much of a deep threat...maybe he can overcome what he lacks in explosiveness with headiness

lmao at Dorsett > TB. not even remotely in the same stratosphere at this point. maybe Dorsett can take a big step (fingers crossed). there is no way around the fact that we lost mega talent at RB and WR with little known commodities ready to take their place

streeter hadnt done much prior to last year but he had the physical tools. I don't see any WR on this roster right now with those tools. maybe Scott can suprise but I doubt that he is much of a deep threat...maybe he can overcome what he lacks in explosiveness with headiness

lmao at Dorsett > TB. not even remotely in the same stratosphere at this point. maybe Dorsett can take a big step (fingers crossed). there is no way around the fact that we lost mega talent at RB and WR with little known commodities ready to take their place

We don't need dorsett to be better than TB this year. We need him to be good. Given his strengths and Morris's arm, he may well have as much of an impact in our passing game as tb did.

Advertisement
Not worried about RB, I really think the 3 man rotation (MJ, OT, and Duke) is more than good enough. The WR play scares ma too, especially since we need for the new guys to get up to speed in a hurry, and that's hard to do. Still, a couple of them are very polished and if the Oline and QB improve like we all expect them to, the passing game will be fine.

I sort of disagree... D$, although Morris was young when he did start in 2010, we didnt see too much from T3 but in spurts... I think too much is put on the arm strength of the qbs... Jacory's arm, I believe was strong enough... But how we used T3 changed dramatically after the departure of Collier... Collier was the slot wdieout that was quick and was able to make people miss in space... He was the type of wideout you'll run screens for and hitch routes too... T3 was more of a Joey Galloway type wideout... I dont ever recall Joey Galloway running to many screen and hitch routes... But he killed you with his deep route running... It wasnt just go routes but it was deep out, deep corner, post routes, etc. I think this is how we should have used T3 last year and how we used him from 08-09... I dont think it had anything to do with arm strength... We seen him play with Morris and his numbers were no better than with Harris... I mean last year when we did decide to go to the deep routes with Benjamin he was money... Games such as KSU and VT come to mind...

Advertisement
streeter had physical measurables.....but he needed to come back for another year

he had good hands and was physical.......but he often looked stiff running routes......and seemed scared to cross the middle

i like what we saw from hurns last year........so if hes healthy.....he should be a weapon.....and dorsett has potential

if scott can become anything other than a greentree AA...........and if a guy like lockhart or lewis can step up.........i dont think replacing streeters production will be difficult

especially if we get good qb play

lmao at Dorsett > TB. not even remotely in the same stratosphere at this point. maybe Dorsett can take a big step (fingers crossed).
actually at this point in their careers........there isnt much difference between them as WRs

there is no way around the fact that we lost mega talent at RB and WR with little known commodities ready to take their place
mega talent?

come on man.....thats reaching

streeter finally got a chance and had a good year........but thats all it was

as far as miller goes........he was proven to be soft and the 2nd half of the year last year......he wasnt even the same type of player he was the first half

in recent years weve always used a 3 back rotation

mike james.....is mike james

clements showed alot of potential last year

crawford should get some reps as a 3rd down back..........and if duke is as good as advertised........im not worried about the running game.......unless the OL falls apart

Miller and Streeter are both pretty **** big talents. I mean Miller is the #2 back in the 2012 NFL draft.

That said I'm really not that worried about the offense because 1. I think I'm the biggest Morris fan on the board and he is going to be real good 2. we will find playmakers and 3. we are going to get a lot more production from the TE this year. Plus I like Fisch and I think short yardage should be a lot better this year (one of our biggest problems on O last year).

at this point in their careers TB and Dorsett are even?

2008 (FRESHMAN): Played in 12 of 13 games, making five starts ... Fifth-leading receiver with 18 receptions for 293 yards ... Led the team in punt return yardage (181), kick return yardage (496) and yards per reception (16.3) while ranking second in all-purpose yards (1,012) and touchdowns (4)

what did Dorsett do last year?

I wasn't even talking about comparing them both as rising Sophs. I am talking about the production that we are losing in TB. Dorsett has not shown that he can come close to replacing that. maybe he can. I hope so. but it is certainly no given. if I had to bet on it, I would bet that he doesn't

Streeter was one of the fastest WR at the combine at around 215 lbs and 6'5". he also led the team in receiving yards and TDs last year. who on the roster can replace that? Hurns? maybe. maybe Hurns will be a better all around WR this year than Streeter was last year but I HIGHLY DOUBT that he will replace the big play ability that Streeter gave us.

arguing against Miller's talent is beyond retarded. kid is the best RB we've had since McGahee and he will probably be a 1st round draft pick

our offense will likely struggle until someone at WR or RB shows that they can be a legit HR threat

at this point in their careers TB and Dorsett are even?

2008 (FRESHMAN): Played in 12 of 13 games, making five starts ... Fifth-leading receiver with 18 receptions for 293 yards ... Led the team in punt return yardage (181), kick return yardage (496) and yards per reception (16.3) while ranking second in all-purpose yards (1,012) and touchdowns (4)

what did Dorsett do last year?

I wasn't even talking about comparing them both as rising Sophs. I am talking about the production that we are losing in TB. Dorsett has not shown that he can come close to replacing that. maybe he can. I hope so. but it is certainly no given. if I had to bet on it, I would bet that he doesn't

Streeter was one of the fastest WR at the combine at around 215 lbs and 6'5". he also led the team in receiving yards and TDs last year. who on the roster can replace that? Hurns? maybe. maybe Hurns will be a better all around WR this year than Streeter was last year but I HIGHLY DOUBT that he will replace the big play ability that Streeter gave us.

arguing against Miller's talent is beyond retarded. kid is the best RB we've had since McGahee and he will probably be a 1st round draft pick

our offense will likely struggle until someone at WR or RB shows that they can be a legit HR threat

+1
You know cane fans... For someone to call Miller soft and to diminish the prouction of T3 and Streeter their just in denial... I like Dorsett but he performance isnt a quarter of what T3 did as a freshman... And to bring Crawford as well as Duke into a conversation as Miller is pure conjecture at this point... We lost some good players... I see us becoming extremely conservative until 2013...

Advertisement
Back