The Perfect Storm?

The problem is that our experienced guys don't have big game experience. We unfortunately don't have experiencing playing in and winning big games. You look at OSU, Clemson, Bama, etc., all those teams have played in so many big games over the past years--they know how to prepare, how to play, how to take a shot or two yet still hang in, and how to win. That's lacking from this team. Look at all the early mistakes against Clemson last year. Too amped up. I hope we start to get that experience with this year's team. Would be a great send-off from the vets.

Advertisement
The problem is that our experienced guys don't have big game experience. We unfortunately don't have experiencing playing in and winning big games. You look at OSU, Clemson, Bama, etc., all those teams have played in so many big games over the past years--they know how to prepare, how to play, how to take a shot or two yet still hang in, and how to win. That's lacking from this team. Look at all the early mistakes against Clemson last year. Too amped up. I hope we start to get that experience with this year's team. Would be a great send-off from the vets.

Bamas skill position players have basically none.

Bamas skill position players have basically none.
Bama no doubt lost a TON of talent. I don't know enough about their returning players and the sort, but I figure even the backups are familiar with the pomp and circumstance of big games.

Some very good points to ponder but nothing said about complete utter failures under Manny in games when we play good teams. Don't Alabama short and I hope you are right but I don't see it.

Advertisement
Some very good points to ponder but nothing said about complete utter failures under Manny in games when we play good teams. Don't Alabama short and I hope you are right but I don't see it.
I did mention that they have laid an egg time and time again. Thats the reason and only reason i have little to no confidence we will win the game. But if we don't even show up this will be 100% on that staff.

We have a QB that is absolutely going to do everything in his power to win a Championship.
We have guys who returned who could have been stupid and Declared for the NFL come back for the sole reason to win a Championship.
We have a Head coach who knows that this season is set up to play for a Championship.
We have an Offensive coordinator who did wonders in year one and ready to accelerate things in year two.
We have a new Defensive staff ready to make a statement that they can turn things around like the Offensive staff did last year.
We have the best Punter on the planet. We improved the return game with vets from the portal. We lost our kicker but his brother has potential.
We have some good young players and new faces for much needed depth.

The 2017 team was Ranked #2 on Thanksgiving for crying out loud.

I am expecting much more from this squad and God willing they stay healthy and keep their concentration on their goal of winning a Championship.

15-0.

Last edited:
We have a QB that is absolutely going to do everything in his power to win a Championship.
We have guys who returned who could have been stupid and Declared for the NFL come back for the sole reason to win a Championship.
We have a Head coach who knows that this season is set up to play for a Championship.
We have an offensive coordinator who did wonders in year one and ready to accelerate things in year two.
We have a new Defensive staff ready to make a statement that they can turn things around like the Offensive staff did last year.
We have the best Punter on the planet. We improved the return game with vets from the portal. We lost our kicker but his brother has potential.

I am expecting much more from this squad and God willing they stay healthy and keep their concentration on their goal of winning a Championship.

15-0.
Will Ferrell Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Advertisement
Again, every year everyone expects one loss or else the season is a disaster. Except for the two DE freaks, how many total kids we had were drafted and in what rounds? LOL. Same thing this year except for ZION who is not even listed as the all ACC first team for Tackle. LOL. Everyone here is walking around with Cane blinders on. Wake up and smell the coffee. We have depth but not quality depth unlike most top 10 teams. Because of the last two years recruiting, we are slowly getting there, but we are not there yet given our current starting talent. There are very few kids on Miami that I would trade with Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, Clemson, etc. Get real slurpers.

Again, every year everyone expects one loss or else the season is a disaster. Except for the two DE freaks, how many total kids we had were drafted and in what rounds? LOL. Same thing this year except for ZION who is not even listed as the all ACC first team for Tackle. LOL. Everyone here is walking around with Cane blinders on. Wake up and smell the coffee. We have depth but not quality depth unlike most top 10 teams. Because of the last two years recruiting, we are slowly getting there, but we are not there yet given our current starting talent. There are very few kids on Miami that I would trade with Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, Clemson, etc. Get real slurpers.
I don't think we are gonna win this game. The fact that i feel so certain of that is not about talent, its about our recent history and the coaching staff body of work. If you go through our roster we can field more talent than teams like Ole Miss and UF and certain positions, while certain other positions are certainly lacking like LB. UF and Ole Miss gave Bama all they can handle. Did they have more talent than Bama? That mean whether u can trade roster or not is not the only ingredient in winning and losing games. We dont even stay in these games for a half. We always get simply outclass from the beginning.

After Bama we should have more talent than any other team, including UNC, we have 4, 5 and 6 year guys all over the team. Guys not performing doesn't mean they have no talent, more often than not we are not coaching up the players. we cannot continually out recruit teams chasing the same players we are but yet they keep producing more. Now we have no excuse from an experience standpoint. Bama is a different level as they have coaching and talent. I started this thread specifically talking about Teams like Cinci and UCF having great season, u can add Boise St into that. No top 15 top 10 team envies their roster but when they get a roster of 4 and 5 year guys they give teams with talent a run for their money which is my point here and we have more talent than those type of teams. So if they can do, why can we not with more talent?

We have an Offensive coordinator who did wonders in year one and ready to accelerate things in year two.

15-0.
If D'Eriq King is the QB in 2017 we would not have lost until the ACCCG and may have even made that a game.

I'm not a gambling guy. If I put $100 on Miami and we win or I guess Bama doesn't cover the spread, how much am I getting????
You would double your money if you pick the spread. If Miami is +600 and you bet 100, you’d win 600 for the money line

Advertisement
I’ve said it 800x this off-season, so let’s make it 801. It’s now or never for Manny. Everything is here to have a 10 win season. Everything. If this is an elite staff, they win 10 games.
Should be 11. No excuse to lose to anyone but Bama with this schedule.

Wtf. This is the most experienced team we have had in years! You couldn’t prepare them any better for this game. Bama’s team has far less experience.

Advertisement
If we play solid defense we will be fine (this is the key for us this year). Alabama will be tough. I believe we will score points. What UNC did to us last year is a recipe for a very bad year.

Advertisement
Back