The Past Decade: Revealed

Advertisement
We don't have a win against a higher seed or an equally seeded team in the last eight years.

We don't want to (nor have to) play anybody with a higher seed than us.

The equal seed sample consists of exactly two schools.

Quite the fishing expedition you had to go on to find these stats.

Morris performs 2x better than the probabilities dictate that he should. Omaha is a minute (small) sample equal 3% of the regular season and you have 1 game versus a series to prove your worth. Omaha is arguably the most random championship sporting event in the country. He has won Omaha twice.

Over a statistically significant sample, he has produced the 2nd best team in the country two years in a row.

You are wrong. Morris proved you wrong in both 2015 and 2016.

You do not possess the requisite mathematical skill to understand simple probability. Period.

there you go using that word "random" again, and i don't know about the whole statistically best team out there, we had a good offense last year and this year we were one of the best fielding, but heres were you contradict your post a little if he had such great statistics as you say why didn't we do anything in omaha those two years? again are you cool with just having a good regular season and regionals?

He doesn't even want to be the Buffalo Bills with JK, he is the Hawks. No real shot of winning a title, but not doing anything to get better.

Everyone talking like we rarely even get to a regional lol

Thats a fair point. Despite what Brian and his team says, I am on record as saying what #3 and Miami have done the past 30 years IS amazing. Where I fundamentally disagree with them is at this point:

We are Miami. 16 years between titles is unacceptable at Miami.

They also want to protect Morris at every point, and can't stand the thought of him owning his short comings.

I also know he is being disingenuous when he says its random with who wins the title, see Coastal Carolina, and then comes back to point out what a great job Morris did to get us a title 17 years ago

I was worried between 2009 and 2013. It seemed like the game had passed Morris by. Losing to Texas Tech hurt in 2014, but when Tech made Omaha it assuaged my concern.

All teams that advanced between 2009 and 2013 at the cost of UM ultimately made Omaha. Heck, even Stony Brook beat us and then beat LSU in the Super regionals. I was concerned but had not given up hope, due to Morris' stellar campaign until 2009.

I have ZERO complaints now. Math shows that UM was the second best NCAA team during 2015 and 2016 during the regular season. Consequently, I think Morris is back. The staff is clicking and will most probably continue to do so until Morris retires.

We could have an even better team next year depending on who signs with us, so I am HIGHLY pleased today. During June 2013, I was markedly concerned. Not today.

I also know he is being disingenuous when he says its random with who wins the title, see Coastal Carolina, and then comes back to point out what a great job Morris did to get us a title 17 years ago

I've actually never said that he did a great job to get us a title 17 years ago. It's hard to argue with people who are ignorant of facts but it's even harder when those people can't read either.

Where he does a great job is having us so consistently in the mix for national seeds and College World Series appearances. When we won in 1999 and 2001 we just had another great team and they happened to win it. I don't think he did any better of a job in 1999 than he did in 1996.

That would have been pretty clear if you had actually read and comprehended by what I posted.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back