The Past Decade: Revealed

Just to further illustrate the silliness of Jagr's numbers.

The program is 6-13 in advancing at road regionals.

Ron Fraser: 3-8
Brad Kelley: 0-1
Jim Morris: 3-4

Advertisement
If STA lost in the regional finals for four straight years, would the coaches (not you, the coaches) talk about what needs to improve in order to take the next step?

They actually did lose in the state championship 3 years in a row.....and didn't change anything. They trusted the process and it worked out in the long run as most good processes do.

Good managers in any walk of life understand that sometimes the right move is no move at all.

State championship game is MUCH different than the regional finals. The same way that losing in the CWS finals is MUCH different than getting out there and shtting the bed.

Still waiting for you to nail down the date when the UM baseball coaching staff and fan base stopped believing that a championship could be obtained by a great program and is only won by teams whose lottery ticket is pulled that particular year.

I don't know since I never said that.

Sounds like one of your typical lies.

You say it every day. The CWS is random. There is nothing wrong with playing poorly in Omaha because the regular season proves how good we are. The CWS champion is nothing special because the best teams never win.

That's not how we used to think.

It only became a talking point when Morrisville stopped winning and people needed to save him.

And yet more arguments that would have made sense in 2012 but look silly today.

Getting to Omaha is winning.

No rational person would say otherwise.

And if you read my post, that's exactly when the lame arguments STARTED. Read it again, hoss.

Just to further illustrate the silliness of Jagr's numbers.

The program is 6-13 in advancing at road regionals.

Ron Fraser: 3-8
Brad Kelley: 0-1
Jim Morris: 3-4

(1) None of those three occurred in the last ten years, so welcome to the future.
(2) I never said a word about "advancing in road regionals".

More lies from you.

Advertisement
Another part I love: in a thread entitled The Last Decade: Revealed, we're hearing "why r u judging him on just 2 games."

Take it slow, fellows.

Last edited:
JJ- This group of apologists must be fans of the Atlanta Hawks. They are good enough to make the playoffs every year, but not good enough to go to the Finals and not bad enough to get the top picks. Hey lets stick to the process.

I bet Cav fans sure are happy with their head coach. Its funny the old guy was fired when they were starting the running away with THEIR conference.

I would say that when we put a specific season under the microscope we might be saying what went good, bad, ugly. In fact we might not reach the same conclusion that #3 isn't getting it done. I agree wholeheartedly that making it to Omaha is a very good year. Winning it is a great year. But when you step back and look at the past 16 years you say what a model of consistency, what a nice run. Then you say this is the University of Miami, no titles in 16 years isn't good enough.

Time for a change.

Advertisement
(2) I never said a word about "advancing in road regionals".

Because you love using irrelevant statistics to prop up your preconceived notions.

Who cares if we lost to Texas A&M if we win the regional and advance?

You clowns will be talking about Columbia a decade from now. You might even convince some people that we lost that regional even though we won it.

Last edited:
Another part I love: in a thread entitled The Last Decade: Revealed, we're hearing "why r u judging him on just 2 games."

Take it slow, fellows.

Because if the outcomes changed in about a dozen games over that decade your argument would be completely invalid. Over 600 games played and yet a if a few of them flipped you'd have to reverse course.

You'd still find a way to complain though. We know that for sure. You'd dig for some other numbers to make your point.

We had a nice week of actual baseball discussion when jagr was banned. Now this board is a cesspool again.

Thanks imurcane!

Advertisement
It's not 2 games. It's about 10 games at Omaha since '01 and I'm pretty sure we played bad baseball in 2 of the wins.

It is 2 games.

2 out of 64.

And yet you dismiss the overwhelming majority (62) and base your judgments on just the last 2.

Somehow we're soft (even though we're not) and we failed against the best teams (even though we didn't).
[MENTION=5705]cane since birth[/MENTION], [MENTION=4405]BWCD[/MENTION], [MENTION=13137]Jaromir Jagr[/MENTION], [MENTION=170]imurcane[/MENTION], [MENTION=14560]KeyWestConchs[/MENTION],

Since they love talking about 50 win seasons, winning conference championships, national seeds, and getting to Omaha is "winning". Here's our performances at Omaha since '01 because I put up a "small" sample size.

College World Series history: Past champions and game recaps - Omaha.com - The Omaha World-Herald

2003:

UM v. Texas - Texas wins 13-2 with 5 UM errors, 6 walks by the pitchers, and 12 K's by our players. That's bad baseball

UM V. Missouri State - Miami wins 7-5 with Missouri State's lead off hitter for the inning getting on 6 times, Missouri State's multiple errors handing us 2 runs. We won that game because Missouri State let us win.

UM v. Texas - Texas wins 5-1 with 8 walks by our pitchers, 1 walk by our batters, and 7 runners left on base. That's bad baseball.

2004:

College World Series history: Past champions and game recaps - Omaha.com - The Omaha World-Herald

UM v. LSU - UM wins 9-5 with 2 errors, 4 walks and 9 K's by UM players. That's bad baseball but we still won because LSU's bats went quiet 3rd inning on.

UM v. Cal State Fullerton - Fullerton wins 6-3 with UM commiting 4 errors and leaving 8 on base. That's bad baseball and it could've been worse because Fullerton left 11 runners on base with only two walks by us btw

This one is a gem. UM v. South Carolina - South Carolina wins 15-11 with 11 K's by UM players, 9 walks by our pitchers, 9 runners left on base, 2 errors, and only 1 walk by our players. That's bad baseball.

2006:

UM v. Oregon State - UM wins 11-1 and even though we left 8 runners on base, it was a **** good ball game

Another gem. UM v Rice - Rice wins 3-2 with 10 K's by UM players, 11 runners left on base, only 2 walks by UM players, and 2 errors. Bad baseball

UM v. Oregon State - Oregon State wins 8-1 with only one total walk by us but we just got outplayed

2008:

UM v. UGA - UGA wins 7-4 with 10 strikeouts and 7 runners left on base. That's bad baseball

UM v. FSU - UM wins 7-5 but with 9 runners left on base and 2 errors. That's bad baseball and FSU left 17 runners on base ( a fuggin record) and K'd 9 times so our bad baseball wasn't as bad a theirs.

3rd gem. UM v. Stanford - Stanford wins with 10 k's by UM players, 12 runners left on base, and 2 errors. That's bad baseball

2015:

UM v UF - UF wins 15-3 with 11 UM runners left on and 3 errors. El juego de pelota fue horrible....that's spanish for bad baseball because I know you sapingos aren't bilingual like I am.

UM v Arkansas - UM wins 4-3 and benefit from Arkansas playing bad baseball with their four errors causing our 2 errors to go unnoticed but we played ok.

UM v. UF - UF win 10-2 and other than the 12 K's, we got outplayed

2016:

http://dataomaha.com/cws/year/2016

UM v. Arizona - Arizona wins 5-1 with 14 K's by UM players and only 3 walks. That's bad baseball, they didn't even adjust to the strike zone at all, they stood there with the same approach all night long.

UM v. UC Santa Babara - UC Santa Barbara wins 5-3 because we got outplayed

So it looks like "randomness" is their word for playing bad baseball or getting outplayed at Omaha.

Last edited:
All we can do is hope he some how pulls it together with next year's squad and gets back to Omaha and realizes that something has to be done differently in order to get a different result.

See?

Something different has to be done with two 50-win teams that earned national seeds.

And you say this because you cherry-pick 3% of the results and draw far out conclusions from them.
I'm focused on our Omaha results. I thought you understood that. Guess not. The 50+ games before Omaha were fun to watch, and we did well in them. I don't want to criticize Morris for that.

Omaha results are the whole population I'm concerned about. It's not a sample of the whole you've claimed all of this time because CWS competition is for the national title. In that population of 5 games, we are 1-4. That sucks, and it deserves analysis not just limited to statistics.

Advertisement
All we can do is hope he some how pulls it together with next year's squad and gets back to Omaha and realizes that something has to be done differently in order to get a different result.

See?

Something different has to be done with two 50-win teams that earned national seeds.

And you say this because you cherry-pick 3% of the results and draw far out conclusions from them.
I'm focused on our Omaha results. I thought you understood that. Guess not. The 50+ games before Omaha were fun to watch, and we did well in them. I don't want to criticize Morris for that.

Omaha results are the whole population I'm concerned about. It's not a sample of the whole you've claimed all of this time because CWS competition is for the national title. In that population of 5 games, we are 1-4. That sucks, and it deserves analysis not just limited to statistics.

I've honestly never heard of a program in any sport at any level that has a permanent attitude that regular seasons are great and winning the whole thing would be fun but isn't really part of the expectations. Especially one with our history and talent. Teams in our position expect to play for and win championships. There isn't anyone inside the programs at LSU, Fullerton, South Carolina, UCLA, etc., who has the attitude that championships aren't attainable by hard work and that Omaha is just a random crap shoot.

We had a nice week of actual baseball discussion when jagr was banned. Now this board is a cesspool again.

Thanks imurcane!

Are you kidding me?

At the expense of possibly being wrong . . . JJ as a whole would say Miami baseball is a model of success from 20 to 20 (borrowing a football analogy). He would then say we are coming up short, failing in the redzone, which is akin to getting to Omaha, and not playing for the title. At Miami that is unacceptable. We have now gone 16 years without a title. It is time for a change.

I believe that. What part of that is outrageous?

PS-

We go 0-2 and a BBQ during the time he was banned. Coincidence? Randomness?

Holy crap, it just hit me. JJ is the reason we went 0-2. He wasn't on the board. I knew it wasn't #3 's fault.

Who cares if we lost to Texas A&M if we win the regional and advance?

Unfortunately you don't get that it's part of a bigger picture. In this crazy random sport that is so unpredictable that lower seeds beat higher seeds all the time, we continually lose to lower seeds while never beating other #1 seeds.

You clowns will be talking about Columbia a decade from now. You might even convince some people that we lost that regional even though we won it.

Kind of like you talking about 50 win seasons and top 5 RPI finishes. Look under our scoreboard and tell me which years are listed, and why.

It's not 2 games. It's about 10 games at Omaha since '01 and I'm pretty sure we played bad baseball in 2 of the wins.

It is 2 games.

2 out of 64.

And yet you dismiss the overwhelming majority (62) and base your judgments on just the last 2.

Somehow we're soft (even though we're not) and we failed against the best teams (even though we didn't).
@cane since birth, @BWCD, @Jaromir Jagr, @imurcane, @KeyWestConchs,

Since they love talking about 50 win seasons, winning conference championships, national seeds, and getting to Omaha is "winning". Here's our performances at Omaha since '01 because I put up a "small" sample size.

2003:

UM v. Texas - Texas wins 13-2 with 5 UM errors, 6 walks by the pitchers, and 12 K's by our players. That's bad baseball

UM V. Missouri State - Miami wins 7-5 with Missouri State's lead off hitter for the inning getting on 6 times, Missouri State's multiple errors handing us 2 runs. We won that game because Missouri State let us win.

UM v. Texas - Texas wins 5-1 with 8 walks by our pitchers, 1 walk by our batters, and 7 runners left on base. That's bad baseball.

2004:

UM v. LSU - UM wins 9-5 with 2 errors, 4 walks and 9 K's by UM players. That's bad baseball but we still won because LSU's bats went quiet 3rd inning on.

UM v. Cal State Fullerton - Fullerton wins 6-3 with UM commiting 4 errors and leaving 8 on base. That's bad baseball and it could've been worse because Fullerton left 11 runners on base with only two walks by us btw

This one is a gem. UM v. South Carolina - South Carolina wins 15-11 with 11 K's by UM players, 9 walks by our pitchers, 9 runners left on base, 2 errors, and only 1 walk by our players. That's bad baseball.

2006:

UM v. Oregon State - UM wins 11-1 and even though we left 8 runners on base, it was a **** good ball game

Another gem. UM v Rice - Rice wins 3-2 with 10 K's by UM players, 11 runners left on base, only 2 walks by UM players, and 2 errors. Bad baseball

UM v. Oregon State - Oregon State wins 8-1 with only one total walk by us but we just got outplayed

2008:

UM v. UGA - UGA wins 7-4 with 10 strikeouts and 7 runners left on base. That's bad baseball

UM v. FSU - UM wins 7-5 but with 9 runners left on base and 2 errors. That's bad baseball and FSU left 17 runners on base ( a fuggin record) and K'd 9 times so our bad baseball wasn't as bad a theirs.

3rd gem. UM v. Stanford - Stanford wins with10 k's by UM players, 12 runners left on base, and 2 errors. That's bad baseball

2015:

UM v UF - UF wins 15-3 with 11 runners left on and 3 errors. El juego de pelota fue horrible....that's spanish for bad baseball because I know you sapingos aren't bilingual like I am.

UM v Arkansas - UM wins 4-3 and benefit from Arkansas playing bad baseball with their four errors causing our 2 errors to go unnoticed but we played ok.

UM v. UF - UF win 10-2 and other than the 12 K's, we got outplayed

2016:

UM v. Arizona - Arizona wins 5-1 with 14 K's by UM players and only 3 walks. That's bad baseball, they didn't even adjust to the strike zone at all, they stood there with the same approach all night long.

UM v. UC Santa Babara - UC Santa Barbara wins 5-3 because we got outplayed

So it looks like "randomness" is their word for playing bad baseball or getting outplayed at Omaha.

Exactly, not just 1 season, but 16. Its funny, no one here has criticized #3 for the job he did during the probation years. Its like they don't get it. If you wanted to be petty, you would mention those years specifically. But you don't. JJ doesn't. No one does. Why? Because it would be unreasonable to EXPECT a team on probation down ships to win a title. The other years, expectations ON!

Advertisement
Back