The Past Decade: Revealed

Do you want to know who DOES have a win on the road in that time span? Columbia, Boston College, Stony Brook, Texas Tech (2), Missouri State, Arizona, and Texas A&M.

More randomness.

Unless you want to say that those teams were better than us?

Thank you for proving the point. You are officially the board joke.

Seven teams win eight games in Coral Gables: Random.
Miami doesn't win a road game in 10 years: Can't beat higher seeds.

I think even you see how bad this is looking for you.

Advertisement
When Miami is on the road, higher seeds are supposed to prevail at a 100% rate.

When Miami is at home, anything can happen because the post-season is random.

That's what I'm dealing with.

Anything can happen any time but you're supposed to win at home against lesser seeds and supposed to lose on the road against higher seeds.

It's not rocket science.

I guess I'm just different than you. I didn't mourn a thousands deaths when we didn't get that win against Florida in 2011 or Louisville in 2013. We weren't that great and those teams were better.

Feel free to get bent out of shape when the 2015 of 2016 teams fail to get to Omaha.

But asking Jim Morris to occasionally beat someone on the road? Impossible.

He does.

He just hasn't beaten a higher seed on the road.

And just the for the record we haven't played a road Tournament game since 2013 which is a good thing.

Your best teams don't play road games in the Tournament, numbnuts.

If you're on the road in June you're there for a reason.

Um, he hasn't beaten anyone on the road in ten years. But seven teams have won on the road when we were the home team.

No, we haven't played on the road since 2013. But we did manage to lose four times at home in the last three years.

When Miami is on the road, higher seeds are supposed to prevail at a 100% rate.

When Miami is at home, anything can happen because the post-season is random.

That's what I'm dealing with.

Anything can happen any time but you're supposed to win at home against lesser seeds and supposed to lose on the road against higher seeds.

It's not rocket science.

Yeah, I'm the one trying to explain it to you. Great programs, great managers, they don't go winless on the road for an entire decade.

Advertisement
So no matter how much evidence you get, it's still going to be a "total fluke". Got it.

What evidence have you provided?

Arizona is a complete fluke.

National Champions, Missed Tournament, Missed Tournament, Missed Tournament, Final 4.

Yeah. Totally predictable and rational.

And have another team make it three years in a row.

And South Carolina didn't reach Omaha for 6 years prior to 2010.

Then went to the Finals 3 years in a row.

And haven't made it back to Omaha since.

Since Omaha is random, did their lottery number just get picked three straight years? Or did they have a really good team that knew how to win in the post-season like we used to do?

Advertisement
So no matter how much evidence you get, it's still going to be a "total fluke". Got it.

What evidence have you provided?

Arizona is a complete fluke.

National Champions, Missed Tournament, Missed Tournament, Missed Tournament, Final 4.

Yeah. Totally predictable and rational.

Two finals in five years points to some good qualities about their program. Doesn't mean they have to get there every single year. Since this is all random, why hasn't Oregon, Washington, Cal, USC, Oregon St, made a finals appearance lately? One would think that with the randomness of the post-season someone else besides Arizona and UCLA would get this far for the Pac 12.

We showed in Omaha exactly what kind of team we are.

Nonsense.

Complete and utter garbage.

50-12.

1st in ACC.

Consensus top 4 team all year.

Lose 2 games in 3 days in June.

"Showed who we were."

Rubbish.

48 wins against a schedule that did absolutely nothing in the post-season.
1st in ACC - which did absolutely northing in the post-season.
Consensus top 4 team - because of a ton of wins against a bunch of teams that did nothing in the post-season.
Lost two games in three days in June - like every year since 2002. Do you see the pattern yet?

No one said we had to win the regionals on the road. But wouldn't it seem that we could win one game one time on the road in a ten year period.....IF we have such a stellar post-season manager?

Now you're just showing your willingness to nitpick.

The goal is to advance.

Who cares if we win one game and lose the Regional?

I guarantee that you wouldn't chalk that up as a victory. You'd be harping on the Regional loss.

Don't be disingenuous.

Advertisement
I listed seven teams that came in and won in Coral Gables. They didn't necessarily win regionals.

You could have stopped right there.

Who cares?

I bet Columbia would rather be them with their single win then us with our Omaha appearance, right?

Please.

Don't be so silly.

No one said we had to win the regionals on the road. But wouldn't it seem that we could win one game one time on the road in a ten year period.....IF we have such a stellar post-season manager?

Now you're just showing your willingness to nitpick.

The goal is to advance.

Who cares if we win one game and lose the Regional?

I guarantee that you wouldn't chalk that up as a victory. You'd be harping on the Regional loss.

Don't be disingenuous.

There you go. Change the argument to get the heat off of your boy.

Maybe we wouldn't lose the regional if we could win one game at some point against the home favorite. Kind of puts you in a better position. Have you missed college baseball for the past decade? Road teams are winning ALL OVER THE PLACE. Other teams are going on the road and knocking off national seeds. But we couldn't win ONE GAME to even make one of those regionals interesting. But we sure can lose at home with the best of them.

Miami has won road games in the last 10 years.

They just haven't beaten a higher seed.

And they've come excruciatingly close several times.

It just doesn't mean that much.

Winning the regional is what matters and those teams simply weren't good enough.

You show your true colors when you nitpick about single regional games in situations where the better teams won those regionals.

Nobody is concerned with single regional wins that led to regional losses.

Advertisement
I listed seven teams that came in and won in Coral Gables. They didn't necessarily win regionals.

You could have stopped right there.

Who cares?

I bet Columbia would rather be them with their single win then us with our Omaha appearance, right?

Please.

Don't be so silly.

Or maybe Stony Brook and Texas Tech would rather have just won a single game and headed home. Don't be that guy.

You get yourself all messed up by trying to play both sides. It's okay to say that we have been a disappointment on the road while other teams seem to be able to beat higher seeds on a yearly basis. IT'S OKAY. No one is going to take away your Cane Card.

I guess I'm wondering why not one bit of criticism is acceptable. As though the guy is just knocking it out of the park.

But we did manage to lose four times at home in the last three years.

So?

Did we advance?

You are so disingenuous it's incredible.

You're the ultimate 'play the result' guy. But because you were embarrassed this year by our success you're now talking about single regional games that didn't change any of the outcomes.

The better teams won in almost every instance.

Clown.

Miami has won road games in the last 10 years.

They just haven't beaten a higher seed.

And they've come excruciatingly close several times.

It just doesn't mean that much.

Winning the regional is what matters and those teams simply weren't good enough.

You show your true colors when you nitpick about single regional games in situations where the better teams won those regionals.

Nobody is concerned with single regional wins that led to regional losses.

You don't understand the difference between neutral site games and road games. We have played 7 road games and lost all 7 of them. Better teams, high seeds, right? Even though several teams every year go in and beat better teams and higher seeds. Just not us.

That might be my next project. Find the teams that have't won a single road game in ten years. We know Columbia and BC won't be on that list.

Great programs, great managers, they don't go winless on the road for an entire decade.

I must have missed that law of the universe.

They do with those teams (2007, 2009, 2011, 2013) against those opponents.

Your nitpicking in this thread is utter silliness.

Advertisement
Back