The Opening OL vs DL 2017

Advertisement
Nesta Silvera absolutely bullied Penei Sewell @ 1:44

The great William Barnes & Richard Gouraige got beat routinely during throughout the series.

I only point it out because yall on here dog John Campbell because of how he does at Camps sometimes & yall swear Barnes/Gouraige are so much better.

So if you put a whole bunch of stock in Camp drills, then there's your dilemma.

Also, just basing off Camp drills, the only OT I've seen that hasn't been beat once is Rasheed Walker, that kid is going to be good.

Daniel Faalele simply doesn't know how to play Tackle, he stands too tall & doesn't have the athletic ability to keep up.

Silvera will have to learn a counter or 2 for it but his bull rush is so ******* nasty

Sewell is easily the best OL in this class in my opinion.

Faalele was very unimpressive.

Silvera is a ***n monster, dude handled Sewell in that one rep. Who again, i think is the best OL in this class.

Also, Xavier Thomas literally lifts some OL off his feet and puts him on his *** around the 3:05 mark. Guy is an absolute beast.

Last edited:
Advertisement

The great William Barnes & Richard Gouraige got beat routinely during throughout the series.

I only point it out because yall on here dog John Campbell because of how he does at Camps sometimes & yall swear Barnes/Gouraige are so much better.

Also, just basing off Camp drills, the only OT I've seen that hasn't been beat once is Rasheed Walker, that kid is going to be good.

Daniel Faalele simply doesn't know how to play Tackle, he stands too tall & doesn't have the athletic ability to keep up.

Faalele is two years away from being raw lol. I know he's big but he has absolutely no idea what he's doing. His technique is god awful.

Maybe you get something out of him by his Jr year.

Nesta killed it. But wow the 4 star offensive tackles gouraige and Barnes looked plenty ****** getting worked over pretty much every rep.

Last edited:

Faalele is two years away from being raw lol. I know he's big but he has absolutely no idea what he's doing. His technique is god awful.

Maybe you get something out of him by his Jr year.
You can tell he's very much brand new to Football, he's basically a Giant kid who Coaches will be teaching the game to for the very first time once they get him.

I love we already have committed in Silvera. Briggs looked like one of the most impressive DT's in those reps. The guy I want the most right up there with Tyson Campbell is Rick Sandidge. He is right up there with Xavier Thomas. A class of Briggs, Silvera, and Sandidge along with a grad transfer or a Juco would make me feel pretty good about the DT position for next year no matter who leaves.

Advertisement
Sewell is easily the best OL in this class in my opinion.

Also, Xavier Thomas literally lifts some OL off his feet and puts him on his *** around the 3:05 mark. Guy is an absolute beast.

**** right about Thomas. He ran a faster 40 time than Lingard a few months ago in Orlando while weighing around 70 lbs heavier...

Nesta won't be able to bull rush like that at this level. He's going to need a few moves

Xavier Thomas is ridiculously good.

Sewell is also really good. He has really good technique already and nice lower bend.

Faalele is obviously raw as **** with zero technique. The biggest concern about a guy his size, which was evident in these clips, is his feet stop moving.

Advertisement
Dennis Briggs will need to definitely need to redshirt an improve his strength but the quickness is there.

In those drills he was getting bullied (by Tyrone Sampson Jr and Trey Hill) most of the time once the Olinemen got their hands on, but if he is able to defeat the intial hands engagement he blows by the linemen like a cool breeze. Were as Nesta Silvera was able to bull rush Tyrone Sampson JR.

Coach kool and Coach Gus will mold him into a very good 3 Tech in 2-3 years, if he were to possibly commit to Miami.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Not the best reps for Scaife here, but then again he dominated some of these same guys at the Rivals camp a couple weeks ago.

Advertisement
XT is nasty but Nesta ain't too shabby either...Glad we have him committed to us at the moment...
No disrespect Faalele but he reminds of Ian Simonette...

Nesta's first step is crazy. Combined with obvious natural brute strength and holy **** what a beast! Coach Kool and Felder will be creating the next great one at UM. Gotta believe one of Sandridge, Thompson or Trout looks at Nesta perform and says, "Yeah, we gonna kill it together. I'm going to Miami."

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Back