The Opening OL vs DL 2017

I'm no oline expert but to me that faoule kid from img doesn't look very good.

He shouldn't be there, is the thing. It's absurd that a kid who has never played a snap of football in his life is invited to the opening finals.

Advertisement
If Nesta Silvera doesn't get a fifth star, its an absolute travesty. He is the best DT I have seen in years.

Nesta Silvera absolutely bullied Penei Sewell @ 1:44

The great William Barnes & Richard Gouraige got beat routinely during throughout the series.

I only point it out because yall on here dog John Campbell because of how he does at Camps sometimes & yall swear Barnes/Gouraige are so much better.

So if you put a whole bunch of stock in Camp drills, then there's your dilemma.

Also, just basing off Camp drills, the only OT I've seen that hasn't been beat once is Rasheed Walker, that kid is going to be good.

Daniel Faalele simply doesn't know how to play Tackle, he stands too tall & doesn't have the athletic ability to keep up.

Scaife got swallowed up too! [/I].

LCE I like that Dante Stills kid. I know no shot, but I like guys who are like 6.4 with room to gain good weight. I think he's 275.

Advertisement
If you want to take anything from 1 on 1s today's DEFINITELY will be a better indicator since they will be in pads today

I'm no oline expert but to me that faoule kid from img doesn't look very good.

He shouldn't be there, is the thing. It's absurd that a kid who has never played a snap of football in his life is invited to the opening finals.
Absolutely correct! To me he just looked slow and even when he got his hands on someone he got pushed back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Nesta's first step is crazy. Combined with obvious natural brute strength and holy **** what a beast! Coach Kool and Felder will be creating the next great one at UM. Gotta believe one of Sandridge, Thompson or Trout looks at Nesta perform and says, "Yeah, we gonna kill it together. I'm going to Miami."

Go Canes!
That initial burst & first punch are impeccable, his natural strength is what you see from NFL DT's.

It's something you can't teach, you're either born with it or you just don't have it.

Every other move he'll learn as he progresses on & gets Coached will start from that first step with his natural power.

Advertisement
Why isn't Faale being slotted at DT?

Tim,

Coach Kool prefers a 4-3 scheme where the DTs are in a 3 technique ready and able to get penetration and press the passer. Dennis Briggs is potentially this style of DT after he builds up to 280 lbs or so. Daron Vincent of IMG (Ohio St commit) looked very good as well as a DT. Warren Sapp and Cortez Kennedy epitomize Hall of Fame 3 technique DTs...a very rare breed.

Faalele as a DT would best resemble Mt. Cody, the nose tackle from Alabama 5 years ago in their 3-4 scheme. He couldn't move much, but did clog the middle. Not Kool's style.

Agree with all the comments that Falalele, at 390 lbs, looked terrible in the OL vs DL drills at The Opening. Was consistently off balance and just tried to reach and grab at the defender. Did not engulf the pass rusher with his size. Lousy lateral movement. Not impressive.

Advertisement
Nesta Silvera absolutely bullied Penei Sewell @ 1:44

The great William Barnes & Richard Gouraige got beat routinely during throughout the series.

I only point it out because yall on here dog John Campbell because of how he does at Camps sometimes & yall swear Barnes/Gouraige are so much better.

So if you put a whole bunch of stock in Camp drills, then there's your dilemma.

Also, just basing off Camp drills, the only OT I've seen that hasn't been beat once is Rasheed Walker, that kid is going to be good.

Daniel Faalele simply doesn't know how to play Tackle, he stands too tall & doesn't have the athletic ability to keep up.

Faalele is two years away from being raw lol. I know he's big but he has absolutely no idea what he's doing. His technique is god awful.

Maybe you get something out of him by his Jr year.

Can he play DT?

Silvera is an absolute monster. I can't wait to see what coach Kool does with this kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gouriage looked terrible. People just look at his ranking and want him/assume he's better than Campbell.

Advertisement
Back