The Opening OL vs DL 2017

I wanted Chatfield but I keep hearing that he getting beat like a drum out there.

Silvera need to be a 5 Star, SIMPLE! Dude is dominating everyone and everywhere with only a bull rush move. Can you imagine if Kool gets his hands on him?

There are already multiple reports from Dolphins camps that Charles Harris (Coach Kool former player at Mizzou) already has elite-caliber pass rushing moves as a rookie. Harris was a 2 star recruit now imagine Silvera with the talent he has already. I'm drooling btw.

Advertisement
I'm no oline expert but to me that faoule kid from img doesn't look very good.

He shouldn't be there, is the thing. It's absurd that a kid who has never played a snap of football in his life is invited to the opening finals.

Wonder how much him going to IMG plays into it
It is the only reason he is there.

I actually don't agree with the folks writing him off, either. When you're unsure what you're doing, you react slowly. The kid is huge, and may well become really good. He's just not there now and shouldnt be at the opening finals.

I don't think Silvera is quite a 5 star, but he definitely deserves a high 4 star grade. The DT Vincent from IMG is a monster that's a 5 star.

Advertisement

He shouldn't be there, is the thing. It's absurd that a kid who has never played a snap of football in his life is invited to the opening finals.

Especially when you consider a guy like Cleveland Reed or John Campbell didn't get an invite and are far more deserving.

Scout named Scaife top 10 offensive performer at The Opening.

really calls into question the validity of drawing conclusions based on these clips they put out, because scaife didnt look great in the couple clips they showed. ive noticed this pattern repeatedly(of clips not matching overall performances)

really calls into question the validity of drawing conclusions based on these clips they put out, because scaife didnt look great in the couple clips they showed. ive noticed this pattern repeatedly(of clips not matching overall performances)

Doesn't stop people on this board from making definitive opinions on all the prospects based on super limited camp clips

Advertisement

That happens every year. Ppl really shouldn't overreact to these camp clips...good or bad. We know what we got...a bunch of studs.

247 reports Scaife and Silvera have both looked great today.

Both should be in line for significant rankings boosts. Silvera especially, he looks like one of the best DTs in the country

[TWEET]881950199660240897[/TWEET]

[TWEET]881954466232061952[/TWEET]

No way this kid doesn't get a huge ranking bump

Based on what's been reported, Chatfield has looked really bad, just cant compete against top-level OL.

Maybe, just maybe, Coach Kool was on to something when he decided to pass

[TWEET]881955008765239297[/TWEET]

Last edited:
Advertisement
247 national guy on silvera and scaife.

Nesta Silvera pushes the pocket as well as anyone I've seen here and what I mean by that is he's just routinely pushes the center into what would be the QBs lap, rep after rep after rep. He plays with good pad level and is incredibly strong as he explodes up into the OL. Seems to be a mean guy on the whistle. On film he looks like a high-motor guy. Huge stock up on Silvera this week for me. You can win ballgames against physical football teams with a guy like him.
The reps I've seen from Scaife, I feel like he's been on the winning end more times than not. Nothing ****, just does his job.

Clips are clearly not representative. Anyone who fails to grasp that has a problem with analysis.

That said, Scaife looked good in most of the clips I saw.

Advertisement

Especially when you consider a guy like Cleveland Reed or John Campbell didn't get an invite and are far more deserving.

Not sure campbell merited an invite to the opening finals

Am sure faalele didnt.

Not sure campbell merited an invite to the opening finals

Am sure faalele didnt.

I'm not sure JC did either, but he's still more deserving than Faalele

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back