The Opening Day 3

will be updating with pics on commit/targets as they start coming through

Jaquan Johnson
145.jpg
Gator colors aaaaaaaaaggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

It sickens me to hear that a player of JJ's caliber from down here is favoring the Gators. I don't get how anyone in their right mind would want to play for that team right now with Muffcramps at the helm. I thought JJ had a good head on his shoulders. I know NSD is a long ways away, but this still disappoints me. I anticipated him being the Duke Johnson of this class.

Sickens me as well, but until we win anything of signifigance its going to be this way with certain players. Muschamp is a good defensive-coach, not so much of a head coach, and has a great defensive coaching staff. Simple pitch really, "You can be an All-American and be apart of a good secondary"

Do y'all really not understand that 1. He didn't choose to wear gator colors 2. This is the assigned color given to him and the team he's on for The Opening

Advertisement

Jaquan Johnson
145.jpg

It sickens me to hear that a player of JJ's caliber from down here is favoring the Gators. I don't get how anyone in their right mind would want to play for that team right now with Muffcramps at the helm. I thought JJ had a good head on his shoulders. I know NSD is a long ways away, but this still disappoints me. I anticipated him being the Duke Johnson of this class.

Sickens me as well, but until we win anything of signifigance its going to be this way with certain players. Muschamp is a good defensive-coach, not so much of a head coach, and has a great defensive coaching staff. Simple pitch really, "You can be an All-American and be apart of a good secondary"

Do y'all really not understand that 1. He didn't choose to wear gator colors 2. This is the assigned color given to him and the team he's on for The Opening

Can almost confirm the shadow outline to be Joker Phillips

Jeremy Birmingham @Birm · 48m

I think #Seminoles commit Tyrek Cole is one of the country's least-appreciated cornerbacks. The kid is glue.

Jaquan Johnson
145.jpg

I didn't agree with that part kind sir. I know that those are the colors they wear and could care less what a kid is wearing, unless it has anything to do with the U.

Jaquan Johnson

A lot of people here seemed to anticipate that, so you weren't alone. Goes to show how rare a Duke Johnson-type leader truly is.

It's kind of amazing how this class has played out thus far. Shortly after NSD 2014 passed...

- Ridley and SBB were viewed as heavy Cane leans.
- Jaquan and Irvin were viewed as heavy Cane leans.
- No one thought we had any shot at landing Scarlett.
- Bruce was saying things like "and they wonder why no one wanna play there" about Miami in response to the lateness of our offer to Tarvarus McFadden.

As it turns out, Scarlett commits to Miami at The Opening, says he won't be taking any visits, and wants to be a leader of the class by helping us recruit top local talent. Bruce commits to Miami later that night to join his best friend and wants to spend the next year and a half sending the message that if the top talent in South Florida stayed home, we'd never lose.

Meanwhile, Ridley and SBB committed elsewhere a long time ago and it seems there's increasing skepticism in regards to our chances of landing Jaquan and Irvin.

Shows how much can change in just a few months.

...and we're only in JULY!!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement

Jaquan Johnson

A lot of people here seemed to anticipate that, so you weren't alone. Goes to show how rare a Duke Johnson-type leader truly is.

It's kind of amazing how this class has played out thus far. Shortly after NSD 2014 passed...

- Bruce was saying things like "and they wonder why no one wanna play there" about Miami in response to the lateness of our offer to Tarvarus McFadden.

As it turns out, Scarlett commits to Miami at The Opening, says he won't be taking any visits, and wants to be a leader of the class by helping us recruit top local talent. Bruce commits to Miami later that night to join his best friend and wants to spend the next year and a half sending the message that if the top talent in South Florida stayed home, we'd never lose.

Meanwhile, Ridley and SBB committed elsewhere a long time ago and it seems there's increasing skepticism in regards to our chances of landing Jaquan and Irvin.

What the **** is going on in this conversation? LOL.

Jaquan Johnson said Miami is on the rise, and that Scarlett and Bruce are trying to get him to join.

Advertisement

What the **** is going on in this conversation? LOL.

I'm almost certain the Gators colors comment was just a joke. The rest of the conversation seems pretty understandable.

JJ was considered a "Cane lock." Flashing the U in pre-season All-Dade photos and what not.

Then reports of him being a Gator lean started to trickle out.

SRUback provided examples of how other recruit's situations changed in a matter of a few months.

And pb5cane emphasized that it is still only July.

That about sums it up.

Advertisement
I bet my nut. Jaquan is a Cane. And UF being his leader is a false rumor. He came out before and said he was most impressed with us and that we lead, but it is close.

Tim is coming too.

As for SBB, Ridley, Gibson and Cole. Watch what happens with a good season....

Oh and Scarlett looks like an nfl back already. 5'11" 210 4.3 forty. Kid is a freak. I thought Williams was a freak as it was, Scarlett is a super freak. Expecting that 5 star to come after the opening is done.

By the way, Cole is very underrapareciated. Easily a top cover corner.

Williams catching pass and taking it for a score, nice to see... (RB/WR role like we've been talking of.)

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back