The only good news

It's actually remarkable how little we get out of our baseball program considering the level we recruit at.

A decent manager would be in or on thr cusp of the CWS every year with those classes.
Gino could have went out and gotten a real hitting coach this offseason but he's under no obligation to do anything.

Advertisement
I agree. My guess is we need a Clemson-type destruction. Maybe Mack Brown brings the story full circle.
LMAO it's the perfect full circle situation, he's stuffing Diaz in the locker one last time. That'd be a blessing, who interms? Is the AD gone with Diaz for sure?

I was actually hoping we would miss that kick last night.

Am I wrong?

sorry ups GIF by EnBW

If we make that kick, the perception of the UVA game is completely different. They give the coaching staff credit for rallying the troops and completing a heroic comeback versus the mighty Virginia Cavaliers.
That's exactly how Manny would've spun it...

There is literally zero reason to wait.
I have to believe that waiting only sets the program back further. Why wait for the situation to get uglier? The only thing I can think of is that the decision has essentially already been made to clean house and they are going to give Manny an opportunity to finish the season and then both parties can "part ways." I think Mayor Manny's influence is going to force the administration to extend his boy this professional courtesy.

Advertisement
I was actually hoping we would miss that kick last night.

Am I wrong?

sorry ups GIF by EnBW

If we make that kick, the perception of the UVA game is completely different. They give the coaching staff credit for rallying the troops and completing a heroic comeback versus the mighty Virginia Cavaliers.
I honestly would have been more angry to win that game in such a sloppy fashion than to lose it in the way we did. I have zero anger from the loss which would have been unfathomable to me years ago. I hate it for the kids on the team, but everything that makes the staff and administration look bad is a positive right now.

I have to believe that waiting only sets the program back further. Why wait for the situation to get uglier? The only thing I can think of is that the decision has essentially already been made to clean house and they are going to give Manny an opportunity to finish the season and then both parties can "part ways." I think Mayor Manny's influence is going to force the administration to extend his boy this professional courtesy.
Absolutely.

Keep the pressure on. Fly the ******* banner. Feature Blake and Frenk vs Diaz. We can’t make Diaz the scapegoat. If we can at least get Blake gone, Manny is immediately out.

Larranaga was either Hocutt or Eichorst (can't remember) but Blake has essentially given him a lifetime contract based on winning the ACC almost a decade ago. He should have been taken out to pasture 2 or 3 years ago and I'd imagine he'll be fired or retire if/when a new AD is named.

Hiring DiMare was AD malpractice but he isn't going anywhere and facilities have improved, they recruit at a high level and make the tournament most years so I'm less peeved about baseball as I am about the other two sports.
larranaga was an eichorst hire. the one good thing he did in his tenure here.

Advertisement
We are making it obvious. The crowd, the performance, the record - how can it be more clear?

That stupid, jargon-filled statement from Frenk put the spotlight on his office. Manny is making it easy for him.
Question is, most importantly, who will be the next HC. If it’s the same hire as Manny, we accomplished nothing

When is Frenk's contract up? Honestly didn't even think about that. The academic ranking has also plummeted so there is no reason for him to get extended
not true. USNWR is not the academic authority. their metrics include stuff that will never have a school like Miami ranked high - has nothing to do with actual education.

You fire James and Diaz as early as Monday and signal Miami is now serious about fixing the athletic program. The new AD has no emotional attachment to Larranaga so he has to be on the hot seat as well. Extending him was so Miami. Where was a 68 year old going to go?
Wait.... Blake extended Larranage recently??

Advertisement
No offense but I could give zero sh*ts about our recruiting class
Yeah. Miami has a CONSISTENT record of having OVERRATED incoming recruiting classes! And the results on the field the past nine or ten seasons prove it. That's why I did give much credence to all those star rankings. Heck, their are a lot of current Top 20 teams whom have more than a dozen former three-star talent in their starting lineup, and their teams win on a consistent basis. No, not at the level of the Top 8. But they've done much better than what Miami has shown the past 12 seasons. Peace.

Advertisement
I agree. My guess is we need a Clemson-type destruction. Maybe Mack Brown brings the story full circle.

Let us hope for a night game. I expect a 2015 like drubbing. Sadly, I was there for that game.

Yeah. Miami has a CONSISTENT record of having OVERRATED incoming recruiting classes! And the results on the field the past nine or ten seasons prove it. That's why I did give much credence to all those star rankings. Heck, their are a lot of current Top 20 teams whom have more than a dozen former three-star talent in their starting lineup, and their teams win on a consistent basis. No, not at the level of the Top 8. But they've done much better than what Miami has shown the past 12 seasons. Peace.
I don’t think they are overrated as much as they are under developed. Our players don’t seem to get any better from when they first step foot on campus

A perfect end to Diaz career would be how it was almost derailed the first time. A massacre on the ground by BYU coached by Bronco then getting fired by Mack for such performance. This time around an *** kicking by a less talented Bronco team in UVA and a throttle of an *** kicking by Mack Brown. Think it ends for him the way it started

Advertisement
Back