The Onion moves to Trailerhassee

If he were an FSU player it'd be a different story. Similar to we all knew once Dugans came on board that he'd eventually find his way back home to FSU....man getting his $$$ out here so I understand but i don't like it same way I wasn't feeling the UF move. Can't call urself a Cane and then go out here and actively negative recruit and actively root against the Hurricanes.

This why fans can't be coaches. A lot of people would be salty as fvck if someone they recruiting hard (or a commit) takes an OV to a rival school lol.

Advertisement
How does this prove your point? You said if Shannon was good, he would've gotten hired by Saban or Meyer. And I just listed a bad coach that Saban brought in. I also don't know why people are calling Kirby trash 🤷🏾‍♂️ By this logic Butch is trash. But yeah, he should be a Coordinator at this point in his career or something is wrong...but why take a Coordinator job if you already making Coordinator money? How much you want to bet he leaves FSU after this year lol
I don't think Kirby is trash he's just living in a Saban world like everyone else.

Without reading all the posts, I just have to say this...

"Coach Shannon, we need to come up with a game plan to stop their tight end."

"No. What you want to do is make sure he's wide open so you can focus on stopping other things. Then when they least expect it, call a timeout or three.""

Advertisement
Without reading all the posts, I just have to say this...

"Coach Shannon, we need to come up with a game plan to stop their tight end."

"No. What you want to do is make sure he's wide open so you can focus on stopping other things. Then when they least expect it, call a timeout or three.""
Who cares about all those double digit *** whuppins under Folden and Richt right? Shannon's teams would rule the weak *** coastal today.

Who cares about all those double digit *** whuppins under Folden and Richt right? Shannon's teams would rule the weak *** coastal today.
Yeah, they'd rule the weak ACC Coastal. Except the fact the ACC Coastal has ALWAYS been weak, and Shannon couldn't sniff a Coastal title to save his life.

You know the difference between Golden and Shannon? NO ONE was defending Golden the last two years of his failure. However, some people were defending Shannon to the very end. "Randy Shannon isn't going anywhere! HAHAHAHA!" This after he lost to USF. Come on man. Shannon wasn't winning the Coastal EVER. Golden wouldn't either. Richt actually did.

Yeah, they'd rule the weak ACC Coastal. Except the fact the ACC Coastal has ALWAYS been weak, and Shannon couldn't sniff a Coastal title to save his life.

You know the difference between Golden and Shannon? NO ONE was defending Golden the last two years of his failure. However, some people were defending Shannon to the very end. "Randy Shannon isn't going anywhere! HAHAHAHA!" This after he lost to USF. Come on man. Shannon wasn't winning the Coastal EVER. Golden wouldn't either. Richt actually did.
Shannon never came close to losing to Duke and definitely wouldn't have lost to ONE win Georgia tech teams! The difference between Shannon and Folden is that we knew Folden was garbage by season 2, whereas Shannon just signed an extension the season before he got fired which is why people were saying he wasn't going anywhere. His team finished in the top 20 the season before he got fired remember? And the Coastal definitely wasn't weak during the Shannon era! Go back and look those VA tech and Georgia Tech teams during Shannon's era and compare them to the trash *** coastal teams we're losing to now! Richt got his *** kicked by a 4 win Pitt team despite having the # 2 team in the country, and you trust to dog Shannon? Lol

Advertisement
He is getting 45k this year from FSU

Literally just logged on to come eat my crow. Shocking he is only getting that much, however he's still being paid handsomely from UCF so I'm sure that goes into it. But regardless I was very surprised to see he was only getting $45K.

Wish Radio well. He was a standout UM player and coach.

Didn't work out the way we all wanted, but his success post-Miami doesn't diminish his time in Coral Gables.

Advertisement
Man stop, y'all overrate Butch's recruiting.

Butch didn't land a legit class until 2K when Davenport and those boys came in.

He landed 1 legit class in 2K, before that we were riding with guys like Wayne, Moss, Reed, etc. for a minute...I was like, "Are those guys ever gonna graduate", LOL.

And no, I don't give Butch credit for His evals in the 2K1 class, that was low hanging fruit, and most of those guys would've come here regardless.
Speaking of poor evaluations...

He's a former cane, has a right to work and make a living.
Don't know why so much hate, some here are the type that can't get over ex wives or gfs.
Move on let them be, every single ex cane should be remembered for their good times with the U, after they leave what they do to earn a living and live their lives don't matter.

Advertisement
Shannon never came close to losing to Duke and definitely wouldn't have lost to ONE win Georgia tech teams! The difference between Shannon and Folden is that we knew Folden was garbage by season 2, whereas Shannon just signed an extension the season before he got fired which is why people were saying he wasn't going anywhere. His team finished in the top 20 the season before he got fired remember? And the Coastal definitely wasn't weak during the Shannon era! Go back and look those VA tech and Georgia Tech teams during Shannon's era and compare them to the trash *** coastal teams we're losing to now! Richt got his *** kicked by a 4 win Pitt team despite having the # 2 team in the country, and you trust to dog Shannon? Lol
Dude, it took you to season two to know Shannon was trash? Virginia ring a bell?

No man. People were saying Randy wasn't going anywhere, and laughing about it, and it didn't have a **** thing to do with his extension. Anyone with half a brain, and any shred of honesty knows why a certain few wanted him to stick around.

Dude, it took you to season two to know Shannon was trash? Virginia ring a bell?

No man. People were saying Randy wasn't going anywhere, and laughing about it, and it didn't have a **** thing to do with his extension. Anyone with half a brain, and any shred of honesty knows why a certain few wanted him to stick around.
And why don't you be honest as to why you're claiming Shannon was worse than Folden when even Stevie Wonder can see that's a lie! Had someone told YOU that Shannon would get fired before the start of the 2010 season you would thought they were crazy, especially when he wasn't even on the hot seat! He had us ranked 3 of his 4 years at UM, including a top 20 finish in the bcs in 09. We opened 2010 just outside the top 10. Does that look like a hot seat candidate to you?

Advertisement
Back