The Onion moves to Trailerhassee

Advertisement
It keeps you current in the industry. I'm sure sitting at home for a year would hurt him a lot worse.

His 1040 is still going to show a 7-figure income for 2021, so why should Randy be concerned about who pays him? He's also continuing to accrue a pension with the State of Florida.

Everyone in here needs to chill with the slander.
We have a tremendous list of coaches and players that have gone on to great jobs and had a lot of success in cfb and the nfl.
The **** qb when Shannon was DC is probably going to be a head coach somewhere or at the very least a very good OC.
We don’t have to rehash the Miami hurricanes coaching tree to see that Randy at this point hasn’t been one of them and idk the reason why.
Many of us (including me) were laughing our asses off when Ed O was named the man at LSU. Fortunately for him he has a program who’s booster base is on **** autopilot with buying recruits just like the suckeyes.

The man has the absolute right to get paid wherever he wants.
He hasn’t been able to reproduce the 2000-2004 defenses and it’s not because he can’t coach. Name me one team that had that many freaks of nature get drafted. And on top of that it’s obvious he either doesn’t want to leave the state or has had nobody come after him. Unless your his agent we have no idea who TF has wanted him just like we have no idea if major applewhite fedora, the pirate, coach macho, or paranos were contacted by Diaz.
But to say he’s trash or a traitor is everyone’s right but it’s still fcked up imo.

Advertisement
It keeps you current in the industry. I'm sure sitting at home for a year would hurt him a lot worse.

I guess so. I just thought that position, at minimum, will get something like around $200,000, or at least over 100,000 anyway.

It may be that he had some kind of special arrangement, where he doesn’t even have to go up there except for maybe a couple of times a year or something. $45,000 is not going to cover moving, housing, and the general hassle, at least in my opinion. But yes it does keep him active.

You have to remember, he was making $1 million a year as a coordinator. But I see what you’re saying.

I guess so. I just thought that position, at minimum, will get something like around $200,000, or at least over 100,000 anyway.

It may be that he had some kind of special arrangement, where he doesn’t even have to go up there except for maybe a couple of times a year or something. $45,000 is not going to cover moving, housing, and the general hassle, at least in my opinion. But yes it does keep him active.

You have to remember, he was making $1 million a year as a coordinator. But I see what you’re saying.

Gaytors just hired an ex-coordinator to be a consultant. It's all the rage. Everybody's doin' it, man.

I think this salary arrangement is now socially acceptable. Coaches can now say "fugg it, let the ******** (former employer) pay me" while only needing a small salary and healthcare coverage to take the next job on the rehab trail.

Gaytors just hired an ex-coordinator to be a consultant. It's all the rage. Everybody's doin' it, man.

I think this salary arrangement is now socially acceptable. Coaches can now say "fugg it, let the ******** (former employer) pay me" while only needing a small salary and healthcare coverage to take the next job on the rehab trail.
Yeah, but $45k still sounds low to me.

I doubt that’s the going rate for that position, also, I doubt he has to move up there if it’s that low. This may be a situation where they’re telling him to pick up the phone from his house 10 times a day and call recruits or have recruits call him. I think this is all about recruiting and having a part-time salesman. I don’t know if it has to do anything with analysis, but I’m just guessing here.

Doesn’t matter what your buyout is. I can’t imagine me saying OK I’ll take $45,000 because I’m getting $200,000 a year for five years from my previous employer. The job is worth what it’s worth. Which is why I think this is some kind of part-time gig for that kind of money.

I doubt that’s the going rate for that position, also, I doubt he has to move up there if it’s that low. This may be a situation where they’re telling him to pick up the phone from his house 10 times a day and call recruits or have recruits call him. I think this is all about recruiting and having a part-time salesman. I don’t know if it has to do anything with analysis, but I’m just guessing here.

Doesn’t matter what your buyout is. I can’t imagine me saying OK I’ll take $45,000 because I’m getting $200,000 a year for five years from my previous employer. The job is worth what it’s worth. Which is why I think this is some kind of part-time gig for that kind of money.

You may be entirely correct.

But for humor's sake, please consider that...$45K buys you the largest house in Talla-*******-hassee...$45K is probably all that F$U can afford after all the head coach buyouts...$45K goes a long way in Talla-*******-hassee when you don't have to pay for shrimp at Publix, soda at Burger King, or clothes at Dillards...

Advertisement
I don't mean to derail the thread, but is UM paying Shoop something similar? I'd hope that quality assistants such as Shoop are paid appropriately to entice them to stay as opposed to running for jobs that may pay much, much more.

I don't mean to derail the thread, but is UM paying Shoop something similar? I'd hope that quality assistants such as Shoop are paid appropriately to entice them to stay as opposed to running for jobs that may pay much, much more.

It's not a question of "stay" or "not stay".

If Shoop does well, Manny will likely offer him the DC job (and DC pay) when his prior contract expires.

It's a win-win.

Advertisement

LSU analyst pay from.3 years ago

Jorge Munoz – $70,000
Steve Kragthorpe – $60,000
Brad Kragthorpe – $50,000
Blaine Gautier – $48,500
Donovan Jackson – $30,000

The defensive analysts are:
Kevin Coyle – $70,000
Mark Criner – $70,000
Aaron Schwanz – $70,000
Ronnie Wheat – $76,500
Leon Wright – $50,000

also butch jones was getting paid like 35k when he was an analyst at bama

LSU analyst pay from.3 years ago

Jorge Munoz – $70,000
Steve Kragthorpe – $60,000
Brad Kragthorpe – $50,000
Blaine Gautier – $48,500
Donovan Jackson – $30,000

The defensive analysts are:
Kevin Coyle – $70,000
Mark Criner – $70,000
Aaron Schwanz – $70,000
Ronnie Wheat – $76,500
Leon Wright – $50,000

also butch jones was getting paid like 35k when he was an analyst at bama

Where did you get this from? I’m not saying it’s incorrect, but those seem low to me.

Anyway, I’m surprised how low the pay is, if this is the case.

And by low, I’m talking in comparison to what head coaches or coordinators make in today’s college market. I would’ve thought it would be at least six figures.

I guess they do it just to keep their name out there and to show that they’re employed. ****.

Advertisement
Where did you get this from? I’m not saying it’s incorrect, but those seem low to me.

And by low, I’m talking in comparison to what head coaches or coordinators make in today’s college market. I would’ve thought it would be at least six figures.

I guess they do it just to keep their name out there and to show that they’re employed. ****.
Looks about right . I’ve seen big name analysis getting in the 30 - 40 k range at bama before. That’s why most of the big boy analysts are still getting paid from previous job.

Gonna remember this ...
View attachment 145284

a whole lot longer than this
View attachment 145287

"Of the 25 games Randy Shannon started in his career, the Hurricanes won 24, including a National Championship in 1987. He graduated from the University of Miami with a bachelor's degree in 1988. He was the first member of his family to earn a college degree."

Hope RS goes 0-11-1 as long as he's at Florida State, but he'll always be a Cane to me.

Well said.

saturday down south which they pulled from LSUs release.

this isnt uncommon imo bc normally an analyst role (say shoop) tkae these jobs bc they cant take another full time college job without voiding their buyout. analysts are at will and arent contractual where as coordinators and coaching jobs normally are

Looks about right . I’ve seen big name analysis getting in the 30 - 40 k range at bama before. That’s why most of the big boy analysts are still getting paid from previous job.
shoop here -- still getting paid from michigan and couldnt go on field here or anywhere without losing his michigan money

Advertisement
Back