The Onion moves to Trailerhassee

saturday down south which they pulled from LSUs release.

this isn't uncommon imo bc normally an analyst role (say shoop) take these jobs bc they cant take another full time college job without voiding their buyout. analysts are at will and aren't contractual where as coordinators and coaching jobs normally are

You sure?

I thought they could take another job, but whatever the new job pays, the new jobs salary would be deducted from the old jobs buyout if the old job was paying more..

Didn't that happen when Strong got fired from Texas and took the USF job?...or Taggart from FSU to FAU?

Advertisement
You sure?

I thought they could take another job, but whatever the new job pays, the new jobs salary would be deducted from the old jobs buyout if the old job was paying more..

Didn't that happen when Strong got fired from Texas and took the USF job?...or Taggart from FSU to FAU?
i beleive it depends on the deal. in strongs long horn deal,

His deal with the Longhorns called for UT to still pay him slightly more than $5 million a year in 2017 and '18 but to receive an amount equal to half his annual compensation at any new job he landed during that period.

so i know i thought i read shoop didnt want to go to on field (his DC salary here would likely be higher than his Safeties coahc salary at UMich) due to the money he was owed.

I'm surprised that cesspool up in Tally can afford to pay him 45k. Don't they still owe Willie about 15 mil?

Update, hadn't read the specifics to Taggart's buyout before but they agreed to pay $20 mil worth of buyouts to 3 different schools (USF, Oregon and FSU) all for 2 years of Taggfart. Jesus what a **** show. No wonder they are bargain basement hunting for washed up defensive analysts.

Last edited:
Them **** crossing routes... 🤬

Honor don’t pay fuccin bills. Man’s gotta family to feed.

Yeah, the extra $45K above and beyond the million dollars he is collecting from UCF will make all the difference in feeding his family...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back