The Onion moves to Trailerhassee

how much help did the head man in charge have to do with that? If it was that serious Saban or Meyer would of snatched dude, he isn't that good relax

Didn't Dan Enos get hired by Saban? But regardless, I never said how good he was. I'm just saying he aint trash. You even compared him to Oritos who is ACTUALLY trash. Randy's resume and Accolades as a coach is nowhere near Oritos aka TRASH.

Analyst jobs do not pay well. The analysts who Saban hires are recently fired head coaches who essentially would be working for free regardless of what job they took. (Since they're getting a buyout from their former employer.)

Randy Shannon is getting paid (1 mill) by UCF while holding the analyst position at FSU. His contract with UCF is public. They offered him 1mill annual pay from Feb 2020-2022, with a 100% buyout in case of firing him without cause.

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2021-01-05-at-2.51.50-PM-1068x521.png
    Screen-Shot-2021-01-05-at-2.51.50-PM-1068x521.png
    277 KB · Views: 6
Advertisement
Didn't Dan Enos get hired by Saban? But regardless, I never said how good he was. I'm just saying he aint trash. You even compared him to Oritos who is ACTUALLY trash. Randy's resume and Accolades as a coach is nowhere near Oritos aka TRASH.

Randy Shannon is getting paid (1 mill) by UCF while holding the analyst position at FSU. His contract with UCF is public. They offered him 1mill annual pay from Feb 2020-2022, with a 100% buyout in case of firing him without cause.
Proves my point Dan Enos is trash and he looks good under Saban. That's why guys go there to look good and hood wink the next team to hire them. Dorito is trash as well.....how many coaches leave under Saban and do ****? We think Kirby Smart trash and if he's trash Randy's trash. End of story he isn't good. Is an analyst job good for him yea he just should be a HC or Coordinator unless the HC is a complete savage. But even then with offenses now a simple cover 2 won't cover it.

Randy sucks period he's a nice guy and all good dude but we talking about if he's a good coach. X and Os he's garbage and he doesn't recruit well only one year he did well and the evals were atrocious.

Proves my point Dan Enos is trash and he looks good under Saban. That's why guys go there to look good and hood wink the next team to hire them. Dorito is trash as well.....how many coaches leave under Saban and do ****? We think Kirby Smart trash and if he's trash Randy's trash. End of story he isn't good. Is an analyst job good for him yea he just should be a HC or Coordinator unless the HC is a complete savage. But even then with offenses now a simple cover 2 won't cover it.
Mario and Kiffin come to mind.

Mario and Kiffin come to mind.
Dead *** I'll fuqin take a job with Saban and get hired by the Dallas Cowboys. That's easy.....coaches go there to reboot and restart they will look amazing with those athletes. They are basically Miami 00......reload yearly. Butch made coaches look great and when Coker took over the talent dipped and they looked bad. Simple....people like to make it rocket science to sound smart but it's not. It's college and in cfb the best talent wins 9 out of 10 times.

Advertisement
Former UM legend that bled orange and green for decades(probably still does), now has made stops at both Uf and FSU. The coaching industry is tough. Not sure I could do it

Former legend or not, sure you could...especially IF the mortgage was due.

If I were an unemployed former Miami legend coach and the mortgage was due AND I was a couple of $$ short from getting a fifth of Crown or a fat doobie..... I would even be coaching and leading cheers 😁 on Notre Dame's sideline

Last edited:
how much help did the head man in charge have to do with that?

Man stop, y'all overrate Butch's recruiting.

Butch didn't land a legit class until 2K when Davenport and those boys came in.

He landed 1 legit class in 2K, before that we were riding with guys like Wayne, Moss, Reed, etc. for a minute...I was like, "Are those guys ever gonna graduate", LOL.

And no, I don't give Butch credit for His evals in the 2K1 class, that was low hanging fruit, and most of those guys would've come here regardless.

Advertisement
It's a business. Let's not foget Manny is an FSU grad.
If he were an FSU player it'd be a different story. Similar to we all knew once Dugans came on board that he'd eventually find his way back home to FSU....man getting his $$$ out here so I understand but i don't like it same way I wasn't feeling the UF move. Can't call urself a Cane and then go out here and actively negative recruit and actively root against the Hurricanes.

The chest-thumpers in this thread have me dying.

Like all of you wouldn't go work for the dude who you caught banging your wife if he paid you enough money.

Jerome Brown would slap him LMAOOOOOOO. Some of y'all gotta really hang out on Earth once in a while.
Yeah I'd go....and stay long enough to find a way to bang his wife whole wearing a Dead Presidents mask, record it, and send it to him in the mail about 3 days before the end of my 2 week notice 🤣

If he were an FSU player it'd be a different story. Similar to we all knew once Dugans came on board that he'd eventually find his way back home to FSU....man getting his $$$ out here so I understand but i don't like it same way I wasn't feeling the UF move. Can't call urself a Cane and then go out here and actively negative recruit and actively root against the Hurricanes.
Mark Richt coached and recruited against us for years! It's called making a living! No disrespect but you can't call yourself a Canes fans and root against TRUE Canes for trying to feed their families somewhere other than UM! They're supposed to accept unemployment to please Miami fans lol? Cmom bro.

He landed 1 legit class in 2K, before that we were riding with guys like Wayne, Moss, Reed, etc. for a minute...I was like, "Are those guys ever gonna graduate", LOL.

And no, I don't give Butch credit for His evals in the 2K1 class, that was low hanging fruit, and most of those guys would've come here regardless.

This porst is officially one of the ten most ignorant porsts I have ever read on any UM board.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Won't go up against this nonsense. Agree to disagree....good day sir.

The only fan base that follows the bad coaches off a cliff and shut on the good ones. So strange if u ask me

Won't go up against this nonsense. Agree to disagree....good day sir.

The only fan base that follows the bad coaches off a cliff and shut on the good ones. So strange if u ask me

Randy sucked too, happy now LOL.

The only issue I had was them firing Shannon before the clock struck midnight after year 4, and them keeping Golden around for a 5th year even though He should've been fired after year 4, too.

You guys take this stuff too far. This a grown man in his 50's. You take the best possible job you can get. He's a professional. Mark Richt was a coach in Tallahassee for 10 years!!!

You all need to stop acting childish. This is a business decision.

Advertisement

Sure you can, it's called being a professional.

Coaching 101, you coach the kids or men you've got and you do everything in your power to make them better. Negative recruiting. What did he do or say? Negative recruiting is the truth in most cases and guess what, it's part of every coaches recruiting playbook.

Was he happy seeing our *** get kicked? I doubt that, he's not that kind of guy. If the losses pile up, it could benefit his team on the trail.

How does this prove your point? You said if Shannon was good, he would've gotten hired by Saban or Meyer. And I just listed a bad coach that Saban brought in. I also don't know why people are calling Kirby trash 🤷🏾‍♂️ By this logic Butch is trash. But yeah, he should be a Coordinator at this point in his career or something is wrong...but why take a Coordinator job if you already making Coordinator money? How much you want to bet he leaves FSU after this year lol

Advertisement
Back