The ones that wanted Lane Kiffin

Choo Choo mutha****as

ELKPNyaXYAARcuL.jpg
Not so fast, my friend. You wanted Mario as a moonshot hire IF the school could afford him!

Advertisement
Not so fast, my friend. You wanted Mario as a moonshot hire IF the school could afford him!

What year? I would have preferred him over Diaz in 2018 when Richt retired but Heupel was my top guy given UMs financial situation. In 2021 when rumors were swirling around Diaz getting fired, I was Lane Train all the way. My rationale for even entertaining the idea of Cristobal was that his Columbus Bros might open up their pocketbooks for Cristobal but wouldn't for Lane. Getting money into the program was the needed right long term fix. As bearish as I was on Cristobal, I still had hope that he'd at least beat the good teams with 1 or 2 inexplicable losses (which was his MO at Oregon). I honestly didnt think he'd be this awful.

Advertisement
What year? I would have preferred him over Diaz in 2018 when Richt retired but Heupel was my top guy given UMs financial situation. In 2021 when rumors were swirling around Diaz getting fired, I was Lane Train all the way. My rationale for even entertaining the idea of Cristobal was that his Columbus Bros might open up their pocketbooks for Cristobal but wouldn't for Lane. Getting money into the program was the needed right long term fix. As bearish as I was on Cristobal, I still had hope that he'd at least beat the good teams with 1 or 2 inexplicable losses (which was his MO at Oregon). I honestly didnt think he'd be this awful.
Sep of 2020

Good HC's like Kiffin and Leach will always have losses b/c they're coaching at places Ole Miss and Miss St. Their seasonal nice rides always have an expiration date once they hit $EC play.

Advertisement
My number one was Kiffin and Mario was number two. There's no doubt that he's screwed up some things this season and miscalculated. I still believe he'll be able to turn things around.

Having said all of that, Kiffin had become my #1 because he would've won right away. The winning would've led to strong recruiting and his press conferences would've been second to only the Pirate's.

We'll have a better idea of where we're headed 12 months from now. If we are 2-3 this time next year...yeah, that's not a scenario anyone wants.

This is the part in timeline where 95% of CIS tells you they were never a fan of Mario.

My number one was Kiffin and Mario was number two. There's no doubt that he's screwed up some things this season and miscalculated. I still believe he'll be able to turn things around.

Having said all of that, Kiffin had become my #1 because he would've won right away. The winning would've led to strong recruiting and his press conferences would've been second to only the Pirate's.

We'll have a better idea of where we're headed 12 months from now. If we are 2-3 this time next year...yeah, that's not a scenario anyone wants.
he obviously can turn it around but it will take some shifting in what he believes in to his core. its still early for Mario no matter what.

Advertisement
he obviously can turn it around but it will take some shifting in what he believes in to his core. its still early for Mario no matter what.
Yeah, totally agree. Look, as has been said many times - he is the Cuban Butch. Not a good game day manager, but really good off the field, which will eventually relate to on the field production. Also, the fact that he's gone to a pass heavy O in the light of no run blocking at least shows a willingness to embrace the current realities, which is very important for our future.

I still stand by my original assessment that Kiffin would've had us winning much sooner. However, if Mario can build something to last, and that was always my argument for him, then I can take this another dumpster fire this year, as long as we see 9 wins next season. Man, it's amazing how I've gotten used to lowering my expectations with this team.

Oh well... Ruiz wanted this, so let's hope Mario can get it turned around next year.

Yeah, totally agree. Look, as has been said many times - he is the Cuban Butch. Not a good game day manager, but really good off the field, which will eventually relate to on the field production. Also, the fact that he's gone to a pass heavy O in the light of no run blocking at least shows a willingness to embrace the current realities, which is very important for our future.

I still stand my original assessment that Kiffin would've had us winning much sooner. However, if Mario can build something to last, and that was always my argument for him, then I can take this another dumpster fire this year, as long as we see 9 wins next season. Man, it's amazing how I've gotten used to lowering my expectations with this team.

Oh well... Ruiz wanted this, so let's hope Mario can get it turned around next year.
I think lane coaches circles around Mario. it is what it is. I think Mario is the better recruiter and more likely to stay long term. I will agree that they shifted a bit but still revert back in game and none of it makes any sense.

Lane has actually toned it down in press conferences. He’s readily acknowledged the Lane of the past would say things that the current Lane wouldn’t touch.

Advertisement

If TVD and Garcia are gone next year and Gattis returns, we might as well be looking at a loss the second game of the year (Texas A&M).

A&M, Bama, Arkansas, Miss St. Left. Could be 3-1...could be 1-3. I look forward to either way as it should be great for the board and the heel diggers on both sides.

Advertisement
Back