The ones that wanted Lane Kiffin

Advertisement
Kiffin, Stoops , Freeze, Aranda, Matt Campbell, Matt Rhule, Luke Fickell, Lance Leipold and Kalen Deboer were some names I was very interested in. I really like Leipold and Deboer as bright young coaches. Matt Rhule is a proven winner in college. Matt Campbell is a very good coach who always gets the most out of what he has. Dave Aranda would have been a much better hire. Hugh Freeze can recruit and he runs an exciting offense but the admin wouldn't touch him. Fickell had done a great job at Cincinnati.

We need the type scheming innovative head coach who is used to doing more with less. Ironically however we always get stuck with the stubborn do less with more and run the same boring schemes every week regardless of opponent because it's all about execution not design type of coaches who are stuck in the 90's.

We always get the type that wants to run boring football schemes and keep repeating it over and over waiting for the recruitment of better players to bail him out so he can "out talent" other teams. This never works because he ends up doing the same things schematically he did with his less talented players and opposing coaches scout him, game plan accordingly and out scheme him on game day. Wash Rinse Repeat.

Advertisement
ZomboMeme 25092022055419.jpg

I was one of the ones that wanted Kiffin as my first choice....but it does nothing to talk about this now.

We are in an arranged marriage without a prenup, living in a country where we don't speak the native language, with no family or friends to speak of anywhere nearby. For those keeping track at home, we are stuck for the long term. There are several aspects of the job that Mario does well but ultimately whether or not he pans out here will come down to the choices he makes at coordinator.

There are no excuses since money is no longer apparently an issue. He hand chose Gattis which is already proving to be a mistake. Lets' see what he does from here and how quickly he reacts.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Kiffin and freeze were the guys. What a missed opportunity.
They are both 7-1 this season. Each of their losses were to good teams. Kiffin's loss to LSU and Freeze's loss to Wake Forrest. Both of them coach to their player's strength's and adapt at the flip of a coin. They just want to win and aren't too proud or stubborn to stick with a philosophy that doesn't work.

Advertisement
Back