*******THE OFFICIAL NJSTATEOFMIND OT THREAD*******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
When I saw Rush in Charlotte in 2009, Peart was on a raised platform with 2 drum sets. Halfway through his solo, he and the platform rotates and he begins to wail away on the other. Simply amazing! IMO, best drummer ever.

Yes he has one side as an acoustic set and behind him is an electronic kit. Ive played drums for 25 years and through college on scholarship. Pearts playing is incredible. And to think he took a number of years off and then worked his way back into that playing condition is crazy.

Carter Beauford of Dave Matthews Band is my other favorite. I played with a DMB tribute band on Long Island for a few years...and his drum parts are incredible.

Last edited:
Yes he has one side as an acoustic set and behind him is an electronic kit. Ive played drums for 25 years and through college on scholarship. Pearts playing is incredible. And to think he took a number of years off and then worked his way back into that playing condition is crazy.

Carter Beauford of Dave Matthews Band is my other favorite. I played with a DMB tribute band on Long Island for a favorite years...and his drum parts are incredible.
That's cool! Drums are my favorite instrument. I have a cousin who's played bass in "house" bands in Dade in Broward counties for over 40 years.

Advertisement
Give me the Late Terry Kath (Chicago) 8 days a week....Without question, the most underrated Guitarist ever....In 1969 Jimi Hendrix walked backstage after a Chicago Transit Authority Concert, walked up to Kath and told him he's the best he ever heard....Kinda tells ya all you need to know...
Tragic how Terry died. Chicago was never the same afterwards.

Carter Beauford of Dave Matthews Band is my other favorite. I played with a DMB tribute band on Long Island for a favorite years...and his drum parts are incredible.
My ex wife knew him and them when they started out. She went to UVA. I think they used to play a place called Tracks back then. From when I was an undergrad in DC, I remember a place called Tracks. Kenneth would've loved it.

M
My ex wife knew him and them when they started out. She went to UVA. I think they used to play a place called Tracks back then. From when I was an undergrad in DC, I remember a place called Tracks. Kenneth would've loved it.

Yea but it was spelled the cool way...Trax lol

Wow. I dont think he owns it anymore but he started out working at a deli on Miami Beach. I went to BagelWorks a few times when I would be up in Boca and he did a great job there. If I recall, I think you are out in San Diego so this probably won't be relevant but if you are ever in Virginia Beach, hit Route 58 deli. It's awesome.

Yeah there's definitely new ownership there and I've never been to VA but always love a good deli so will keep it in mind.

See you in the gameday thread for the weekly commiseration, sarcasm, and Richt bashing

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back