*******THE OFFICIAL NJSTATEOFMIND OT THREAD*******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I wouldn't know where to start....My Top 10 would be...
1 Pink Floyd 1977
2 Aerosmith and Ted Nugent 1978
3 Thin Lizzy and April Wine 1978
4 Cameo and Morris Day (no Time) 1986
5 Yes 1979
6 Lynryd Skynyrd 1977 (last concert in Fl ever)
7 Genesis 1983
8 Bad Company, & Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush
9 Def Leopard & RATT 1986
10 Frampton 1977
You saw Lynyrd Skynyrd. I am a jealous man

“With the heat we got now, you want to play World War 2 in the streets with Van Zant?”

Last edited:
Advertisement
Seen Chicago about a dozen times over a 40 year period. First time was at the Sunrise Music Theater in 1979.
Allman Brothers, Doobie Brothers, and Lynyrd Skynyrd in the Orange Bowl around 1978 in August. Never sweat so much in my life!
Jimmy Buffet at Miami Marine Staduim around 1980. You could sit in the stands or bring your boat in from the entrance to the racing area. Bikinis everywhere. Seen him several other times at different venues.
Yes - Charlotte Amphitheatre
Rush - Charlotte Amphitheatre - loudest concert I've ever been to.
Journey w/Steve Perry - Nashville Amphitheater 2001
Michael McDonald - my favorite singer - Greeneville, TN 2011 in a 1100 seat venue. Absolutely awesome!
Just a few of the highlights.

Seen Chicago about a dozen times over a 40 year period. First time was at the Sunrise Music Theater in 1979.
Allman Brothers, Doobie Brothers, and Lynyrd Skynyrd in the Orange Bowl around 1978 in August. Never sweat so much in my life!
Jimmy Buffet at Miami Marine Staduim around 1980. You could sit in the stands or bring your boat in from the entrance to the racing area. Bikinis everywhere. Seen him several other times at different venues.
Yes - Charlotte Amphitheatre
Rush - Charlotte Amphitheatre - loudest concert I've ever been to.
Journey w/Steve Perry - Nashville Amphitheater 2001
Michael McDonald - my favorite singer - Greeneville, TN 2011 in a 1100 seat venue. Absolutely awesome!
Just a few of the highlights.

I wish I could see Journey with Perry singing. Must have been awesome.

Advertisement
75AD2A5A-E583-4E5A-9EAC-5422AC08A45C.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
If that was the one by the turnpike on Glade Road, i knew the guy that opened it and i was friends with one of his kids. He grew up on Miami Beach with Mother RVA.

Yup that's the place. Must stop whenever I go back.

I’ve always said if I had a time machine, the first thing I’d do is go see skynyrd in 77. My favorite band lineup
I saw alot of Great Guitarists Live...The two Best Twin Lead Guitar bands I saw were Skynryd and Thin Lizzy...Rossington/Collins....Gorman/Robertson.....Best Solo Lead Guitarist would be take your pick...But what I saw Eddie Van Halen do from 30ft away in 79 will always stick with me...
Same Goes for Neil Peart (drums)of Rush in 79 (2112 Tour)....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back