*******THE OFFICIAL NJSTATEOFMIND OT THREAD*******

Status
Not open for further replies.
8d269227-9c3e-483e-a81b-139c62c056e7-640x372.jpg

Advertisement
Give me the Late Terry Kath (Chicago) 8 days a week....Without question, the most underrated Guitarist ever....In 1969 Jimi Hendrix walked backstage after a Chicago Transit Authority Concert, walked up to Kath and told him he's the best he ever heard....Kinda tells ya all you need to know...

Yup that's the place. Must stop whenever I go back.
Wow. I dont think he owns it anymore but he started out working at a deli on Miami Beach. I went to BagelWorks a few times when I would be up in Boca and he did a great job there. If I recall, I think you are out in San Diego so this probably won't be relevant but if you are ever in Virginia Beach, hit Route 58 deli. It's awesome.

Advertisement
I wish I could see Journey with Perry singing. Must have been awesome.
Saw it in high school at the Hollywood Sportatorium when they had that massive album with Open Arms and Separate Ways i think... Girls were flashing their upper extremities and my friend and i were getting groped by these spandex chicks. Young RVA said hmmm me likes this.

I saw alot of Great Guitarists Live...The two Best Twin Lead Guitar bands I saw were Skynryd and Thin Lizzy...Rossington/Collins....Gorman/Robertson.....Best Solo Lead Guitarist would be take your pick...But what I saw Eddie Van Halen do from 30ft away in 79 will always stick with me...
Same Goes for Neil Peart (drums)of Rush in 79 (2112 Tour)....
I've see Eddie a bunch of times and he was just sick. Had first row floor for Rush and the only thing blocking my view of Neil Pert was Alex Leifson's guitar. Pert was unreal. The thing about Rush though is it's all dudes and like 3 girls at their shows. I am lucky enough to have seen Queen with Freddie Mercury at MSG. He was the GOAT... Kenneth would've loved him some Queen.

Advertisement
I've see Eddie a bunch of times and he was just sick. Had first row floor for Rush and the only thing blocking my view of Neil Pert was Alex Leifson's guitar. Pert was unreal. The thing about Rush though is it's all dudes and like 3 girls at their shows. I am lucky enough to have seen Queen with Freddie Mercury at MSG. He was the GOAT... Kenneth would've loved him some Queen.
You should have seen Yes's stage show in 79...EPIC....

Advertisement
Saw it in high school at the Hollywood Sportatorium when they had that massive album with Open Arms and Separate Ways i think... Girls were flashing their upper extremities and my friend and i were getting groped by these spandex chicks. Young RVA said hmmm me likes this.
I bet current RVA would say the same thing.

I wish I could see Journey with Perry singing. Must have been awesome.
Perry has a new solo album out that can be purchased on his website.

He's one of my favorites. The guy they have now - Arnel Pineda from Singapore no less- is pretty good but doesn't have quite the range.

Advertisement
Perry has a new solo album out that can be purchased on his website.

He's one of my favorites. The guy they have now - Arnel Pineda from Singapore no less- is pretty good but doesn't have quite the range.
Is he another lead singer they have now? I remember them coming back with the guy from the Phillipines and I thought he was really good.

I saw alot of Great Guitarists Live...The two Best Twin Lead Guitar bands I saw were Skynryd, and Thin Lizzy...Rossington/Collins....Gorman/Robertson.....Best Solo Lead Guitarist would be take your pick...But what I saw Eddie Van Halen do from 30ft away in 79 will always stick with me...
Same Goes for Neil Peart (drums)of Rush in 79 (2112 Tour)....
When I saw Rush in Charlotte in 2009, Peart was on a raised platform with 2 drum sets. Halfway through his solo, he and the platform rotates and he begins to wail away on the other. Simply amazing! IMO, best drummer ever.

When we saw Rush in Charlotte in 2009, they were LOUD. My wife was not a happy camper. No one sat down the entire 2-1/2 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back