The official board of angry patrons versus Jagr thread

Advertisement
We do a great job of finding kids from several states, and then none of the schools in the Big 3 states have several kids from out of state.

You're easy to confuse.

Jagr: Most of the top baseball programs do a great job of finding kids from several states.

Andy: As do we.

Also Andy: The top programs in the big 3 talent states simply do not have that many kids from other states.

Thank you for the blowout win.

I stand corrected. I did reply to your post that way.

Still aren't mutually exclusive.

The facts are in complete opposition to your claims.

It's pathetic how much you have to claim false victories just to keep your self-esteem up after all of the beatings.

We do a great job of finding kids from several states, and then none of the schools in the Big 3 states have several kids from out of state.

You're easy to confuse.

This is what I mean.

You get pummeled on the facts and then you just cling to semantics that don't even say what you think they say.

There's no contradiction at all here.

Georgia Tech, the program with 0 titles and no CWS appearances since 2006. Thank you for proving my point, again.

Advertisement
Georgia Tech, the program with 0 titles and no CWS appearances since 2006. Thank you for proving my point, again.

And UCLA (national championship), Texas (6 national championships), Florida (national championship), etc.

I can't remember the last time you made a true statement.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Georgia Tech being a mediocre, title-less baseball program is absolutely relevant to the claim that their recruiting philosophy is one to emulate.

Most of the top baseball programs do a great job of finding kids from several states. If the new narrative is that we're too poor to do anything, just tell us to lower the standard and stop expecting to compete for championships.

You are such a vague bullsh!te artist, it's not even amusing.

Just look at this nonsense: "most of the top baseball programs do a great job of finding kids from several states". What a load of ripe horseh!te. How many "top baseball programs" are you considering? Name the ones who make up your "most" (greater than 50%) claim. More specifically, NAME THESE PROGRAMS, which was my original request of you.

You can't. You won't.

And the narrative is NOT that Miami is too poor, but that EVERYONE is too poor. NOBODY in Division I college baseball "recruits nationally". EVERYONE in Division I baseball is poor. Baseball is not a "revenue sport" like basketball and football. There is no national Division I baseball TV contract (and associated revenue). There is barely any merchandise. The gate revenue is nearly non-existent. The HIGHEST PAID Division I baseball coaches barely break a million per year (and there's only a few), while nearly every Power 5 football and basketball head coach has a multi-million dollar salary And, as I pointed out, beyond the head baseball coach, there are only TWO OTHER salaried baseball coaches. This is not a UM issue, this is a college baseball issue.

And to top it off, Peter Gibbons cited MULTIPLE "top baseball programs" that have 5 or fewer out-of-state players (since you **** all over UM's 4 out-of-state players), but you chose to debate semantic details rather than to admit that your whole "most of the top baseball programs do a great job of finding kids from several states" was just a false and vague claim that you pulled out of your ******.

The sad truth is that there is not enough manpower or money at ANY PROGRAM in Division I college baseball to "recruit nationally". But you are too stubborn to admit that. You continue to hold UM up to a false and illusory comparison to some mythical "top baseball programs" that "recruit nationally", when there are precisely zero schools that fit that profile.

So stop claiming your fake debate wins and find a less-trafficked board on which to spew your nonsense and lies.

Just look at this nonsense: "most of the top baseball programs do a great job of finding kids from several states". What a load of ripe horseh!te. How many "top baseball programs" are you considering? Name the ones who make up your "most" (greater than 50%) claim. More specifically, NAME THESE PROGRAMS, which was my original request of you.

You can't. You won't.

And the narrative is NOT that Miami is too poor, but that EVERYONE is too poor. NOBODY in Division I college baseball "recruits nationally". EVERYONE in Division I baseball is poor. Baseball is not a "revenue sport" like basketball and football. There is no national Division I baseball TV contract (and associated revenue). There is barely any merchandise. The gate revenue is nearly non-existent. The HIGHEST PAID Division I baseball coaches barely break a million per year (and there's only a few), while nearly every Power 5 football and basketball head coach has a multi-million dollar salary And, as I pointed out, beyond the head baseball coach, there are only TWO OTHER salaried baseball coaches. This is not a UM issue, this is a college baseball issue.

And to top it off, Peter Gibbons cited MULTIPLE "top baseball programs" that have 5 or fewer out-of-state players (since you **** all over UM's 4 out-of-state players), but you chose to debate semantic details rather than to admit that your whole "most of the top baseball programs do a great job of finding kids from several states" was just a false and vague claim that you pulled out of your ******.

The sad truth is that there is not enough manpower or money at ANY PROGRAM in Division I college baseball to "recruit nationally". But you are too stubborn to admit that. You continue to hold UM up to a false and illusory comparison to some mythical "top baseball programs" that "recruit nationally", when there are precisely zero schools that fit that profile.

So stop claiming your fake debate wins and find a less-trafficked board on which to spew your nonsense and lies.

No one in college baseball recruits nationally? No one?

Vanderbilt has players from 14 different states and Canada. Those states include California, Washington, Texas, Florida, New Jersey, Michigan, none of which sit right outside Nashville, if you haven't heard.

Now go away.

You can't. You won't.

No one in college baseball recruits nationally? No one?

Stanford has players from ten states, including five from Georgia. They get kids from GA, FL, TEX, MICH, COL, etc.

Strike two.

Advertisement
Back