The official board of angry patrons versus Jagr thread

You are such a vague bullsh!te artist, it's not even amusing.

Just look at this nonsense: "most of the top baseball programs do a great job of finding kids from several states". What a load of ripe horseh!te. How many "top baseball programs" are you considering? Name the ones who make up your "most" (greater than 50%) claim. More specifically, NAME THESE PROGRAMS, which was my original request of you.

You can't. You won't.

And the narrative is NOT that Miami is too poor, but that EVERYONE is too poor. NOBODY in Division I college baseball "recruits nationally". EVERYONE in Division I baseball is poor. Baseball is not a "revenue sport" like basketball and football. There is no national Division I baseball TV contract (and associated revenue). There is barely any merchandise. The gate revenue is nearly non-existent. The HIGHEST PAID Division I baseball coaches barely break a million per year (and there's only a few), while nearly every Power 5 football and basketball head coach has a multi-million dollar salary And, as I pointed out, beyond the head baseball coach, there are only TWO OTHER salaried baseball coaches. This is not a UM issue, this is a college baseball issue.

And to top it off, Peter Gibbons cited MULTIPLE "top baseball programs" that have 5 or fewer out-of-state players (since you **** all over UM's 4 out-of-state players), but you chose to debate semantic details rather than to admit that your whole "most of the top baseball programs do a great job of finding kids from several states" was just a false and vague claim that you pulled out of your ******.

The sad truth is that there is not enough manpower or money at ANY PROGRAM in Division I college baseball to "recruit nationally". But you are too stubborn to admit that. You continue to hold UM up to a false and illusory comparison to some mythical "top baseball programs" that "recruit nationally", when there are precisely zero schools that fit that profile.

So stop claiming your fake debate wins and find a less-trafficked board on which to spew your nonsense and lies.

No one in college baseball recruits nationally? No one?

North Carolina has 21 out of state players, including guys from Arizona, California, Minnesota, New Jersey, and Washington.

Strike three. Looking.

Advertisement
NOBODY in Division I college baseball "recruits nationally".

The sad truth is that there is not enough manpower or money at ANY PROGRAM in Division I college baseball to "recruit nationally".

You continue to hold UM up to a false and illusory comparison to some mythical "top baseball programs" that "recruit nationally", when there are precisely zero schools that fit that profile.

Pure gold.

Stanford: 16 players from California, 17 players from 9 other states, spanning the nation.

But NOBODY in Division I college baseball "recruits nationally".

That made my day.

Vanderbilt has players from 14 different states and Canada. Those states include California, Washington, Texas, Florida, New Jersey, Michigan, none of which sit right outside Nashville, if you haven't heard.

Now go away.

Wow, you found ONE example. Does "Vanderbilt" constitute "most of the top college baseball programs"? Vandy may be good now, but they have exactly 1 national championship in their history. Miami has 4.

Again, Nashville is centrally-located. Texas, Florida, and Michigan are not that far away from Nashville. And, as I pointed out earlier, VANDERBILT IS AN AMAZINGLY HIGH-RATED SCHOOL. If a kid can get into Vanderbilt for baseball, and his family has to pay 60 or 70 percent of his tuition (and can afford to do so), then the kid is going to Vandy.

Finally, as per usual, you do nothing to deal with the context. For example, if Rhode Island had the best college baseball program in the country, by obvious default most of their players would come from out-of-state. That doesn't mean they "recruit nationally". Schools in Florida, Texas, and California are in some of the richest talent states. Why do they have to recruit Michigan and Washington players? Just for appearances?

Tennessee is NOT one of the most talented states for high school baseball. Vandy is going to have to stretch a bit to fill the roster. But that does NOT mean that they "recruit nationally", at least not in the same way that term is used in college football or college basketball. And, yes, if I had to write a check for part of my own kid's tuition, and Vandy was the best school he got into, I would have no problem with him choosing Vandy over any other Florida school (except UM, my alma mater).

And for the record, my high school has produced more MLB players all-time than any other high school in America, with one former player on Vandy's roster. So maybe Miami should spend more time scouting my high school. But I digress.

So I guess we can boil Jagr's argument down to "Miami should be like Vanderbilt".

Because that's all he has.

Stanford: 16 players from California, 17 players from 9 other states, spanning the nation.

But NOBODY in Division I college baseball "recruits nationally".

That made my day.

You are such a dope.

Everyone in the country would pay to send their kids to Stanford, assuming they could get in. Which becomes much easier when you are a student-athlete.

Ask Aunt Becky.

If you honestly believe that Stanford and Vandy have to work hard to line up 3 or 4 guys each year who will pay 70% of their tuition, you are insane.

"Recruiting" and "signing" are two different things.

Most out-of-state baseball recruits contact the schools that they want to contact. NOBODY, not even Vandy or Stanford, are out there "recruiting nationally". Nobody. I know how the system operates. Even the top baseball players usually have to make first contact with out-of-state colleges, in order to express interest and let the schools know they want to be recruited.

But I am happy to see that you finally got off your lazy **** and started looking up the rosters of other schools, rather than just making up fake claims like "most top college baseball programs recruit nationally".

Nobody recruits nationally. Nobody. Though a few schools are so got-damm good academically that Mommies and Daddies will gladly cut the check for tuition rather than have their baseball-playing sons go to "in-state-U".

Advertisement
So "NOBODY RECRUITS NATIONALLY"....except those stupid examples that Jagr came up with. NOBODY. NOBODY RECRUITS NATIONALLY.

Vanderbilt has players from 14 different states and Canada. Those states include California, Washington, Texas, Florida, New Jersey, Michigan, none of which sit right outside Nashville, if you haven't heard.

Now go away.

Again, elite private school in low-talent state.

But Vanderbilt...!

Stanford has players from ten states, including five from Georgia. They get kids from GA, FL, TEX, MICH, COL, etc.

Strike two.

Elite private school in lower-talent part of state.

And they haven't reached Omaha since 2008. Should we really be emulating their recruiting strategy, Jagr?

Come on.

Advertisement
You are such a dope.

Everyone in the country would pay to send their kids to Stanford, assuming they could get in. Which becomes much easier when you are a student-athlete.

Ask Aunt Becky.

If you honestly believe that Stanford and Vandy have to work hard to line up 3 or 4 guys each year who will pay 70% of their tuition, you are insane.

"Recruiting" and "signing" are two different things.

Most out-of-state baseball recruits contact the schools that they want to contact. NOBODY, not even Vandy or Stanford, are out there "recruiting nationally". Nobody. I know how the system operates. Even the top baseball players usually have to make first contact with out-of-state colleges, in order to express interest and let the schools know they want to be recruited.

But I am happy to see that you finally got off your lazy **** and started looking up the rosters of other schools, rather than just making up fake claims like "most top college baseball programs recruit nationally".

Nobody recruits nationally. Nobody. Though a few schools are so got-damm good academically that Mommies and Daddies will gladly cut the check for tuition rather than have their baseball-playing sons go to "in-state-U".

Gnome is a dope. He swore he would leave the Baseball Board if Chip Kelly turned up at UCLA, and alas he remains. He is a compulsive liar.

How can anyone who is truly a fan be disappointed with this season. Youngest top-40 team in the country and a #6 recruiting class on the way......... Football would kill to have baseball's record during the "down years".

You have to be a real moron to not comprehend the colossal disadvantage that UM faces due to being a private school. [Look up Operation Vanderbilt. That school can pretty much a give full ride to every athlete that it recruits. ]

Gnome is a dope. He swore he would leave the Baseball Board if Chip Kelly turned up at UCLA, and alas he remains. He is a compulsive liar.

How can anyone who is truly a fan be disappointed with this season. Youngest top-40 team in the country and a #6 recruiting class on the way......... Football would kill to have baseball's record during the "down years".

You have to be a real moron to not comprehend the colossal disadvantage that UM faces due to being a private school. [Look up Operation Vanderbilt. That school can pretty much a give full ride to every athlete that it recruits. ]

Tell us more about that Bright Lights scholarship that UM students can't get.

Advertisement
So "NOBODY RECRUITS NATIONALLY"....except those stupid examples that Jagr came up with. NOBODY. NOBODY RECRUITS NATIONALLY.

Once again..."recruits" and "signs" are different words.

Vanderbilt is not recruiting nationally. Stanford is not recruiting nationally. Neither program has the resources to do so.

But, sure, they sign a few out-of-state baseball players who have parents with money to spend on private schools.

Big deal.

I'm still right, you're still brain-dead.

Then you don't understand what recruiting is. Those guys aren't sitting back waiting for kids to call them. Like I said, all three of those programs are in Jupiter every single year.

You actually believe that five kids in freaking Georgia contacted Stanford out of the blue.

Advertisement
Here's your theory: Vanderbilt is really just recruiting the greater Nashville area. But then all of these kids start contacting them. Kids in Illinois, and California, and Washington. And since they don't have the resources to leave the state, they're just watching a video and then sending a letter of intent.

And in doing this, they have one of the top programs in the country.

Sell crazy someplace else.

Bottom line: there are smart, blue-chip, financially stable baseball families that are willing to attend an out of state university. But we're good just recruiting south Florida.

Clown boy 1: NOBODY RECRUITS NATIONALLY

Jagr: Vanderbilt does.

Clown boy 2: YEAH VANDERBILT DOES ONLY BECAUSE.......

Jagr: Okay, so someone recruits nationally. Like I said.

Then you don't understand what recruiting is. Those guys aren't sitting back waiting for kids to call them. Like I said, all three of those programs are in Jupiter every single year.

You actually believe that five kids in freaking Georgia contacted Stanford out of the blue.

Oh, good lord, you are fixated on Stanford now.

Take a look at that roster. Notice anything? Yeah, that entire roster has parents who are paying for their sons to go to Stanford.

And your point about "five kids in freaking Georgia"? Are you kidding me? Every one of those five kids is from Atlanta. One of my best friends is a tax partner for a Top 10 accounting firm in Atlanta and has 3 kids who have been Division I recruited student-athletes. There are a TON of very talented student-athletes who grow up in Atlanta and many of them from wealthy families. There are a ton of retired athletes who live in Atlanta, and their kids have options.

So, without providing ANY evidence of how Stanford "nationally recruited" these 5 IMPOSSIBLE-to-find baseball players from Atlanta, you are acting as if this is some PROOF that Stanford "recruits nationally". When they don't.

Oh, but they go to "Jupiter". Which, of course, would be impossible for UM. We never go. We shun Jupiter. Because you say so.

Going to "Jupiter" isn't "recruiting nationally". Signing kids from Atlanta whose fathers would give their left nuts to get their sons into Stanford isn't "recruiting nationally".

Again, congrats for googling a couple of college baseball rosters. Now, let's establish your denominator (number of "top college baseball programs") and your numerator (number of "top college baseball programs" that "recruit nationally"). Show your math.

Advertisement
Back