The official board of angry patrons versus Jagr thread

Clown boy 1: NOBODY RECRUITS NATIONALLY

Jagr: Vanderbilt does.

Clown boy 2: YEAH VANDERBILT DOES ONLY BECAUSE.......

Jagr: Okay, so someone recruits nationally. Like I said.

Vanderbilt does not "recruit nationally".

Finding a couple of non-Tennessee kids on their roster does not constitute "recruiting nationally".

You're a liar, and everyone knows it.

Kids from across the country want to go to Harvard. That doesn't mean that Harvard "recruits nationally". Harvard is prestigious. That's all they need.

Seriously. Analyze each and every single Ivy League baseball roster. I'll bet that you find a bunch of "out-of-state" players.

BUT NOT BECAUSE THE IVY LEAGUE RECRUITS NATIONALLY.

They don't. Nobody does.

Advertisement
So Stanford, which is in California, showing up on the biggest recruiting stage.......in Florida.......isn't evidence that they recruit nationally.

Vanderbilt does not "recruit nationally".

Finding a couple of non-Tennessee kids on their roster does not constitute "recruiting nationally".

You're a liar, and everyone knows it.

Kids from across the country want to go to Harvard. That doesn't mean that Harvard "recruits nationally". Harvard is prestigious. That's all they need.

Seriously. Analyze each and every single Ivy League baseball roster. I'll bet that you find a bunch of "out-of-state" players.

BUT NOT BECAUSE THE IVY LEAGUE RECRUITS NATIONALLY.

They don't. Nobody does.

A couple of non-Tennessee kids? THEY HAVE 29 NON-TENNESSEE KIDS. They have 11 Tennessee kids.

The fact that you turned "29" into "a couple" is proof that I have curb-stomped you beyond recognition. You can't even create believable narratives.

By the way, Harvard absolutely recruits nationally. They are at every high-level college fair in the country. Do you really not know this?

Now I'm intrigued by the stupidity. Andrew won't jump in because he would have to agree with me, but he can tell you that colleges all across America, including Harvard, send reps to St Thomas Aquinas to recruit students.

OK, let's see if we can try something different.

Coastal Carolina - 2016 College Baseball national champions. Not a prestigious school. Not a big school. A directional state school near the NC-SC border. Certainly not a school with money from football or basketball. No local TV contract worth a plugged nickel.

29 players on the roster. Without knowing what % scholarship each kid got (and thus who was more heavily recruited, or who might be a walk-on), here is the breakdown.

12 players from SC/NC.
5 players from FL/GA.
3 players from TN/VA.

Oh, but they had 1 from New York, 1 from Delaware, 1 from Oklahoma, 1 from Illinois, 1 from Ohio, 1 from Michigan, and THREE from Pennsylvania.

Therefore, this must be PROOF that Coastal Carolina "recruits nationally". Or goes to "Jupiter". Or whatever other vague fact PROVES the "recruits nationally" myth.

So even though 20 of 29 players come from nearly-contiguous Southern states, the presence of 9 other players PROVES "recruits nationally" by your insanely vague standards.

Even though we know, WE KNOW, that Coastal Carolina doesn't have the resources or ability or reputation to "recruit nationally".

Nobody recruits nationally. Super-prestigious schools have an advantage when wealthy kids and their parents can afford to pay private school tuition.

But, hey, Miami should just BE LIKE Stanford and Vanderbilt. Merely by trying and willing it to be so. We can JUST DO IT, without any effort. We just need to "go to Jupiter". That's all it takes, and then we will be Stanford and Vanderbilt.

Advertisement
A couple of non-Tennessee kids? THEY HAVE 29 NON-TENNESSEE KIDS. They have 11 Tennessee kids.

The fact that you turned "29" into "a couple" is proof that I have curb-stomped you beyond recognition. You can't even create believable narratives.

By the way, Harvard absolutely recruits nationally. They are at every high-level college fair in the country. Do you really not know this?

Hilarious.

Here is the proof that you are a stupid person.

The MAXIMUM number of scholarship baseball players allowed is 27. That means that THIRTEEN of the guys photographed on the Vanderbilt roster have parents paying 100% of their tuition to go to Vanderbilt. Also known as WALK-ONS.

By the way, the MAXIMUM roster size is 35. So I don't have any idea who the extra 5 guys are. Sons of big boosters?

But, sure, those 29 out-of-state kids were all recruited and put on scholarship, right? Because your ability to count PROVES that Vanderbilt recruits nationally, right?

Vanderbilt has over 34,000 freshman applicants. They have only 6,800 undergrads (so, what, they accept between 1,500 and 2,000 freshmen per year?) and 67% of the Vanderbilt student body comes from outside the South (which is about 13 southern states).

As for Harvard and other Ivy League schools, this discussion is about student-athletes. Those schools will have student bodies made up of students from across the country, but that does not mean they are "recruiting nationally", as that term is properly used in an athletics context.

High school recruiting fairs. That's what your argument has devolved to.

But, hey, keep yapping about that impossible 40-man Vanderbilt roster.

It kills you that it took me ten minutes to find three top baseball schools that recruit nationally.

Remind me again how 29 = “a couple”.

Now I'm intrigued by the stupidity. Andrew won't jump in because he would have to agree with me, but he can tell you that colleges all across America, including Harvard, send reps to St Thomas Aquinas to recruit students.

Yeah, you just keep jumping around to irrelevant points, as if you have actually accomplished something.

Baseball programs have 3 salaried coaches.

Admissions Offices are MUCH larger than that.

There is a difference.

And you still haven't even acknowledged how the wealthy in America like to utilize athletics to get their kids into prestigious schools. As they gladly write checks for the entire cost of tuition.

Anyone with a moderately-talented baseball-playing son who can get into Vandy or Stanford will be happy to pay the tuition.

So Stanford, which is in California, showing up on the biggest recruiting stage.......in Florida.......isn't evidence that they recruit nationally.

So you think that the hicks in Florida have never heard of, how you say, Stanford?

Seriously, look at those pictures on the Stanford roster. Just look. Hmmm, any patterns?

And, for the record, 33 people on that roster. 6 walk-ons.

So without going insane, let's look at where this "national recruiting" Stanford team draws its talent. The real talent, not the walk-ons. I looked at the 3 games they just played against #1 UCLA. I looked at the 9 non-pitchers (all of whom played in all 3 games), the catcher, the 4 infielders, the 3 outfielders, and the designated hitter.

3 from California (1B, 3B, CF)
2 from Oregon (SS, DH)
1 each from Arizona, Nevada, and Colorado (RF, LF, C)
1 from...GEORGIA (2B)

Wow, that's some powerhouse "national recruiting". All but one from the western/PAC-12 states.

Not a single non-pitcher starter from Florida. But you're yapping about Florida as if we just PROVED that Stanford "recruits nationally".

Advertisement
So now you have to be a starting position player to be recruited.

Sure thing, DannyBoy.

This is what you do. You just make ****e up.

27 players on scholarship, not all are starters. You just look at names on a roster (many of whom are walk-ons) and I chose to focus on starters. 8 of 9 starting non-pitchers are from the west coast. If you want to do a deeper dive, go for it, but it's pretty obvious that the core roster is made up of west-coasters, supplemented by some wealthy walk-ons from around the country.

Advertisement
This is what you do. You just make ****e up.

27 players on scholarship, not all are starters. You just look at names on a roster (many of whom are walk-ons) and I chose to focus on starters. 8 of 9 starting non-pitchers are from the west coast. If you want to do a deeper dive, go for it, but it's pretty obvious that the core roster is made up of west-coasters, supplemented by some wealthy walk-ons from around the country.

Let's check your math. 27 players on scholarship - 8 starters = 19 other players on scholarship. But somehow you determined that all of the non-starters are wealthy walk-ons.

The funniest thing about this is that we've already established that you don't have to be wealthy to go to Stanford. Their endowment allows 100% of students to graduate with no debt. You're worse than canesproponent, and I didn't think that was possible.

FYI, since you won't touch Vanderbilt with a ten-foot pole, their regular starting lineup has one guy from Tennessee.

Advertisement
I guess all the wealthy Vanderbilt walk-ons came in and took the starting jobs on their way to having the #3 RPI.

So now you have to be a starting position player to be recruited.

Sure thing, DannyBoy.

@IndayArtHauz can you ban this Gator troll permanently? He's been relentlessly trolling this board for years, it really is ridiculous at this point.

It'd be nice to discuss Miami baseball without a Gator fan who hates Miami ruining every thread

The entire baseball board would thank you.

@IndayArtHauz can you ban this Gator troll permanently? He's been relentlessly trolling this board for years, it really is ridiculous at this point.

It'd be nice to discuss Miami baseball without a Gator fan who hates Miami ruining every thread

The entire baseball board would thank you.

Why are you opposed to differing thoughts? I don't insult anyone around here. I don't break any rules. Man the F up.

Advertisement
Back