The official board of angry patrons versus Jagr thread

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
FYI, since you won't touch Vanderbilt with a ten-foot pole, their regular starting lineup has one guy from Tennessee.

Once again, you try to make it all about one state, rather than a region. Vandy has a lot of kids from the south. Vandy and Duke are the two best private schools in the south.

And we already said that Tennessee is NOT a high school baseball hotbed, while California is.

The point is obvious. Stanford can recruit its region (i.e., NOT nationally) and then fill out its roster with rich walk-ons.

Vandy has to look beyond Tennessee, but not much farther. They are still not going to blanket the country.

I would say that you are dumb, but you are not dumb. You are just stubborn and you think (incorrectly) that you know it all. You refuse to acknowledge the accurate truth that others post. You hide behind sarcastic comments and then strut around with some wrestling-style belt that you give to yourself every time you claim that you "won" a round of the argument.

You are a tragic stubborn buffoon. Everyone laughs at you, but you are too busy looking at yourself in the mirror while you tell yourself how smart you are and how you always win.

Sad, but true.

So you fell for one of the thousand websites that claim to be able to get your kid a scholarship. Too bad he doesn't play for me. I could have told you how to get your profile out there. But parents always know best.

Wait, so you have to "get your profile out there"? You mean "most of the top college baseball programs" aren't out there "nationally recruiting" and finding all the great baseball talent? And what about "Jupiter"?

It's like all that other stuff you wrote earlier was just horsesh!te. Oh, that's right, because it WAS horsesh!te.

Wait, so you have to "get your profile out there"? You mean "most of the top college baseball programs" aren't out there "nationally recruiting" and finding all the great baseball talent? And what about "Jupiter"?

It's like all that other stuff you wrote earlier was just horsesh!te. Oh, that's right, because it WAS horsesh!te.

One of my best flying buddy's son is using that site as well as a few others. He is getting responses. The kid also has appointments to West Point and Colorado Springs with preferred walk-on offers from both. And he got the PWOs before his appointments. He is now getting looks from regional schools at the D1 through D3 level. And yes, he plays travel ball. His grades alond make him a terrific PWO kid. He has also improved his fastball 8 mph. Good luck.

Advertisement
One of my best flying buddy's son is using that site as well as a few others. He is getting responses. The kid also has appointments to West Point and Colorado Springs with preferred walk-on offers from both. And he got the PWOs before his appointments. He is now getting looks from regional schools at the D1 through D3 level. And yes, he plays travel ball. His grades alond make him a terrific PWO kid. He has also improved his fastball 8 mph. Good luck.

And here is the reality that the moronic "recruit better" guys miss out on. Baseball evaluation is much more hit-and-miss than in football or basketball. We have already discussed football recruiting ad nauseam, that 4 and 5 star recruits tend to be better in college and make it to the NFL at higher rates, even though there are ALWAYS "diamonds in the rough". And basketball...it's nearly impossible to be drafted into the NBA without being a top recruit with "potential" and a "high ceiling". When you factor in the drafting of foreign players, there are precious few spots for college hoops players who "work their way" into the draft.

So that leaves baseball. And the MLB draft has a MASSIVE number of rounds compared to major league roster spots. BECAUSE the nature of evaluating baseball talent is so mixed when it comes to predicting future success. And MLB drafts both HS kids and college kids, so a few extra years of performance and evaluation are not some guarantee that the talent evaluation proves any more accurate.

Thus, what this Jagr dipsh!te expects is that college programs with THREE salaried coaches are supposed to operate at the same level as MLB scouting staffs, at least in their ability to blanket the country in search of talent, and to accurately evaluate that talent. And fill a roster of 27 with 11.7 scholarships to offer. And no revenue to travel, and no "film evaluation" staff to speak of.

But we can go to "Jupiter".

And more prestigious schools get out-of-state players.

On and on and on it goes with him. He's just a bullsh!te artist.

He trolls us all by ripping our coaching staff for not performing the impossible. He pulls a couple of private school rosters and acts as if that is prima facie evidence of "national recruiting".

Jagr's head is so far up his ******, it isn't even worth debating him any longer.

UM may have some issues to address, but "not going to Jupiter" and "not having recruits from Oregon" are not the problems.

@IndayArtHauz can you ban this Gator troll permanently? He's been relentlessly trolling this board for years, it really is ridiculous at this point.

It'd be nice to discuss Miami baseball without a Gator fan who hates Miami ruining every thread

The entire baseball board would thank you.
This isn’t a shot at anyone, but I see him mentioned by people when he isn’t around as much as I see him making an issue when he is around. It’s a cycle that ties my hands, because it seems like people want to antagonize him as badly as he wants to do it.

You want someone to change/get band for not changing? Let them look foolish all on their own, do not retaliate, and the situation usually resolved itself.

This isn’t a shot at anyone, but I see him mentioned by people when he isn’t around as much as I see him making an issue when he is around. It’s a cycle that ties my hands, because it seems like people want to antagonize him as badly as he wants to do it.

You want someone to change/get band for not changing? Let them look foolish all on their own, do not retaliate, and the situation usually resolved itself.

Inday, you make some excellent points. But we have to step back from the "personal" (and while I tend to attack people's arguments as stupid, sometimes I go a bit further and apply the term to the individual making the stupid arguments), and look at the big picture.

We just replaced a head baseball coach who won championships, but had declined. The team is performing better this year, with a limited sample size. We are starting to turn the Titanic around.

But Jagr just rips everything up and down. As an alum, I can't fathom an ACTUAL Miami fan being so negative with so little actual evidence. And, in particular, on THIS thread, he is acting as if Miami should do the impossible (in baseball recruiting).

So that's where the conclusion of anti-UM trolling comes from. It's beyond the name-calling. It comes down to the issue of "this is a UM board, why are we allowing a guy who clearly hates UM on here". Maybe he's gotten away with it for so long because he is spending a lot of time on the (less heavily read) baseball board. Maybe he is not as famous as Uncle Luke, who is widely vilified for his anti-UM comments (even though he claims to be a UM fan).

And if this entire thread was a balanced and informed discussion of issues, we could even accept his overall negative outlook on certain things.

That's all. It's not just the personal-type attacks. It is the full-bore anger and negativity towards UM and UM baseball. We can't even have a discussion thread without him blasting everyone with his anger.

Advertisement

Don't ban him unless he breaks the boars rules. If we ban his dumb a$$ just because he's a Gator then we will be no better than there snowflake board that protects them from the mean canes fans

Gnome is a dope. If we continue to win, he will disappear. He guaranteed Kelly to UF and some other coach prior to guaranteeing Kelly. He disappeared for months after that. His campaign endorsing Richt as the GOAT also led a Houdini-like disappearing act. When we win 10 of our last 12 games, we should see less of the douche.

The program right now is headed in the right direction with a complete underclassmen starting lineup. The program has issues. I think we all can agree. Some are fixable. Some are not. That's legitimate debate. But the incessant drumbeat of negativity is quite another. My only concern is if a high schooler interested in the program comes around this link it gets pretty nasty.

He obviously abhors the team. Why does he not venture somewhere else.

He was lambasting the team up to and throughout the CWS during 2015 and 2016. How could anyone be disappointed with those two years? UM basically made the "Final Four". He had a point (to an extent) up until 2015..... UM will arguably have one of the better teams next year and during 2021. He is also the only poster continuing to post extreme negativity during our current winning streak. He is obviously not a fan.

I would ban him.

Advertisement
Back