The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
What happened to Byron Leftwich is crazy, he goes from hero to zero in literally one season. Maybe he wasn’t as good as the Super Bowl season, but don’t tell me he was as bad as this past year with a distracted Tom Brady and who knows what kind of ******* **** going on with his wide receivers?
Was going to mention Byron. He was a hot HC candidate, won a SB as OB with Tampa. Until this season the Bucs offense was oustanding, with Brady of course, and even with Winston prior.

Bucs’ offensive woes were the result of losing three Pro Bowl quality OL, one each to retirement, free agency, and injury. Replacements were meh. Brady got happy feet. Godwin was never 100% until late season IMO, and Fournette is slow. Bucs had little speed, and DCs focused in the short game. Gronk retired.

For all his troubles, Antonio Brown helped open up the Bucs passing game. When he went off the reservation the Bucs offense sank.

The Bucs biggest front office mistake was not going all-in on winning NOW. With Brady year-to-year, but still elite (when upright) the Bucs should have mortgaged the future and add young speed to the offense. Trade up to draft a stud WR, FA singing, or trade. Instead they sign cast off Julio Jones. Top,picks were DL who may or may not develop. Drafted Kyle Trask as ’the future’ when he has to present.

Why can’t we just have a music thread? Every would be easier for a lot of us to avoid, easier for some to talk about the same thing, and a lot less detailed threads. As in every thread is turning into same thing. That’s no disrespect to the posters but weeding thru this to look at updates is **** near impossible at this point
The update is that there’s no new updates. As much as all the media outlets post “updates” the process is not changing every day several times a day.

Mario and Co play this close to the best. We’ll find out when it’s announced and the thread title will probably be updated along with 5-10 threads about the new hire.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If we get Candle, is he definitely running a pistol?

I watched some more "OC Candle" games today and his general offensive scheme with Woodside looked like:

- Base 3-4 WR sets, wide splits though not as stretched out as Lashlee, some empty sets and a few tight formations
- Lots of playaction/RPO
- Screen game is "logical" - RB is almost always a passing option, some tunnel/bubble screens but not as the basis for the entire offense
- Routes were vert/post heavy with some comebacks and outs, and some mirrored post routes
- A good amount of motion but nothing crazy - flexing in/out, some orbit RB motion and some HB across the formation
- outside/inside zone running - Kareem Hunt ran for almost 1500 yards in 2016 and added over 400 receiving yards

Major caveat of course is its 2023, not 2016 and he's been running that pistol/bunch zone read offense with middling success since he lost Woodside. But the above is what I'd expect here with TVD, IMO of course.

Advertisement
Hendrix went backstage after a Chicago concert in 1969, and told Terry Kath, you're the Greatest Guitarist I've ever heard. You can Google the subject and read it yourself.
He was flattering Kath. If you think Kath is better I really don’t know what to tell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back