The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
No Poison or Cinderella??? Disqualification immediately!!
Queensryche man Queens-freaking-ryche!!
Want to have fun sometime- go onto YouTube and watch people react to Queensryche’s Geoff Tate singing eyes of a stranger or take hold of the flame
Mind Blown GIF

he’s the ray Lewis of metal singers

As a Mario supporter I disagree some what. Last year he took for ever and got it wrong and he’s repeating the process again this year.

You can absolutely second guess the process especially with the current results and you question it until he proves to everyone that he can get things right.
Thats where am at. Dont try selling me on no process when it got us Gattis, who was a terrible fit. Shouldnt that long meticulous process weed out people based on stuff even outside of coaching. I aint gonna blindly support no coach. Produce results and we good

Advertisement
- If we are offering 2 million for our OC, and the candidate pool is withered down to Candle and few others we have a serious problem.

Several assumptions here. Are we actually offering 2 million? Seems likely but I don’t know that for a fact.

Is the candidate pool smaller because the Miami job is considered a greater risk than other jobs, especially a greater risk to a future career? That’s possible.

What happened to our last four offensive coordinators. One was able to parlay his time here and to a step up in his career. That’s good. What happened to the other three?

So the candidate pool may be smaller, there’s also speculation that Mario is a workaholic and expects the same, maybe that’s a factor.

There’s the abominable season we had last year that may also narrow the pools of candidates down. We are certainly not in the type of position a school like Alabama or Georgia is in, were you can be baseline competent and not fall flat on your face.

I would say it’s likely that the candidate pool is smaller. It would only make sense, but so what? Is there anything that can be done about it now? Are there only certain offensive coordinator candidates that can succeed here next year? That’s where I’m going to speculate, and say no.

I don’t care what type of offense they run, it’s just important that it’s someone that is able to use our current talent and maximize our offensive production. I really don’t give a **** if it’s a pistol, air raid, or some type of a hybrid offense, or any type of offense. Just maximize the talent we have, so that we can get the best possible offensive production from the talent that we actually have.

I give no no ***** about making message board splash with a high profile hire.

- We have a recruiter CEO type that needs to knock both coordinators out of the park and no one wants to work for him to be paid top-notch?

“Knock both coordinators out of the park“ is just messageboard hyperbole. Read the previous comments.

I don’t give three ***** about message board, splash, or people like you jumping up and down. In the end it’s going to be who is going to maximize the talent that we have on both sides of the ball, to maximize our potential wins for next year. That’s all I care about. It’s absurd to think that there are not people out there that can do that.
Good post, but the one aspect i disagree with you on is this:

WHO you hire or it being a splash goes beyond it being important to only the message board community. In my respectful opinion, who you hire or it being a splash may determine the LEVEL of talent that is willing to come to Miami on offense. Does D’Eriq King come without Rhett Lashlee? Some say no. Does Addison from Pitt go to USC if not for Lincoln Riley? Perhaps not.

To me, its not just about next year and maximizing the talent that is already here, it is also about maximizing the talent that is coming in at the offensive skill positions. I think big time receivers and quarterbacks care about that sort of thing and in spite of Mario’s recruiting prowess, it still does not seem we are cleaning up in that department.

Tool has more in common with Burners than grundge. In general though they are a metal prog band.
lol I didn't make the list.. I just ordered it correctly.

who all is going to Welcome to Rockville in May?

rock.jpg

Advertisement
I agree with you almost entirely but I'll go even further - I think the broader media/public reaction to Candle would be that it IS a splash and this message board will unsurprisingly find itself a significant outlier

I don’t keep count on who’s pro candle or who’s anti-candle, it seems like there’s at least a handful that are anti-candle, and I’m not sure about the rest.

It really doesn’t make any difference to me because it’s not going to affect how he does his job if it is him, by the same token you have someone like @Cribby thinking it’s not a bad hire, at least that’s how I interpreted it and I realize that may not be correct, and some other posters thinking it is a good hire, so who knows.

If it is him how, he uses our talent to maximize our offensive production - based on the talent we have, is all I care about.

Advertisement
I don’t keep count on who’s pro candle or who’s anti-candle, it seems like there’s at least a handful that are anti-candle, and I’m not sure about the rest.

It really doesn’t make any difference to me because it’s not going to affect how he does his job if it is him, by the same token you have someone like @Cribby thinking it’s not a bad hire, at least that’s how I interpreted it and I realize that may not be correct, and some other posters thinking it is so who knows. If it is him how, he uses our talent to maximize our offensive production. Based on the talent we have is all I care about.
I think it would be a solid hire. Not a home run or a **** hire imo.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back