The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Count me in the skeptical category for Candle. I’d back up the brinks truck for Brian Johnson if he wants to eventually become a college HC. Make him say no to a monster deal. And ask him who he wants at WR coach.

This is where I’m at. I’m sure Mario’s budget is $2m for an OC. I gotta tbink we can do better than candle. Someone like Johnson makes sense but that guy is on the short track to become a pro HC - I’m sure he’ll field plenty of pro OC gigs soon

I think so. That’s his kind of QB.

Mullen is not going to be an OC for anybody this year, but if you want to speculate, if he became OC, Jacurri stock would go straight up like a hockey stick, if not for this year for next. And I guarantee you, he’d be using him on designed plays this year.

You ever eat at a Kenny Rogers roasters? They had a money cherry cobbler
Michael Richards Eating GIF

Advertisement
Count me in the skeptical category for Candle. I’d back up the brinks truck for Brian Johnson if he wants to eventually become a college HC. Make him say no to a monster deal. And ask him who he wants at WR coach.
Strong possibility there will be a brinks truck backed up to make him an NFL OC this offseason

The concerts I saw at the Sportatorium and Lakeland Civic Center in the 70s and 80s were unmatched....but Pink Floyd in 1977 (Animals Tour) at the Old Miami Baseball Stadium sh*ts on anything I've ever seen, Period....

The Animals tour inspired The Wall, because Waters was unhappy with the way the audiences behaved on that tour.

Mullen is not going to be an OC for anybody this year, but if you want to speculate, if he became OC, Jacurri stock would go straight up like a hockey stick, if not for this year for next. And I guarantee you, he’d be using him on designed plays this year.
I absolutely agree. I don’t see him being an OC this year. He’d have Jacurri packages like he did for Emory and I think Richardson.

Advertisement
What a porst

That Offense averaged 31.3 points a game last year.

These are the 2022 F+ Defensive rankings for their opponents:

Ohio: 100
Kent St: 113
Ball State: 89
Bowling Green: 117
Buffalo: 81
Central Michigan: 98
E. Michigan: 110
N. Ill.: 127
W. M.: 73

Their OOC:

Something called Long Island University (there aren’t even analytic rankings for them)
Umass: 120
Ohio State: 15
San Diego State: 37

Against Ohio State’s Top 15 defense they scored 14 points in non-garbage time. I’m not going to hate on that too much.

Against San Diego State’s 37th ranked defense they scored 14 points. That’s not good for what is suppose to be our offensive savior.

Then they only played what is basically the worst defenses in all of college football, the rest of the year.

And still somehow barely averaged over 30 points a game.

Advertisement
This is where I’m at. I’m sure Mario’s budget is $2m for an OC. I gotta tbink we can do better than candle. Someone like Johnson makes sense but that guy is on the short track to become a pro HC - I’m sure he’ll field plenty of pro OC gigs soon

Bottom line is you can make a fantasy list of your preferred OCs, but the actual candidate pool, those people that would be willing, or might be willing to take the job, is not as big as some people think, and some of the names being mentioned might not be on that list of possible/achievable candidates.

I know his passing was horrid, but from a running perspective he’s Mullen’s wet dream…a big body QB with second level quickness that showed a ton of muscle and toughness his freshman year. Used his legs after contact well.

Agreed. So him getting paid $6M to bring Miami’s offense into the future is reason enough to make it happen!
If the dude doesn’t want to be an OC Mario and Saban can’t strong arm him into being one. Like I said earlier he’s may be happy doing tv and doesn’t feel he needs to take an OC job to get another P5 HC gig. If he’s right why take the risk working for someone else and having your stock drop.

Advertisement
Candle to ND makes more sense to be honest, and he’s already established in the Midwest. I brought it up after Rees was confirmed to Bama, and could be a reason this is dragging out even longer.

Mario better have his other option(s) ready.
The only Candle/ND noise I’m seeing is from Ferman. I’m seeing Moorehead to ND smoke more than anything

If we are offering 2 million for our OC, and the candidate pool is withered down to Candle and few others we have a serious problem and we all better hope that’s not the case.

We have a recruiter CEO type that needs to knock both coordinators out of the park and no one wants to work for him to be paid top notch?

Might as well stick a fork in Mario and move on if that’s the case.

Shock G is that you
I think we lost him not long ago. I met him years ago in another world I lived in and spent a night running around with him, Tupac, Parrish from EPMD and others starting at Luke’s.

We were sipping down vanilla milkshakes at the Denny’s on 36th and Biscayne Blvd at 3 am or so and chicks we’re coming up to him at our table and he asked a couple of them if they wanted to take out their ******* and put them on the table. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back