The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets Go Reaction GIF by Mason Ramsey
@PIPO ’s excited for Candle. Pipo loves a pistol offense.

FFDE945F-1E52-4789-B621-FD49D3DFA25B.gif

Advertisement
I’m not saying that Mullen isn’t a good game planner or an offensive coordinator, but he sure has a tendency to want quarterbacks to run and make bull runs into the line. He’s not a Lincoln Riley, or a Mr. Air Raid. I believe he’s effective especially with offensive game planning and scheming, but he has certain tendencies with the way he uses the quarterback most times.

omg you just said DOKKEN IS BETTER THAN METLLICA. SERIOUSLY.

yeah dokkens influence on music can be found..
200.gif
Britney Spears and Nickleback influenced a generation of popsicles too... but you still won't find them in my CD rotation.

Stop not-liking what I like!!!

I’m not saying that Mullen isn’t a good game planner or an offensive coordinator, but he sure has a tendency to want quarterbacks to run and make bull runs into the line. He’s not a Lincoln Riley, or a Mr. Air Raid. I believe he’s effective especially with offensive game planning and scheming, but he has certain tendencies with the way he uses the quarterback most times.
Yeah, he loves a fullback with an arm. He’s not perfect but he’s really good at taking what defenses give him and scheming guys open. If the WRs couldn’t do it, he’d be getting the production from Skinner and Arroyo.

Metallica overrated? Just when I thought I’d seen it all….

Whoever said Metallica is over rated has a mangina and probably suffers from the dreaded,2 pump chump syndrome.

I get opinions are opinions and all but over rated bands don’t sell 125 million albums all over the world!

Even a premature ejaculating Caveman that identifies as a Tranny knows this!

Advertisement
Correct.

Unless they redid the deal, when he was fired, he was owed a total of $12M.

$6M to be paid within 30 days of his firing, which is long gone. And $1M every July 15th for the next 6 years. None of that is contingent on him taking any other jobs. That’s his bread if he runs for president or hibernates for 6 years.
Didn’t Mullen turn down Bama. Why would he want to come here?

Advertisement
Candle to ND makes more sense to be honest, and he’s already established in the Midwest. I brought it up after Rees was confirmed to Bama, and could be a reason this is dragging out even longer.

Mario better have his other option(s) ready.

Why would a top P5 program want him? He sucks so bad his F+ stats are in the gutter. Nobody’s going to hire this loser as an OC.

I’m higher on him, but I understand your point.

For TVD, he wouldn’t be the best option. I’d go with Littrell. For Jacurri, he’d unequivocally be the #1 choice imo. Ludwig a close second.

But I think Trask disproved this theory to an extent, although he certainly prefers the dual threats. Alex Smith, Dak, Fitzgerald, and so on. His attention to detail is borderline pristine, and he adapts very well. That Bama game in 2021 where UF almost came back with Emory really opened my eyes regarding the ability to identify a hole in the armor (apparently ch ink gets bleeped out lol) at halftime and repeatedly attack it.

Advertisement
Whoever said Metallica is over rated has a mangina and probably suffers from the dreaded,2 pump chump syndrome.

I get opinions are opinions and all but over rated bands don’t sell 125 million albums all over the world!

Even a premature ejaculating Caveman that identifies as a Tranny knows this!

See ya at the Titanic I guess.

Advertisement
Count me in the skeptical category for Candle. I’d back up the brinks truck for Brian Johnson if he wants to eventually become a college HC. Make him say no to a monster deal. And ask him who he wants at WR coach.

I’m higher on him, but I understand your point.

For TVD, he wouldn’t be the best option. I’d go with Littrell. For Jacurri, he’d unequivocally be the #1 choice imo. Ludwig a close second.

But I think Trask disproved this theory to an extent, although he certainly prefers the dual threats. Alex Smith, Dak, Fitzgerald, and so on. His attention to detail is borderline pristine, and he adapts very well. That Bama game where UF almost came back with Emory really opened my eyes.

He still had Trask running, more than I would’ve been comfortable with although not as much as with Franks, or his other past quarterbacks.

One thing to keep in mind, with all this time Mario and co. are taking for this hire, is the less amount of time for TVD to get ahead of the game for a playbook or simple understanding prior to spring ball. In most cases, spring ball is just the basics and meant for pure development, mainly of young talent. However, most of us would agree that we don’t have that luxury. This spring is vital to the success long-term, therefore we have to make a milestone jump and it starts now.

With winter workouts going on, I believe coaches are allowed to watch, then maybe the last week they’re allowed to coach the drills as well. Without a coach for both QB and WR, these guys aren’t getting the extra tips from their position coaches to gain familiarity early. Seems little but it matters in football. Keep in mind practice begins March 3rd. Less than a month away, and our staff doesn’t even know who they’ll be working with and rushing to get the first week install for spring practices, granted it should be simple, but it’s besides the point if someone on staff maybe wanted to make tweaks or suggestions to adjustments.

My other point for long-term success, Mario has given the young guys he’s brought in the pitch that “hey we’re working hard and we’ll be back on top with you guys!” Which sounds great to an 18 year old to feel they’re needed. However, with the transfer portal, another bad season like last year and it’s easy for a young guy to say “***k this I’m out” we’re doing all this hard work and getting all these promises, yet the guy you bring in to call plays is a dud. Hence another reason why skill WRs aren’t attracted to Miami. They only have a limited time left, yet they don’t even know who’ll be designing plays for them. Older guys aren’t as tempted to fall for that as much as high schoolers and we clearly seen the result of it.

I’m only bringing this up to point out the importance, which I’m fully confident that Mario is aware of, but I wonder if those around him will stand up to him and say, “hey man, you might be getting in your own way with this one.”

I don't believe Mario would agree that "we have to make a milestone jump" in any timeframe, b/c that's not the way process-oriented individuals approach expectations; actually, it's completely counter to how process-oriented builders set expectations.

Furthermore, if in one year from now kids are telling Mario,"the guy you bring in to call plays is a dud", it truly won't matter if that guy was hired in December or February. Getting the hire right is much more important than timing of a public announcement. And as far as the offseason program, I don't believe the fundamentals of each position-grouping will differ much from one OC to the next.

Lastly, you don't commit the finances, time-frame and institutional resources to a guy like Mario and then second-guess his process. I think by catering to his every demand, including firing the AD, you've made it clear his opinion about hiring coaches and building the program supersedes "those around him".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back