The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Candle is thinking outside the box and bringing Brian Wilson to coach Miami football?

8EF6739F-C591-49BF-831D-DF38A70DA43C.jpeg

Advertisement
So you found the statistic that confirmed your bias. Whereas I went to total offense, without knowing what I would find, because, quite frankly, I don’t know **** about Candle, and this is what I found.

There may be other nuances and other statistics, but total offense has always been a benchmark since I’ve started following football. In fact, it’s the most often referenced offensive statistic when comparing team offenses.

Just because you don’t find it useful doesn’t mean it isn’t.

“He’s about as bad as it gets“ shows you have no credibility. Take a seat.

Teams are running a variance of total plays these days with all the tempo. I feel like yards per attempt get you there a bit better

So you found the statistic that confirmed your bias. Whereas I went to total offense, without knowing what I would find, because, quite frankly, I don’t know **** about Candle, and this is what I found.

Yes, I already knew what F+ would say about Candle’s 2018 offense, so that’s why I went with it.

Orrrrrrrr, I just always use F+ and put in every year and just took the numbers as they came.

What is F+? Is it something similar to PFF?

Not really.

PFF is more scout driven. PFF is stuff like, “% of throws that are ‘big time’ throws,” “throws within the framework of the offense” “INT worthy throws” and stuff like that.

F+ is just box score stats. Like total offense. But advanced ones instead. It’s a combination of the two best analytic models: FEI and SP+.

It adjusts for things like number of plays run, field position, quality of defenses played, turnovers, etc.

So for instance.

The one poster used total offense, and has Toledo at 46 for 2022. And is using that as an example of not a bad season offensively.

F+ has Toledo as the 80th overall offense that year. So horrible. And one reason is because, if you look at the defenses Toledo played, almost all rate outside the Top 100. It was a really bad year in the MAC.

So F+ is looking at what would one project an average offense to have done against that defensive schedule? And then is looking at what Toledo did?

Advertisement
Not really.

PFF is more scout driven. PFF is stuff like, “% of throws that are ‘big time’ throws,” “throws within the framework of the offense” “INT worthy throws” and stuff like that.

F+ is just box score stats. Like total offense. But advanced ones instead. It’s a combination of the two best analytic models: FEI and SP+.

It adjusts for things like number of plays run, field position, quality of defenses played, turnovers, etc.

So for instance.

The one poster used total offense, and has Toledo at 46 for 2022. And is using that as an example of not a bad season offensively.

F+ has Toledo as the 80th overall offense that year. So horrible. And one reason is because, if you look at the defenses Toledo played, almost all rate outside the Top 100. It was a really bad year in the MAC.

So F+ is looking at what would one project an average offense to have done against that defensive schedule? And then is looking at what Toledo did?
Salute to you for doing real research and forming your own opinion

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back