The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
“seal the deal this time”

giphy.webp

Candle and Beard are good, and an upgrade, but Seth Littrell is a stronger choice. Weird to me that his name is totally absent from the convo. Maybe he said go **** yourself behind the sences.
Name hasn’t come up with any other teams either

Who would you prefer? A majority of Nebraska fans were happy when Frost was canned, so that rules him out. It can’t be Mullen because Gator fans wanted him gone.
Mullen. Florida fans would be very scared if we got Mullen as our OC.

You’re right that they’re different positions and I don’t know enough about Candle to know if he’d be good here. I’m just making an observation that I haven’t seen Toledo fans saying he’d be good at Miami as OC but rather just saying that they’d be so happy for him to leave lol

Advertisement
The Candle hire is relative to who else is a possibility of being hired...

If it’s between Candle or Arroyo, Coley, Nussi etc, then Candle is the best of that bunch.

Other names like Frosty, Mullen, Littrell etc, are really only speculative because we have no idea if they’re even in consideration or even interested.

We may all expect “better”, but the reality is Candle is probably the best we can do.

View it like a spectrum, with Gattless being on one end & whichever OC you view as the best on the other; as long as we get further away from the Gattless side of the spectrum that’s better than worse case scenario.

Is it ideal? No. Is it what might be preferred given the salary that can paid for the position? Probably not.

I believe Cristobal views Candle as a grand slam hire. Second year in a row he's been Cristobals #1 guy. Doesn't matter if Cristobal had 2x more $$$ to offer an OC, I still think he'd want Candle.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Who would you prefer? A majority of Nebraska fans were happy when Frost was canned, so that rules him out. It can’t be Mullen because Gator fans wanted him gone.
They actually would be worried if we got Mullet as an OC. Their issue was he’s a lazy recruiter.

Advertisement
They actually would be worried if we got Mullet as an OC. Their issue was he’s a lazy recruiter.
They'd be worried if we hired the guy from Washington because he doesn't run the ball enough, because that allegedly helps the defense in performing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back