The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
wendyspr GIF by Wendy's Puerto Rico

Advertisement
If it IS Frost, any concern about rehabbing his reputation with recruits and parents? There was an awful lot of damaging rumor and innuendo out on social media last fall. And then there are the coaches who allegedly went to the Admin about him....

Seems like alot to take on when he'd be front and center as OC...

Advertisement
Matt Lubick worked with Frost

Colorado State (GA)
Cal State Northridge (DB)
1997–1998
San Jose State (WR)
1999–2000
Oregon State (DB)
2001–2004
Colorado State (WR)
2005–2006
Ole Miss (WR)
2007–2009
Arizona State (DB)
2010–2012
Duke (WR)
2013–2015
Oregon (PGC/WR)
Oregon (OC/WR)
2017–2018
Washington (co-OC/WR)
2020–2021
Nebraska (OC/WR)
2022–present
Kansas (senior analyst)

If it IS Frost, any concern about rehabbing his reputation with recruits and parents? There was an awful lot of damaging rumor and innuendo out on social media last fall. And then there are the coaches who allegedly went to the Admin about him....

I trust both Mario and the athletic department/administration (especially with what Gattis did) to thoroughly vet Frost. Last thing this program needs is more attention for misbehaviors and such, given it’s already in the limelight for poor football play with a large budget, and a loud-mouth booster that loves spending money on kids / the whole NIL look (not my perspective, just what the national perception is).

If Frost is OC, I expect they did their full diligence on his background and got the ok from multiple external sources as well.

Advertisement

I feel like it would be similar to when bama brings on failed coaches for a rehab. Probably will have minimal role in that aspect until ppl magically forget about his issues

If he’s the OC/QB coach he will likely only focus on recruiting QBs and only have to address it with a handful of prospects

Advertisement
Having to run a flea flicker vs Southern Miss to get some momentum was when I knew 😂
You laugh, but when I saw that play, I knew too. I turned to my wife and my initial reaction was, "When we have to use that play... against THIS bunch... this early in the season? This guy (OC) has a flawed plan, or no plan at all." I knew then, that the jig was up. I had no idea that he wouldn't make it to year 2, though. Didn't know it would end this soon.

Advertisement
I trust both Mario and the athletic department/administration (especially with what Gattis did) to thoroughly vet Frost. Last thing this program needs is more attention for misbehaviors and such, given it’s already in the limelight for poor football play given a large budget, and a loud-mouth booster that loves spending money on kids / the whole NIL look (not my perspective, just what the national perception is).

If Frost is OC, I expect they did their full diligence on his background and got the ok from multiple external sources as well.
Agree. But that's internally. I'm thinking more about the general public and world of recruits/parents.

It was pretty public stuff. And even if he just recruits one position - QBs, - that's a pretty important group of people.

Just something to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back